• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Diddy is stupid in this game. He's got everything. Great damage output. Great mobility. Fantastic set of normals. Great specials. Amazing combo ability. Great range. (like the hell?) Frame traps up the butt. Like a good recovery is about the one thing he lacks imo.

Good thing he doesn't have his brawl bananas.

Noirulus

Okay, I really need to fucking vent right now.

I HATE people that use Link. Fuck all of you. You never fucking approach, and all you asswipes do is Spam boomerang + bomb + Arrow waiting for me to approach. And what happens when I get past their torrent of projectiles? I get grabbed or up-smashed. And were you to somehow approach them, they just roll away to the other fucking side of the stage.

I sincerely wish misery upon all the dickheads that fit the above description. Go to hell.

/rant

Neki

I HATE people that use Link. Fuck all of you. You never fucking approach, and all you asswipes do is Spam boomerang + bomb + Arrow waiting for me to approach. And what happens when I get past their torrent of projectiles? I get grabbed or up-smashed. And were you to somehow approach them, they just roll away to the other fucking side of the stage.

I sincerely wish misery upon all the dickheads that fit the above description. Go to hell.

/rant

Feel free to sit there without approaching them then. :p

random25

/rant

Wait till you see Toon Link lol

Noirulus

Feel free to sit there without approaching them then. :p

You underestimate the range of Link's arrows, sir. All the shithead has to do is move about 20% into the stage and I have nowhere to go.

And this is why we need more than FD in For Glory. There should be a 50% chance of getting either battlefield or FDs.

Wait till you see Toon Link lol

I've generally found that Toon Link players tend to have at least a semblance of humanity left in them. They'll actually approach sometimes and give you a decent game.

I wish Wario had a kill throw like in Brawl.

:( :( :(

And a quick way to dismount the bike.
might be too good though since bike throwing is ridiculous

Mistle

I don't understand how people even get enjoyment by playing the game like that. You may win, so what. Sounds boring as hell for both parties involved. Maybe I just don't have that competitive bone in me where winning IS the fun, no matter how it's achieved.

I play Link kind of regularly, and never do that. I get in there and have fun.

FSLink

Banned
I don't understand how people even get enjoyment by playing the game like that. You may win, so what. Sounds boring as hell for both parties involved. Maybe I just don't have that competitive bone in me where winning IS the fun, no matter how it's achieved.

It's a legitimate strategy, it doesn't have to be the most fun. I do find it fun to slowly rack up percent with a projectile user and get the opponent to make mistakes so I can land smash attacks to kill. Plus Link isn't really meant to be a rush down character.

Though I do think it can be really obnoxious especially in lag and FD being the only option in For Glory.

/rant

We got another one.
I'm with you. It's never a fun matchup at all. Almost as bad as finding a Little Mac player online.

It's a legitimate strategy, it doesn't have to be the most fun. I do find it fun to slowly rack up percent with a projectile user and get the opponent to make mistakes so I can land smash attacks to kill. Plus Link isn't really meant to be a rush down character.

Though I do think it can be really obnoxious especially in lag and FD being the only option in For Glory.
I hate playing keepaway in this game, since there's no chip damage. I throw Din's Fire out, sweetspot it, and...nothing. Blocked without repercussion.

I wholeheartedly agree. I understand that it's effective, but I just don't see how it's really that...fun. This means, increasingly, that my For Glory sessions result more in frustration than anything else, because I am so resistant to playing in the defensive sort of way that seems to be so effective.

...I guess I should play more For Fun, huh? O:)

Neki

I hate playing keepaway in this game, since there's no chip damage. I throw Din's Fire out, sweetspot it, and...nothing. Blocked without repercussion.

I can't imagine how much angrier people would be if chip existed in this game. Or a character that could infinitely spam fireballs from all directions, on both sides of you, at the same time! ;)

I can't imagine how much angrier people would be if chip existed in this game. Or a character that could infinitely spam fireballs from all directions, on both sides of you, at the same time! ;)
Well, I would be happier, since I would consider maining Zelda. :p

emb

Sometimes in Melee, if I know I'm better enough than my opponent to keep away safely, I'll try to time people out. Most of the time they kill themselves before the clock is out. Still, it's fun to be obnoxious.

In this game if the opponent's character can't out camp me, and doesn't want to approach, I'll happily spam needles all day.

But I tend to agree that it is frustrating to play against Link. Whenever I do get in, I usually get jabbed. And then they start mixing it up with grab. Then I start spot dodging to avoid the grab and get caught in the jab. :( The really frustrating part isn't the play style though, but the fact that I'm losing to Link. The past three games have taught me that Link is a joke character and I should feel terrible if I lose to him. I think he's significantly better now, but it's hard to break that mental connection.
We got another one.
I'm with you. It's never a fun matchup at all. Almost as bad as finding a Little Mac player online.
Little Mac is actually one of my favorite matchups to come across. It always feels so dynamic. He destroys everything on stage, but his percent practically doesn't matter. You can get a gimp on him almost any time. So you get to see it swing back and forth between Mac dominating and the opposite happening. There's practically no such thing as a lead in matches with Little Mac.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Got everyone to a semi-decent score in Target Blast.
0 new hats
Gotta say though, the 70% of people that play it, many of them must have played it to death, getting those perfect scores. Definitely my worst GSP.

FSLink

Banned

I don't really see Zelda as a keepaway character though. She has great footsies (tilt moves) up close, and Din's Fire is just a way to rack up some quick damage especially if they are in the air and they badly air dodge, or to make them advance towards you so you can start using her great normals.

"Chip damage" in Smash is more like damage to their shield. Like with Megaman I like zoning with Crash Bomber + fsmash, and it can eat their shield pretty quickly. This makes it so I can get in and use his great tilt moves much easier since people tend to make more mistakes when their shield's almost gone.

I don't really see Zelda as a keepaway character though. She has great footsies (tilt moves) up close, and Din's Fire is just a way to rack up some quick damage especially if they are in the air and they badly air dodge, or to make them advance towards you so you can start using her great normals.

"Chip damage" in Smash is more like damage to their shield. Like with Megaman I like zoning with Crash Bomber + fsmash, and it can eat their shield pretty quickly. This makes it so I can get in and use his great tilt moves much easier since people tend to make more mistakes when their shield's almost gone.
She isn't really keepaway, but with her neutral B, down B, and side B, she has the makings of a great spacing character. Similar to Elizabeth in P4A. Unfortunately, down B is easy to get through and has tremendous recovery, and shields > side B. It's more of an "I wish it were this way" thought than a "it should be this way".

FSLink

Banned
She isn't really keepaway, but with her neutral B, down B, and side B, she has the makings of a great spacing character. Similar to Elizabeth in P4A. Unfortunately, down B is easy to get through and has tremendous recovery, and shields > side B. It's more of an "I wish it were this way" thought than a "it should be this way".

Yeah. Down B seems better as an edge guard tool than anything else.

Top Bottom