• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

emb

Hitting someone with rollout in midair offstage just makes you spin helplessly until you die.

Pretty dumb. I'm sure it's always been like this but still.
Yeah, been that way for a while. Playing Melee, I always kick myself when someone gets back on stage with roll out. Unless they sweetspot the edge (or they have some serious height, running the risk of just missing the whole stage), you can just take the rollout near the edge and watch them fall to their death.

jorgejjvr

I feel you, I'm still playing a lot but I'm getting increasingly frustrated with my ability to control my character. Too many SDs, and these days I'm scared of mashing the control stick cause it seems looser than before. Can't wait to have that GC controller

likewise. My circle pad is falling, and i feel too frustrated playing on it. I need that gc controller. I feel handicap

little mac isn't that bad. Anytime I go against little mac I just pick my anti mac character, The one true king, DeDeDe. Smack em till they're at like 40sh, suck em up and walk off the stage then throw them out, and finally, recover back to the stage. Ive only wen't against one Mac who beat my DeDeDe. But I do admit I hate fighting little mac, he's such a pain in the ass. Sometimes I just stop playing after going against mac like 3 times in a row or something, he's just boring to go against.

As much as I'd like to, any time I do come up against a Little Mac player on For Glory, I just want to quit the match immediately. A laggy mess and a "the floor is made of lava" where nobody can fight because the other player just spams smash attacks. I am certainly not going to fight that player again.

one_kill

Need seven more trophies, but they just won't show up
Also, grinding for custom specials through Smash Run is starting to get annoying

As much as I'd like to, any time I do come up against a Little Mac player on For Glory, I just want to quit the match immediately. A laggy mess and a "the floor is made of lava" where nobody can fight because the other player just spams smash attacks. I am certainly not going to fight that player again.

ha yea. I normally just leave after the 2nd match against Little Mac(that way I can spank them with DDD and show them they're not nice)

DaBoss

Well there it is.
xyApJvS.jpg

It's funny, I was grinding Classic for a while, then decided to switch it up and try Trophy Rush. This was pretty much the method I used to get all custom moves (along with playing Smash Run). I tried that with headgear, but it just wasn't happening, so I just stuck it out with Classic for the most part until that moment.

In my first Trophy Rush run, I did shit and only got 3 custom items, and then I scrolled down through the rewards page, and I see a headgear icon with "NEW" on it.

I'm pretty much done with single-player in Smash 3DS. Feels good.

emb

Well there it is.
xyApJvS.jpg

It's funny, I was grinding Classic for a while, then decided to switch it up and try Trophy Rush. This was pretty much the method I used to get all custom moves (along with playing Smash Run). I tried that with headgear, but it just wasn't happening, so I just stuck it out with Classic for the most part until that moment.

In my first Trophy Rush run, I did shit and only got 3 custom items, and then I scrolled down through the rewards page, and I see a headgear icon with "NEW" on it.

I'm pretty much done with single-player in Smash 3DS. Feels good.
Wait, you have another challenge unfinished besides the head gear one?

SeanR1221

Odd question but how do you guys hold your 3ds while playing? Fingers always on L and R or do you use your pointer fingers to support the system and move them up to hit the triggers when you have to.

one_kill

Well done DaBoss!

I've been grinding Trophy Rush but haven't had much luck. Did you use a variety of characters? I'm not sure if switching characters would help

Odd question but how do you guys hold your 3ds while playing? Fingers always on L and R or do you use your pointer fingers to support the system and move them up to hit the triggers when you have to.
A finger on R, but not on L

I don't know how the defense works in this game. The landing lag is so long even if you don't attack or dodge that it's incredibly easy to just be knocked into the air over and over again. It's like you have to land a perfect aerial every time or else you get knocked back up again.

And there are now so many multi-hit moves that I have to unlearn years of sidestep timing and impulses because that shit gets you killed now.

DaBoss

Fingers always on L and R.
Well done DaBoss!

I've been grinding Trophy Rush but haven't had much luck. Did you use a variety of characters? I'm not sure if switching characters would help
Thanks.

These are the general things I did:
- Switching it up between Classic, Smash Run, and Trophy Rush. I'm not exactly sure why this works, but it definitely worked to my benefit. I nearly always got new stuff when I switched it up, even when I was at my last few custom moves.
- Switch between characters if they don't have all of their custom moves unlocked (more than 1 not unlocked). This is very important. You should only grind a specific character when you are at your last custom move.
- Made note of what characters have their customs unlocked through challenges. You don't want to waste your time going for the last custom only to realize it is behind a challenge lol.
- Finished Target Blast and Home Run Contest with all characters. This isn't as important, but you can get quite a few custom items by doing this while attempting to complete the challenges that involve beating those modes with all characters.
- Set Classic to 9.0 at all times. 9.0 has the greatest chance of getting a higher number of custom items.
- If you got 3 or less rewards in the first event of Classic Mode and 1 or more of them are new, purposely lose the next event, so you can keep all of those rewards. This is useful when you are in the last stretch and don't want to take any chances of losing the reward.

Hope it is helpful and not confusing.

Valus

One of my friends is bragging to me about how he's wrecking our friends in 1v1s with customs/gear on. Most of my friends don't even have customs yet let alone gear, so he's walking around breaking shields and killing at 60% and talking all this shit, saying that "he's just picking the better character."

He's a troll by nature but man, next time I play him and wreck him with no gear, I'm gonna suggest we turn on the handicap to help him further since he apparently needs it.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
- If you got 3 or less rewards in the first event of Classic Mode and 1 or more of them are new, purposely lose the next event, so you can keep all of those rewards. This is useful when you are in the last stretch and don't want to take any chances of losing the reward.

Can you elaborate on this one? What are the rules for how many and which of your rewards you lose when you die? By dying on level 2 does that ensure that if you were to die on level 5 or something, you'd never lose those initial rewards somehow?

JoeInky

Can you elaborate on this one? What are the rules for how many and which of your rewards you lose when you die? By dying on level 2 does that ensure that if you were to die on level 5 or something, you'd never lose those initial rewards somehow?

If you have 3 or less rewards and die on the second round, you won't lose any of your current rewards, so you can just give up there and get all three.

It doesn't mean you've locked those moves in or something, just that you can quit then and there and still get them.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
If you have 3 or less rewards and die on the second round, you won't lose any of your current rewards, so you can just give up there and get all three.

It doesn't mean you've locked those moves in or something, just that you can quit then and there and still get them.

Whoooa wait. You get to keep all your rewards if you die and choose to quit?!?

MouldyK

I wish Offline Tournies would be a thing. Nothing makes me happier in games than Tournaments (or league tables), even if it is against AI.

Okay, far be it from me to complain about the roster, but I thought the reasoning behind nixing Ice Climbers was to keep parity between the two versions. However, that last stream shows that there are pretty big differences anyway. Entire game modes are Wii U exclusive, there are more stages, etc., so what was the point of nixing them?

one_kill

I'm so determined to unlocking custom moves now that they're confirmed to be transferable

Okay, far be it from me to complain about the roster, but I thought the reasoning behind nixing Ice Climbers was to keep parity between the two versions. However, that last stream shows that there are pretty big differences anyway. Entire game modes are Wii U exclusive, there are more stages, etc., so what was the point of nixing them?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=895988

Top Bottom