• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

ggs man, your dr mario is pretty solid stuff.

I really must have gotten lucky or your Robin wasn't god-tier like Link. Link is impossible. I don't think I'm going to play any Links anymore. Wii Fit is brutal, but it's not hopeless to attempt at least.

Neki

I really must have gotten lucky or your Robin wasn't god-tier like Link. Link is impossible. I don't think I'm going to play any Links anymore. Wii Fit is brutal, but it's not hopeless to attempt at least.

Link is my main, so don't feel too bad, your Megaman put up a good fight against him too. My Robin is terrible though, I do agree.

After a good number of For Glory matches I can say that ZSS reputation for being top tier is a little overblown. In fact, I feel that Samus is much better than ZSS in this game. Samus' speed is just deceptive but with mix-ups of missiles and charged shots, and with her improved smash attacks, I'm finding a harder time beating her than ZSS, which pretty much lacks killing power and can be stopped easily.

Agreed. I've never had many issues with ZSS. Sure, a good one can be annoying but it's no different than any other fast rushdown character for me. Samus on the other hand...ugh. She has amazing smash abilities/aerials and projectile spam.

Moonlight

Banned
Yo, Cosmic Dreams, up for some games right now if you want! Tell me if you wanna make the room or if I should/rule preferences.

Kinda interested in playing a few matches with some more people afterwards, too. I feel like I don't put myself out there enough in terms of playing with everyone in the thread. My FC is 3668-7701-9486!

Yo, Cosmic Dreams, up for some games right now if you want! Tell me if you wanna make the room or if I should/rule preferences.

Kinda interested in playing a few matches with some more people afterwards, too. I feel like I don't put myself out there enough in terms of playing with everyone in the thread. My FC is 3668-7701-9486!

Got you in a minute. Make the room!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Does anyone know the exact requirements for the get 5 hits in streetsmash? Do I need 5 queued up or do I need 5 lifetime? Once I get that I'll have everything else in the game. That challenge has the final smash run power, which gives me the final hat, which will give me the final trophy.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Does anyone know the exact requirements for the get 5 hits in streetsmash? Do I need 5 queued up or do I need 5 lifetime? Once I get that I'll have everything else in the game. That challenge has the final smash run power, which gives me the final hat, which will give me the final trophy.
5 lifetime.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Anyone want to pop my SmashGaf cherry.
I believe this will be my only chance to play because of Bayonetta.
I might be pretty amateur-ish though.

0103-9461-9036

Good games moonlight! I notice you got a lot of potential with your Robin. Take advantage of that fire tome like I said. Also try using techniques with throwing that Levin Sword!

I remember Anonymous Tipster did something last night with his Robin where he was able to throw that sword at me constantly. Something like that.

GGs, I still got a ways to go to improve my game, thanks for the long set though, I think I finally understand Megaman now! :p

Hah hah, ask and you shall receive! ;p

Your Link is very good, and you've got a lot of really fast reflexes. I think you just need to work on the predictable patterns a bit, and you'll be absolutely terrifying!

You might want to try playing k_hop sometime if you're interested in a mirror match. I'd say his Link's playstyle is similar to yours!

I remember Anonymous Tipster did something last night with his Robin where he was able to throw that sword at me constantly. Something like that.
Sorry just caught this, hah hah. You can catch the Levin Sword (or any of the tomes) when it drops and you can toss it like an item. It's a cool 12% if it hits. That said, the opponent can do the same!

Neki

You're Link is very good, and you've got a lot of really fast reflexes. I think you just need to work on the predictable patterns a bit, and you'll be absolutely terrifying!

You might want to try playing k_hop sometime if you're interested in a mirror match. I'd say his Link's playstyle is similar to yours!

Yeah, you're the only one who ever punishes my short jump nairs, it's a bad habit because it always works on everyone else. We've played before, but it was with customs on, which is completely different from vanilla Smash. I think the power bow could have scored a bunch of kos in our games since it easily kills from 70 and up.

You're Link is very good, and you've got a lot of really fast reflexes. I think you just need to work on the predictable patterns a bit, and you'll be absolutely terrifying!

