• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

wariowheelie2cusy.gif

Wheelie edge guards are real
I need to do this more often because whenever I actually do go for it I always get it :lol

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
oh the amount of time you spend just to get a good feel of the entire rooster

so worth it

Sick combos at the end! And I'll turn off the smash ball! Also, probably only have like two more games.

Fuck, I already started the game and forgot to turn it off. -_-

Mumei

Sorry, Karsticles. I have to run a for a bit. I had fun, despite getting my ass kicked in all but two matches that I think you must've been watching a stream during.

Sorry, Karsticles. I have to run a for a bit. I had fun, despite getting my ass kicked in all but two matches that I think you must've been watching a stream during.
GGs. Nah, my focus was always on the matches. I just haven't faced a solid Marth yet, so I had to figure out where my openings were by trial and error. And I like to Bowser Bomb and see how good your timing is (pretty damn good, it turns out!).

Anyway, I think the big thing that stuck out in my mind is how unsafe your aerial game is. Sometimes you would double fair and end up on the ground next to me with landing lag, so I got a free grab. If you faired farther away, I could catch you on the landing sometimes.

I tested it in training mode, and if you hop into fair, there is no landing lag. You can probably space better, and safer, through hops. You still have time to land a f.B after the fair, so if you want to press the offensive before you land, the option is there.

NewGame

Banned
Does anyone know if you can copy/duplicate someones save data for Smash Bros? Like for example if one person has unlocked everything is it possible to copy the data from someone elses SD card and use it on other consoles?

I felt this way about Greninja. It just wasn't as bad because Greninja as a whole is a far better character than Shulk is in actual matches. :lol

Shulk would be a million times better if 1) You had better air control after an Air-Slash and and 2) The backslash fucking grabbed ledges come on Samurai

Beats

zucco doing those retreating short hop neutral airs with Megaman was crazy. I tried doing it in training, but it's pretty hard. :x

Mumei

GGs. Nah, my focus was always on the matches. I just haven't faced a solid Marth yet, so I had to figure out where my openings were by trial and error. And I like to Bowser Bomb and see how good your timing is (pretty damn good, it turns out!).

Anyway, I think the big thing that stuck out in my mind is how unsafe your aerial game is. Sometimes you would double fair and end up on the ground next to me with landing lag, so I got a free grab. If you faired farther away, I could catch you on the landing sometimes.

I tested it in training mode, and if you hop into fair, there is no landing lag. You can probably space better, and safer, through hops. You still have time to land a f.B after the fair, so if you want to press the offensive before you land, the option is there.

Yeah... I don't really know what to do about that. I was pretty sure there was landing lag whether you short-hopped or not, actually. I tend to jump rather than hop for a few reasons: The first is that I often play against characters with projectiles and it feels necessary to do a full jump to get over their projectiles. I know you can short hop over some, but I just don't have the timing down for it and people aren't exactly going to let me practice it on them. And I tend to get shield grabbed against them when I try short hopping and I tend to get away with it (slightly) more when I full hop. I don't know why; maybe I'm spacing the short hops poorly. Or maybe it's my technical issues that are at fault. The second is that even when I intend to short hop, I sometimes don't. I have a tendency to hold buttons after I press them, so tapping it is just completely foreign to how I've been playing games for the last twenty-some years. Relatedly, I have my jumps on X and A, my normal attacks on B and my special attacks on Y. This is as close of an approximation as I can get to how I'd like my control scheme to be on the 3DS, anyway. Anyway, I seem to have trouble making the lateral move from A to B (lol). I tried jump Y before, and I have much more facility with pulling off the short-hopped aerials, but it means that using my special becomes completely counterintuitive.

TL;DR I have lots of technical issues stemming from mediocre button-pressing ability

Azure J

Shulk would be a million times better if 1) You had better air control after an Air-Slash and and 2) The backslash fucking grabbed ledges come on Samurai

My brother mains Shulk and the first time I saw the latter happen I almost felt like I was obligated to give him the win. :lol

Marth's fair autocancels if you do it as soon as you short hop.

Yeah, I've taken to doing this and came surprisingly close to a real Ken Combo a few times. Stupid spike hitbox on Marth's dair is keeping it from being 100% legit now though.

Top Bottom