• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

I'm so determined to unlocking custom moves now that they're confirmed to be transferable

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=895988

But again: There are massive differences between the two versions anyway. You can't play 8 player mode on the 3DS. They confirmed that there were exclusive stages on the Wii U, more music ("It's not even comparable!"), and so on. So my question is: What was the point? It's not a big deal or anything, I'm just curious.

Edit: Thinking about it, having different characters would probably mean more to consumers than music or stages, so that's probably why.

EhoaVash

15426306490_ff037e11e8.jpg

..from NOA PR ;d

edit :

already posted lol

Rayis

Will you guys keep playing the 3DS version after the Wii U version is out?

cuz I prolly won't be getting a Wii U for a while D;

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Will you guys keep playing the 3DS version after the Wii U version is out?

cuz I prolly won't be getting a Wii U for a while D;

Only at university or somewhere away from home where I can't drag along my Wii U.

DaBoss

I think my sister was watching a video, sorry about the lag, Gartooth.

-------------------------
Yea, it isn't exactly clear whether custom items you unlocked will transfer over, but we can make sets on our 3DS and just bring them over to the Wii U version quite easily, so it isn't a big deal if you have everything unlocked in the 3DS version outside of challenges requiring you to unlock stuff..
Can you elaborate on this one? What are the rules for how many and which of your rewards you lose when you die? By dying on level 2 does that ensure that if you were to die on level 5 or something, you'd never lose those initial rewards somehow?
Yea, what JoeInky said. Just lose at the second event and choose not to continue.

Mumei

Does anyone want to play 1v1?

0576-4860-2653

I'm feeling so demoralized by For Glory. Makes me want to quit playing. Ugh.

I think we need clarification from Sakurai on whether customs unlock when connecting the 3DS to the Wii U.

Does anyone want to play 1v1?

0576-4860-2653

I'm feeling so demoralized by For Glory. Makes me want to quit playing. Ugh.
What's the problem, Mumei?

Mumei

What's the problem, Mumei?

I keep losing, and not fun "I had a great match losing" but in the "Utterly depressing games where even the wins aren't fun because the opponents keep playing super defensively."

I don't mind losing when it's fun (honest!), but it seems like I keep matched up with people who play that sort of conservative, punishment-oriented style. I know why they're doing it (it's effective!), but it's just not fun for me.

I think this is why I like playing against the more aggro rushdown characters than against the campers, in general.

And Shamrock7r, I've added you~

Edit: Also, I feel sort of discouraged by For Glory's record keeping from trying out new characters. I haven't tried a large portion of the cast; maybe I'll find someone better for me or who is better at combating characters I struggle against regularly.

I keep losing, and not fun "I had a great match losing" but in the "Utterly depressing games where even the wins aren't fun because the opponents keep playing super defensively."

I don't mind losing when it's fun (honest!), but it seems like I keep matched up with people who play that sort of conservative, punishment-oriented style. I know why they're doing it (it's effective!), but it's just not fun for me.

I think this is why I like playing against the more aggro rushdown characters than against the campers, in general.

Edit: Also, I feel sort of discouraged by For Glory's record keeping from trying out new characters. I haven't tried a large portion of the cast; maybe I'll find someone better for me or who is better at combating characters I struggle against regularly.

game is up

edit: Is your For Glory record even seen by anyone but yourself? I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Oh by the way, I KOed someone with Bowser's forward throw when they were at like 150%.

Honestly, I don't feel like defensive play is as good in this game as people make it out to be. It's all about learning the ways to penetrate defenses. I main Bowser, and I've yet to find someone who can consistently camp me to victory while running away. I always get in if I make smart choices.

If you can talk more about who you use, and who you are facing, I'd be glad to offer you some more specific advice.

[/quote]Edit: Also, I feel sort of discouraged by For Glory's record keeping from trying out new characters. I haven't tried a large portion of the cast; maybe I'll find someone better for me or who is better at combating characters I struggle against regularly.[/QUOTE]
I feel that. Zelda took me from 70% wins to 63%. Felt bad, and it took me a few days to get back up to 70% (okay, 69.5%) with Bowser.

You really have to either get over the win record being something that matters to you, or experiment with people on your friends list. When we play, if you ever want to just say "Stop using Bowser, I'm sick of facing him", let me know and I'll gladly experiment with another character. Personally, I care about my For Glory win record because it lets me know how well I'm doing. Sometimes I can feel like I suck, but seeing that I have won 90% of my last 100 matches makes me realize that I'm just being too hard on myself for losing those 10 matches.

Mumei I am really sorry but i have to do a 2v2 real quick for a ladder. Had no idea my friend was already finding a match. We can play after if you are still interested

Mumei

Mumei I am really sorry but i have to do a 2v2 real quick for a ladder. Had no idea my friend was already finding a match. We can play after if you are still interested

Depends on when you finish!

Oh by the way, I KOed someone with Bowser's forward throw when they were at like 150%.

Honestly, I don't feel like defensive play is as good in this game as people make it out to be. It's all about learning the ways to penetrate defenses. I main Bowser, and I've yet to find someone who can consistently camp me to victory while running away. I always get in if I make smart choices.

If you can talk more about who you use, and who you are facing, I'd be glad to offer you some more specific advice.

