• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Whelp... giga's shown me that...
a) I still have a metric tonne to learn
b) I still struggle with Mario a lot :s

Good games Giga. Your megaman is unlike any I've faced before and that Robin mirror was intense XD
The megaman vs robin match where I got destroyed gave me some ideas though :3

Sadly it seems I've hit my max recording limit so I'm going to have to sit and chew on the replays for a while :p

Flowmoney

Sorry man, gotta go. Good games! I always like playing people who play a bunch of different characters.

ggs man , that greninja that you have is pretty lethal.

And about all those characters , I was just picking random as I don't really have any character that is to my preferences.

ggs man , that greninja that you have is pretty lethal.

And about all those characters , I was just picking random as I don't really have any character that is to my preferences.
Thanks! He was the first character I picked up, but I've kind held off using him too much because of how annoying it is to use his up B on the 3DS.

How soon is "as soon as"? Is there a video so I can see what I need to be doing?
Basically press forward A (or whichever button is attack) right after you tap the jump button. It takes a little practice to do consistently but it's nothing too difficult. I use Charizard who also has strict timings on autocancelling his aerials but it didn't take a long time for me to get used to it.
Here, I did this (sorry about the quality)
fair4beyt.gif

Falawful

GGs Falawful. My Mii was just in a suicide mode I guess

I guess so haha.

Man that Ness is intense. If I used anyone besides Yoshi against him I'd just embarrass myself lol. I want to learn the matchups with my characters though. Falcon seems to have a hard time with Ness, although that might have to do with me whiffing like ALL of my dash grabs haha.

Anyway yeah GGs! Let's play again in the future for sure.

DooD1234

Omg, just played little Mac in for fun and wow, he so much fun. I just mindlessly smash attack and throw out KO punches like a noob and come out a winner with like 5 or 6 KO. In fact, I'm certain everyone keep rage quitting because the once full room quickly empties out once I get out of the result screen lol.

Alright, so I wanted to wait and pile on the FCs until the early crowd settled a bit. If anyone here is playing a lot, and plans to play a lot until the Wii U release (or even afterward), PM me your FC and let's add each other.

Anyone for some 1v1?

Alright, so I wanted to wait and pile on the FCs until the early crowd settled a bit. If anyone here is playing a lot, and plans to play a lot until the Wii U release (or even afterward), PM me your FC and let's add each other.
I'll definitely be playing until the next Smash comes out! Only thing that held me back from doing the same in Brawl was lack of online, so this time I'm here to stay.

Why doesn't white-haired Zelda have white hair in-game? :p

Anyone for some 1v1?

I'll definitely be playing until the next Smash comes out! Only thing that held me back from doing the same in Brawl was lack of online, so this time I'm here to stay.

I'll play 1v1, no customs. I'll just mess around with some alts. I want to preserve the hype that were those last few Bowser matches.

Haha, sounds good. I'll start a room. You not a fan of customs?
I just don't like swapping between different versions of my characters between For Glory and Friends matches. It messes me up. And Bowser's customs kind of suck. Playing Beats' WFT with customs on ruined my interest in them. Some of those customs are not well-balanced.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Did anyone experience a glitch with pokeball pokemon? My friend took a pokeball and threw it on the stage. Guess what? Nothing came out of it. Just white flash.

Beats

Hmm, only played 30 hours so far according to the game. 20 of those were in online battles with Friends and only 41 minutes in With Anyone. The rest is in solo play time which was mostly grinding for Custom moves. I thought I played a lot more than that, but I guess not lol.

My win ratio online is only 204/410 with Wii Fit Trainer being my most used. Not sure what counts for Online Smash Battles though. The stats page says I only played 410 matches online, but I've used WFT 417 times online according to the Fighter Records.

GGs, man! Your the first Bowser main I've run into, so that was a great learning experience. I clearly need to learn more, as I was not able to get much on you there.

Haha, no idea what happened at the end there. It just...didn't jump.

Edit: that one was my fault though. :p
Are you sure you didn't use the jump at some point? I run into the same situation myself, but I always assume I used the jump previous to getting hit and forgot. Bowser Jr. goes on the list of characters easily gimped by Fire Breath.

Hmm, only played 30 hours so far according to the game. 20 of those were in online battles with Friends and only 41 minutes in With Anyone. The rest is in solo play time which was mostly grinding for Custom moves. I thought I played a lot more than that, but I guess not lol.

My win ratio online is only 204/410 with Wii Fit Trainer being my most used. Not sure what counts for Online Smash Battles though. The stats page says I only played 410 matches online, but I've used WFT 417 times online according to the Fighter Records.
I hit 51 hours today, and I didn't get my challenge completed. No idea why.

GGs, man! Your the first Bowser main I've run into, so that was a great learning experience. I clearly need to learn more, as I was not able to get much on you there.
GGs. I've faced a lot of Bowser Jr., but you and Mumei are the first competent Lucina/Marth mains I've faced. I really had to get used to your aggressive roll play - I've never met someone who just rolls into Bowser all the time!

Every time you used Shield Breaker and broke my shield I said "Oh right, damn it". Haha. Also, I don't get the little Mini Koopa's mechanics. Sometimes I can pick it up, sometimes I can't. Do you know the specifics there? I like to understand why things happen to me.

Are you sure you didn't use the jump at some point? I run into the same situation myself, but I always assume I used the jump previous to getting hit and forgot. Bowser Jr. goes on the list of characters easily gimped by Fire Breath.GGs.
Oh, I was referring to a time I was playing Mario, but I most likely just forgot I had used my jump already.

I've faced a lot of Bowser Jr., but you and Mumei are the first competent Lucina/Marth mains I've faced. I really had to get used to your aggressive roll play - I've never met someone who just rolls into Bowser all the time!

Every time you used Shield Breaker and broke my shield I said "Oh right, damn it". Haha. Also, I don't get the little Mini Koopa's mechanics. Sometimes I can pick it up, sometimes I can't. Do you know the specifics there? I like to understand why things happen to me.
Haha, actually, Mario is my main. I was just sucking with him today. I've been working on Lucina recently and, yeah, I've found being aggressive with her works best for me.

As for the mechakoopas, I'm not sure myself. I think they just have a really sensitive window where you can grab them. Haven't used him enough to be sure yet.

Oh, I was referring to a time I was playing Mario, but I most likely just forgot I had used my jump already.

Haha, actually, Mario is my main. I was just sucking with him today. I've been working on Lucina recently and, yeah, I've found being aggressive with her works best for me.

As for the mechakoopas, I'm not sure myself. I think they just have a really sensitive window where you can grab them. Haven't used him enough to be sure yet.
It can't just be a window, because there was one time where I grabbed the mecha koopa after it had been running for ~5 seconds. I wish we could record the AI doing things in training mode so this stuff can get demystified.

I know Mario is your main. I read your posts. :)

Top Bottom