• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

RomanceDawn

Yea sure I'm up for some matches. My FC is 3523 2055 1755. Customs yes/no?

Ggs man. Gotta get ready for work now. Wait til next time though! I was studying my Mandarin lesson at the same time. So be prepared for non distracted me! ;) Great Shulk and Dorf!

DaBoss

I already know my circle pad won't be 100% accurate since mine already broke and is currently super glued back on (XL, so the whole thing broke off and not just the surface pad). I can notice it when inputting down cause it makes a clicking like sound.

And yesterday, I did an hour session of MK8, my hands didn't get cold at all. But 30 min into playing Smash 3DS, my hands started getting cold. Not exactly sure why, but I'm guessing it has to do with how I'm holding it and how the gamepad would be closer to my body.

OT: How the fuck is the netcode in Smash 3DS better than MK8? I know they aren't comparable, but still, it's a joke.

I'm still enjoying it and no way in hell will stop me from playin it, but input errors and just general slowness when playing is frustrating.
Potentially a really obvious question... can you only get Smash Run powers in the Smash Run mode?
I haven't paid too much attention to the equipment I've gotten in other modes so haven't noticed yet.
Yea.

Zyrox

Ggs man. Gotta get ready for work now. Wait til next time though! I was studying my Mandarin lesson at the same time. So be prepared for non distracted me! ;) Great Shulk and Dorf!

Yea ggs. One could tell you weren't quite playing to your full potential, with all those SDs. Still great Kongs though.

EDIT:

Anyone around for some 1v1's?

0662-3016-7663

Yea we can play. FC is 3523 2055 1755. With Custom Moves?

JoeInky

The reduction of Star KO frequency has been annoying me recently.

It should always be a star KO/screen KO if they get sent off the top unless there's not much time left.

It makes connecting with a Jigglypuff rest not as worth it unless it's the last stock due to the fact that they'll be able to respawn and hit you with a smash attack, and you're already not going to risk that on the last stock anyway.

Also the game crashed for the 6th time today (as in 6th time since I've owned it, not 6 times today), feels like this is the buggiest Smash game yet.

Tan

Also the game crashed for the 6th time today (as in 6th time since I've owned it, not 6 times today), feels like this is the buggiest Smash game yet.

Considering all the glitches people have found and posted since release I don't think there's any doubt about this being the buggiest entry.

random25

Goodness...I just got destroyed by a great Shulk player. 0-10. My only win was when we got disconnected lol. That blade range is just tough to get into.

DooD1234

The reduction of Star KO frequency has been annoying me recently.

It should always be a star KO/screen KO if they get sent off the top unless there's not much time left.

It makes connecting with a Jigglypuff rest not as worth it unless it's the last stock due to the fact that they'll be able to respawn and hit you with a smash attack, and you're already not going to risk that on the last stock anyway.

Is yours download? All the stories I heard about smash crashing on them seem to be those who downloaded the game. If that's the case, I'm kind of glad I changed my mind on the last minute and grabbed a physical copy.

JoeInky

Is yours download? All the stories I heard about smash crashing on them seem to be those who downloaded the game. If that's the case, I'm kind of glad I changed my mind on the last minute and grabbed a physical copy.

My downloaded JP copy has actually never crashed whereas my physical EU copy has 6 times now.

Nabster92

gotta go. good (if laggy) games. Your Rosalina is scary. Great Falcon as well.

Yea the lag may be related to my wife streaming some videos downstairs...hopefully next time that's not happening. GG's anyways. Single star bit hitting back Dedede's gordo's and robin's up-b running out of uses are kinda sad.

Also,

Potentially a really obvious question... can you only get Smash Run powers in the Smash Run mode?
I haven't paid too much attention to the equipment I've gotten in other modes so haven't noticed yet.

DaBoss said:

I think you CAN get them in the other modes in the same way as other equipment and custom moves in classic mode, all star mode, and trophy rush, but they're only usable in smash run during the run part of it.

JoeInky

I think this game looks so much better with the outlines turned off.

I'd agree that the game in general looks better without the outlines in the WiiU version (seriously, fuck team battles in the WiiU having outlines, I preferred the outfit colours).

But outlines are definitely needed in the 3DS due to the poor resolution and screen quality imo, I just tried it without outlines and it's really hard to focus on a character at a glance, they just blend in with the rest of the background whereas they pop out more with outlines.

Yeah, the 3DS makes Shulk unplayable. The difference between Side-B and Up-B costs you a match more often than not and it's not worth trying to play him on a system that confuses the two so often.

I really should have listened to myself when I had those concerns from playing it during the summer but I let the hype get to me. Now that the Wii U version's been detailed, I doubt I'll go back to this when that's out.

AdaWong

Yea the lag may be related to my wife streaming some videos downstairs...hopefully next time that's not happening. GG's anyways. Single star bit hitting back Dedede's gordo's and robin's up-b running out of uses are kinda sad.

Also,

I think you CAN get them in the other modes in the same way as other equipment and custom moves in classic mode, all star mode, and trophy rush, but they're only usable in smash run during the run part of it.

Smash Run powers only drop in Smash Run.

Powers == Equipment.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm curious who are interesting enough to give 2 vs 2 a shot? I'm thinking about session for 2 vs 2 tonight but it's not 100% definite that it would happens.

Just want to see if there are people that are willing to team up. I already have my partner ready.

*mumbling they should have invite a friend into your team feature for 2 vs 2 online mode*

Valus

I'm curious who are interesting enough to give 2 vs 2 a shot? I'm thinking about session for 2 vs 2 tonight but it's not 100% definite that it would happens.

Just want to see if there are people that are willing to team up. I already have my partner ready.

*mumbling they should have invite a friend into your team feature for 2 vs 2 online mode*

I have a friend who would prob be down for 2v2s.

On that note, anyone feel like playing?

JoeInky

If it's stock mode with friendly fire on then sure.

I normally use For Glory just to experiment with characters now and I decided to pick up Diddy (Project M main) in this game.

Hoooly hell they don't know how to deal with him.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, that Pikachu and Game & Watch combo needs to be banned ASAP. That shit from Nairo and NAKAT was fucking ridiculous. As the commentator said, that was some SSJ2 DBZ shit right there.

Top Bottom