I feel that. Zelda took me from 70% wins to 63%. Felt bad, and it took me a few days to get back up to 70% (okay, 69.5%) with Bowser.

You really have to either get over the win record being something that matters to you, or experiment with people on your friends list. When we play, if you ever want to just say "Stop using Bowser, I'm sick of facing him", let me know and I'll gladly experiment with another character. Personally, I care about my For Glory win record because it lets me know how well I'm doing. Sometimes I can feel like I suck, but seeing that I have won 90% of my last 100 matches makes me realize that I'm just being too hard on myself for losing those 10 matches.

Karsticles, are you trying to make me feel terrible? <______<

Let's play. You can give me advice and I can reject it on the basis that I'm not able to put it into practice!

Depends on when you finish!

Karsticles, are you trying to make me feel terrible? <______<

Let's play. You can give me advice and I can reject it on the basis that I'm not able to put it into practice!
We will play soon, but I am still at work right now. I might just collapse with exhaustion when I get home in a bit. I will post in ~30 minutes and let you know if I can play, if you'll still be available.

I'll give lots of good feedback if you want it. I won a fight stick on SRK for giving the best video feedback. :)

Also, I play a ton of fighting games. I have over 1000 hours in UMvC3. Don't feel bad about not winning as often as I do. I've also played Bowser for 95% of my matches, so while folks are going from character to character finding their niche, I've known mine since before the game released (well, Bowser or Palutena, and I ended up disliking her neutral game).

Mumei

We will play soon, but I am still at work right now. I might just collapse with exhaustion when I get home in a bit. I will post in ~30 minutes and let you know if I can play, if you'll still be available.

I'll give lots of good feedback if you want it. I won a fight stick on SRK for giving the best video feedback. :)

Also, I play a ton of fighting games. I have over 1000 hours in UMvC3. Don't feel bad about not winning as often as I do. I've also played Bowser for 95% of my matches, so while folks are going from character to character finding their niche, I've known mine since before the game released (well, Bowser or Palutena, and I ended up disliking her neutral game).

Okay~

Shamrock, I'm sitting in a room and sort of half paying attention the screen while surfing GAF. Feel free to join if you get done soonish.

This is one of those games where different matches feel quite different from each other. I generally don't mind losing at all either, but sometimes there's matches where it just feels off and a lose really sucks, whether the match was close or not. I think it's the way some people play, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

DaBoss

Just don't worry about the record. Use whatever character you want to use.

Or if you want, just use random.

If you don't want to affect your record, you can just use random when playing with friends, though I'm sure they would appreciate you telling them before hand.

Personally, I just use random just so I can play as the whole cast without me favoring one character over another. I just find it fun to use the whole cast of characters that are all (well almost all :p) so different. If you want, we can play some games of both of us using random characters. Could help you find what character you find fun or using random itself could be fun.

Me and Spinosaurus have done it a few times and it was a blast for me and him.

The way you and joe keep dumping on Zelda makes me wonder what I'm doing that you're not and my Zelda isn't even very good: my playstyle with her is ultra-basic and predictable yet she rarely ever loses when I put her out on For Glory :p

The way you and joe keep dumping on Zelda makes me wonder what I'm doing that you're not and my Zelda isn't even very good: my playstyle with her is ultra-basic and predictable yet she rarely ever loses when I put her out on For Glory :p
I wasn't losing a ton, but it was my first experience with her, and I was going about 50/50 with her. I just think I want to play her in a way that she isn't meant to. I want her to be like Elizabeth in P4A. I don't blame Zelda, I blame me.

I wasn't losing a ton, but it was my first experience with her, and I was going about 50/50 with her. I just think I want to play her in a way that she isn't meant to. I want her to be like Elizabeth in P4A. I don't blame Zelda, I blame me.
Fair enough :3
I suspected you might be new to her in some respect when you complained about Dinn's fire. Outside of Project M this is probably the best it's ever been ;P

random25

After a good number of For Glory matches I can say that ZSS reputation for being top tier is a little overblown. In fact, I feel that Samus is much better than ZSS in this game. Samus' speed is just deceptive but with mix-ups of missiles and charged shots, and with her improved smash attacks, I'm finding a harder time beating her than ZSS, which pretty much lacks killing power and can be stopped easily.

Velcro Fly

Will be so glad to play the Wii U version so I can do over B instead of down B and stop fucking killing myself with worthless moves. I love the game but sometimes it controls like absolute shit

Seik

Banned
I'm taking a shower and then I'm doing a couple of games, anyone wanna add me for future battles? (Even if it's not necessarily today)

My friend code is 1633-4587-8111

I thought Shulk would be my main, but after a bit of practice and online matches, I'm way better with my old main, Sonic. :p

Neki

Anyone wanna play? I also need someone to play Megaman against me for practice for the tourney, I've never fought one!

I'm taking a shower and then I'm doing a couple of games, anyone wanna add me for future battles? (Even if it's not necessarily today)

My friend code is 1633-4587-8111

I thought Shulk would be my main, but after a bit of practice and online matches, I'm way better with my old main, Sonic. :p

Anyone wanna play? I also need someone to play Megaman against me for practice for the tourney, I've never fought one!

Okay, you two. Try me? Code in profile.

Top Bottom