• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Falawful

Suppose I'll play in the tourney. Although I'm bad with Rosalina and whoever ISN'T bad with Rosalina is going to win. Spoiler alert there.

Also according to the trophy description in this game, Sheik is a man

I can I guess

Follow the link below!

my fc in profile

Same for you!

Batty you're supposed to direct them to the thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=916081

Don't tell me what to do!

Suppose I'll play in the tourney. Although I'm bad with Rosalina and whoever ISN'T bad with Rosalina is going to win. Spoiler alert there.

Also according to the trophy description in this game, Sheik is a man

Follow the link above. C:

Lets not start that war.

Jrs3000

ok batty I see I'm on the sub list, who am I going against and when?

dev I'll play, fc in profile.
EDIT: nm I was a minute late

k_hop

Okay, I really need to fucking vent right now.

I HATE people that use Link. Fuck all of you. You never fucking approach, and all you asswipes do is Spam boomerang + bomb + Arrow waiting for me to approach. And what happens when I get past their torrent of projectiles? I get grabbed or up-smashed. And were you to somehow approach them, they just roll away to the other fucking side of the stage.

I sincerely wish misery upon all the dickheads that fit the above description. Go to hell.

/rant

Shield a lot during your approach, take to the air, bait the anti-air, punish

But honestly if you're getting caught by Link's awful grab then that's your fault

Just for the sake of curiosity I logged on to for glory to see what kind of players it'd put me up against and sure enough... it seems at this time in the morning (7am for me) it matches me almost exclusively against japanese people :p

k_hop

Just for the sake of curiosity I logged on to for glory to see what kind of players it'd put me up against and sure enough... it seems at this time in the morning (7am for me) it matches me almost exclusively against japanese people :p

As a big nightowl, I find myself matched with Japanese players fairly often, like 3 AM - 9 AM (est).

Weird thing I've noticed about Japanese players is that they're either ungodly good or *really* bad. Like, no in-between.

Moonlight

Banned
I wish training against Level 9s were remotely useful an activity. I can't say my Palutena benefited from a single match-up with the CPU Little Mac at all. They keep doing stupid shit no one would do in an actual match like random up-airs or in Mac's case, B-spam (admittedly that is a dumb thing that a lot of For Glory people do). Even if they just spammed Dash attack or Counter all day, I feel like I'd be gaining more out of it.

Ugh. I might get Amiibo just for a training partner that if not at least half-way intelligent, I can at least teach patterns that might actually benefit me in a real context.

Masked Man

I said wow
As a big nightowl, I find myself matched with Japanese players fairly often, like 3 AM - 9 AM (est).

Weird thing I've noticed about Japanese players is that they're either ungodly good or *really* bad. Like, no in-between.

Yeah, that's been my experience, too. I either get really ridiculously good players or total noobs. D:

I wish training against Level 9s were remotely useful an activity. I can't say my Palutena benefited from a single match-up with the CPU Little Mac at all. They keep doing stupid shit no one would do in an actual match like random up-airs or in Mac's case, B-spam (admittedly that is a dumb thing that a lot of For Glory people do). Even if they just spammed Dash attack or Counter all day, I feel like I'd be gaining more out of it.

Ugh. I might get Amiibo just for a training partner that if not at least half-way intelligent, I can at least teach patterns that might actually benefit me in a real context.

To be honest, to make the CPU more useful for training, it's best to use them under the context of a personal challenge. For example, go into training, set the CPU to level 9 then set their behaviour to run to practice punishing rolls and other various dodges. Or set them to attack and see how long you can go without getting hit, focusing purely on evasion and blocking, etc :p

If you want mindgames, there's no substitute for regular practice with a group of regular players. For Glory is better than CPU for that, but it's too mixed to really be anywhere near ideal :3

Moonlight

Banned
To be honest, to make the CPU more useful for training, it's best to use them under the context of a personal challenge. For example, go into training, set the CPU to level 9 then set their behaviour to run to practice punishing rolls and other various dodges. Or set them to attack and see how long you can go without getting hit, focusing purely on evasion and blocking, etc :p

If you want mindgames, there's no substitute for regular practice with a group of regular players. For Glory is better than CPU for that, but it's too mixed to really be anywhere near ideal :3
...that is a really good suggestion. I need to work on my fundamentals, anyways. Maybe I'll have something to try on bus rides now, haha.

FluxWaveZ

I wish the Training mode had the option to speed time up instead of just slowing it down. It's something I always seek in these games, yet it's practically never there.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
More For Glory, featuring some ZSS practice.

Doing better now, opponents aren't as good as the ones I played earlier. Started against a Link player that I feel like I should have done better against. Lost the first couple but then won the next 3 progressively more easily and he quit. Then a Japanese Bowser Jr player that spammed a side b, up b combo. Beat him the first time and he quit. Then I played a Falcon and had a good game, I won and he quit.

Why people gotta quit :(

And now, comm errors everywhere. Wonderful.

k_hop

I wish the Training mode had the option to speed time up instead of just slowing it down. It's something I always seek in these games, yet it's practically never there.

Doubt the 3DS could handle any framerates much higher than what the game already runs at. It already can't even let you pull up Miiverse while the game is running.

Life cycle of the average For Glory opponent:

1. Pick main.

2. Lose.

3. Switch to Little Mac.

4. Lose.

5. Quit.

Ha, I've run into that quite a bit. I tend to use a lot of different characters. It makes it a lot more satisfying to win even if I'm basically trading off victories with someone. I was playing against a pretty good Diddy Kong earlier and he would win roughly every other match, but he used Diddy almost every time. Meanwhile I had used Bowser, Sonic, Sheik, Little Mac, Captain Falcon, Greninja, and Donkey Kong against him.

Sometimes you can tell when you're having a psychological effect on the player. I was up against a pretty good Little Mac who beat me twice, so I decided to use Little Mac as well against him. At this point he was pretty confident that he was a better fighter than I was, but he whiffed his OHKO move and I landed mine immediately after. He played every match thereafter so much more defensively that it seemed like a different person was playing, and it hurt his game enough that he had a string of losses until he just gave up.

FUCK Rosalina, what a disgusting character.

Perhaps I've just never fought a good one, or perhaps it's because I have a pocket Rosalina myself so I actually know how she works, but I've never had any real trouble with Roz in any match :p

The Trick is...
a) Luma only has 2 final positions: with Rosalina, or at a set distance in front of her. If Luma is not attached to Roz and the player doesn't input any attacks or specials that trigger Luma, then luma will retreat to a point a set distance from Rosalina, in the direction she's facing. Once you realise this, it's a simple case of getting past her star to that space between them where Luma can't interfere without being called back (which requires Roz to do an animation, leaving her wide open)
b) Luma does most of the Knockback, Rosalina does most of the percentage. While either can knock you out once you get into the 200%s or higher, Rosa's personal KO options below that huge amount are few and far between: she relies on Luma's much higher knockback to send you to the blast zone normally. On the flipside, Luma doesn't inflict as much % damage as Roz does, so when it comes to building up the damage, it's Roz you need to look out for.

hope that helps in some way :3

CassSept

This sounds weird, but did anyone have Smash kill their connection? As in, when I go online in Smash the Internet on my PC grinds to a halt. The hell. Is that even possible?

Masked Man

I said wow
Had a mini-tournament with some people from work today, and I just barely managed to scrape by and seize victory. ZSS is such a frustrating matchup for Mac.
LLShC.gif

Top Bottom