• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Well I'm alright with going out on that note.

Great games Pete. It seems like you're better every time I play you. I think I started to get a decent feel for your game plan, but your reactions are kinda crazy.

Thanks for playing!

Hah hah, I would be too. Teleport kills must be satisfying hah hah.

I feel the same way about you, your Shiek is wicked fast and I'm positive I don't have the skill with the thumb pad to do the short-hop, fast fall aerials into another short-hop aerial they way you do.

When people are reading you and adapting to your play style, I always find it interesting to see how they adjust. That's one thing that makes Smash my favorite fighting game is how fluid each other's play styles become.

Anyway, it was fun as always!

Me and a friend are playing now, if anyone wants to hop in for FFAs they're welcome! FC is in my profile!

I actually haven't done any "friend' FFAs, I'd be down for a few if the lag is alright! My FC is: 3110-4300-6721

Cedric

You're playing the same, I'm just adapting to your playstyle, you're forcing me to try new approaches to get in.

My biggest problem is that I can't play for shit outside of Rosalina, but I can't find any effective way to approach you with Rosalina. I'm trying out a bunch of different characters but I just can't seem to find one that's right for me.

Neki

My bad, I was trying to do my "Last game taunt", but since that failed I'll do another one.

The last game was better, you weren't always going for the same jump in attack, you actually stopped behind and in front of me. You just need to be willing to mix up your approaches, or do a lot of empty jumps to get your opponent to react.

Cedric

The last game was better, you weren't always going for the same jump in attack, you actually stopped behind and in front of me. You just need to be willing to mix up your approaches, or do a lot of empty jumps to get your opponent to react.

Thanks, I've never played against someone using your play style... really caught me off guard.

I find it so hard to get to your Link, it reminds me of Anonymous Tipster's Megaman, except Rosalina can down B all of his projectiles whereas Link's bomb just stays right in front of me (and explodes, so I can't just stand there and wait for you to come to me). I'm constantly forced to approach you, but then it becomes so easy for you to punish... Hopefully next time it'll be better. Got a couple of uses out of Rosalina's nair, starting to find it useful.

GGs Neki, play you some other time! deadliest Link I've ever faced.

Weiss

Banned
Something I've noticed, but if you ever start getting some hits in on Little Mac, say juggling them into the air, they always try to counter on the third strike.

SalvaPot

Just saw this screenshot:

0Vsj1hi.jpg

munchie64

Was there some kind of update that made getting custom moves easier? I was just playing through classic and finished both Wario and Mr. Game and Watch by playing through with them.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Sigh...

Having a few close for glory matches, brain getting tired. Decide to call it a night, but want to end on a winning match....

23 matches later, I barely beat the scrubbiest Lucario ever. Below .500 for the first time in a long time.

Going to put this away for a while.

Auskeek

SSB3DS For Glory claims my launch 3DS :/

Time to buy some super glue

Was it worth it?

EDIT: Also I feel the need to announce here that I'm quitting Smash 3DS until my uni exams are over. I've played ~250 matches in For Glory alone and I think I've played for about 30 hours in total now. It stops here...

Looking for a good deal on official gamecube controllers. I want to purchase 5 for smash wii u, anyone know a site that sells them cheap? I don't want to have to pay $30 each for that shit with the smash branded ones coming out...

I also fell for the ebay ones (unbranded) a year ago...never again.

ugoo18

Was it worth it?

EDIT: Also I feel the need to announce here that I'm quitting Smash 3DS until my uni exams are over. I've played ~250 matches in For Glory alone and I think I've played for about 30 hours in total now. It stops here...

Well it ruined my winning streak as well. Took 118 hours of SSB3DS to happen overall.

Potentially a really obvious question... can you only get Smash Run powers in the Smash Run mode?
I haven't paid too much attention to the equipment I've gotten in other modes so haven't noticed yet.

Azure J

I just had the experience of playing this game with a circle pad that works and it completely killed my desire to play this game any further with the 3DS I currently have. The circle pad drifts and locks in place a lot and I never really knew how bad it was until I played with my brother's XL. It really sucks.

Guess I'll just grind out some single player content as best as I can for the Wii U version.

emb

I just had the experience of playing this game with a circle pad that works and it completely killed my desire to play this game any further with the 3DS I currently have. The circle pad drifts and locks in place a lot and I never really knew how bad it was until I played with my brother's XL. It really sucks.

Guess I'll just grind out some single player content as best as I can for the Wii U version.
At that point I'd just get a new 3DS. Even if not for this game.

Want to play in a bit?

Top Bottom