Sorry just caught this, hah hah. You can catch the Levin Sword (or any of the tomes) when it drops and you can toss it like an item. It's a cool 12% if it hits. That said, the opponent can do the same!

Interesting... Does it kill at an early percent? You, sir, are the king of pressures in combat. haha I hated being in the air because I knew you'd come in and swat me like a fly!

Moonlight

Banned
Good games moonlight! I notice you got a lot of potential with your Robin. Take advantage of that fire tome like I said. Also try using techniques with throwing that Levin Sword!

Good games, Cosmic! I think you had me totally figured out by those last few matches, haha. Couldn't put together a good way to apply Arcfire pressure without getting punished hard. I've got pretty mediocre spacing still, I think. And I somehow didn't realize it was so dangerous to be above ROB either. All those Up-Smashes I just fell into. :lol

You're pretty vicious with that top, too. Kept getting whacked by that thing! You're also pretty good with those spot-dodges and rolls! I think a lot of my attempts at pressure wound up backfiring from them. :p

And yeah, item catching is a thing that I should get better on with Robin. I'm not that great at catching them out of the air like Nairo can (who can basically do it on instinct or something), so usually spent swords/tomes I toss wind up going to waste. Which isn't great, since they do absurd amounts of knockback!

AdaWong

I'm still bitter seeing Special Smash in Wii U but not in 3DS :(

I would LOVE for Mode DLC for Smash3DS but that wont happen. :(

Sora_N

Any easy character to finish All Star on Normal? I really hate playing All Star, I might just use a Hammer if it pisses me off too much.

Moonlight

Banned
Any easy character to finish All Star on Normal? I really hate playing All Star, I might just use a Hammer if it pisses me off too much.
Lucario is pretty easy since he'll only get stronger as he takes percent. I personally found Robin to be pretty decent, since you can leave a single CPU in the match alive and siphon their percent with Nosferatu instead of having to use a health item until you really need it.

All-Star isn't really that hard, though. All the CPUs are dumber than dirt and your character is buffed to heck. Camp walk-offs for easy kills if they come up.

Good games, Cosmic! I think you had me totally figured out by those last few matches, haha. Couldn't put together a good way to apply Arcfire pressure without getting punished hard. I've got pretty mediocre spacing still, I think. And I somehow didn't realize it was so dangerous to be above ROB either. All those Up-Smashes I just fell into. :lol

You're pretty vicious with that top, too. Kept getting whacked by that thing! You're also pretty good with those spot-dodges and rolls! I think a lot of my attempts at pressure wound up backfiring from them. :p

And yeah, item catching is a thing that I should get better on with Robin. I'm not that great at catching them out of the air like Nairo can (who can basically do it on instinct or something), so usually spent swords/tomes I toss wind up going to waste. Which isn't great, since they do absurd amounts of knockback!

Just get some more practice in. If I could offer any other advice, i'd say it wouldn't hurt to check the Robin section at Smashboards to see tips on match ups and techniques. Lots of players are constantly trying new things for their characters, which is why I was able to get you with those Up-Smashes-- I started reading the ROB threads over there recently on my free time. Thank you though! Compared to a lot of other ROB players, I try to focus primarily on spacing with my tops. I'm currently looking into how I can experiment with techniques using the top. It's like my specialty. lol

I noticed that you're more skilled with arcfire compared to other players. The interesting thing about Robin is that many players tend to have different strategies in combat but most that i've played so far rely a lot on thunder tomes. I'd say focus more on your arcfire/levin sword punishment. That thing is scary when you're not 100% on your toes. lol So yeah that and throwing that sword around too.

If you're ever up for a sparring partner/fun matches feel free to hit me up anytime on here or message! That goes for everyone else in SmashGAF! I'll be taking a break right now but if anyone's free tomorrow just let me know.

Awesome matches; this will be my last one though.

Sounds like you got that smash cherry popped.
Your post earlier made me lol way harder than it should've.

Fiktion

Banned
People noticed this in the Direct. Patch coming.

Rgs2AN5.png

Sora_N

Got to the last stage, with Ike. I was just cheapass with him, but then I died. I think I can beat it with him though lol.

Top Bottom