• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Jrs3000

Any good Greninja videos? I'm having difficulty with matchups against keepaway characters like Zelda, Samus and Lucario. The latter two can get into a rhythm with the charge shots that devastates me after I've been dominating them earlier on in the match. I find it hard to adjust when they kill my momentum.

I use greninja alot. Make use of B, side B, and down B alot. Use the water star often to try and break their flow, if you can anticipate a hit coming then use down .

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I use greninja alot. Make use of B, side B, and down B alot. Use the water star often to try and break their flow, if you can anticipate a hit coming then use down .

I rarely use the counter again because you really have to use it way in advance of something hitting you it seems and even then you're not guaranteed the hit. The shuriken is my main tool against it so far and shadow sneak can indeed get through a wall of projectiles. I mostly have trouble when I get thrown far off the stage and they have all the time in the world to get a fully charge again and use that as I'm returning to the stage.

Jrs3000

I rarely use the counter again because you really have to use it way in advance of something hitting you it seems and even then you're not guaranteed the hit. The shuriken is my main tool against it so far and shadow sneak can indeed get through a wall of projectiles. I mostly have trouble when I get thrown far off the stage and they have all the time in the world to get a fully charge again and use that as I'm returning to the stage.

Oh returning after getting knocked. Do Up+B then, you get to spurts so aim one to sending you up enough over the ring and the other at a down angle towards it. If they are waiting and charging you'll avoid it. Up for some matches? You can see my greninja.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Oh returning after getting knocked. Do Up+B then, you get to spurts so aim one to sending you up enough over the ring and the other at a down angle towards it. If they are waiting and charging you'll avoid it. Up for some matches? You can see my greninja.

Was about to go to bed, but I can squeeze in a few I guess.

5386-8368-7158.

Black Yellow Peach and Rosalina are seriously the best colors.

I have yet to use any of the other colors (including the default) because they look that beautiful.

Saro

So what is everyone's view on the rule set I myself play with 3 stock 8 minutes but, I see many people playing with 2 stock 5 minutes.I prefer 3 stock because it feels like just enough time and loves for a good set of matches while 2 stock is very short for me. I want to know Gaf's opinion on this one as I've seen many tournaments go 2 stock.

Man, offensive rolling pisses me off. I just went 50/50 against a Marth that would offensive roll constantly, recover behind me, and throw before I could do anything. So annoying. -_-

As a Lucario player who basically never loses to Greninjas, that's all pretty bad advice. The down b is a terrible counter (just block and aura sphere), side B is really vulnerable to aura spheres, B gets beat by aura spheres after you're above like 70%, and to beat that up B tactic you just have to get the timing right and Lucario super kills you with aura sphere.

Aura sphere!

I would say that the Greninja's who I actually have trouble with basically never use special moves, instead focusing on aerials and cleverly times Smash attacks.

Beats me. I rarely encounter Olimar or Alph when I play online, and I wouldn't mind facing off against a decent player that knows how to handle them.
And I don't even know how to! Lol I just tried using him today, and had tons of one-and-dones.

random25

I meet a pretty good number of Olimars and Alphs. Must be a region thing.

My rarest encounter is Meta Knight. Only met like 3 different people using him on FG.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, that was my final game. Ended up playing way longer than anticipated because it was fun. Cool matches, probably better usage of Shadow Sneak than my Greninja, but you probably need to work on your grab game. It's a very potent way to keep harassing your opponent, especially since the shurikens often give you a great entry point. Shame about the input errors.

Jrs3000

Good games Nils. Nothing like fighting someone who uses the same guy as you. I picked up some stuff from our battles

Alright, that was my final game. Ended up playing way longer than anticipated because it was fun. Cool matches, probably better usage of Shadow Sneak than my Greninja, but you probably need to work on your grab game. It's a very potent way to keep harassing your opponent, especially since the shurikens often give you a great entry point. Shame about the input errors.

Yeah, I never did think about that combo with the grab but I'll start doing that for the easy hits. Dam the input errors lol. Your recovery wasn't bad just change your trajectory with up+b to avoid being hit.

Any specific weaknesses you could pick up?

Ehhh mix your moves up a lil. At a certain point I anticipated what you'd do and could match it. That match where I was 127%ish on 1 stock and came back for the win was where I figured out your set and managed to not do any errors on my own side lol.

I meet a pretty good number of Olimars and Alphs. Must be a region thing.

My rarest encounter is Meta Knight. Only met like 3 different people using him on FG.
Really? That's interesting. I've barely seen any Meta Knights either, but I don't know if he's the rarest. Maybe Pit? Luigi? Game and Watch?

I think people might be quitting because when you almost lose to Alph, you realize it's probably time to take a break.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Good games Nils. Nothing like fighting someone who uses the same guy as you. I picked up some stuff from our battles

Yeah, I never did think about that combo with the grab but I'll start doing that for the easy hits. Dam the input errors lol. Your recovery wasn't bad just change your trajectory with up+b to avoid being hit.

Hmm, I did steer into your up smash a few times. Probably need to start doing the side b to close to the ledge then the up b, but while that's safer the circle pad doesn't give you much leeway if you mess up even a tiny bit. Happened a few times when I tried stuff with the side b. Wanted to land it on the stage but ended up below it and screwing myself over.

I did notice you were adapting to my style near the end.

Jrs3000

As a Lucario player who basically never loses to Greninjas, that's all pretty bad advice. The down b is a terrible counter (just block and aura sphere), side B is really vulnerable to aura spheres, B gets beat by aura spheres after you're above like 70%, and to beat that up B tactic you just have to get the timing right and Lucario super kills you with aura sphere.

Aura sphere!

I would say that the Greninja's who I actually have trouble with basically never use special moves, instead focusing on aerials and cleverly times Smash attacks.

And I don't even know how to! Lol I just tried using him today, and had tons of one-and-dones.

So basically a new character is needed lol? Let me fight your lucario.

Nils I edited my orignal with your weaknesses i saw.

Jrs3000

Okay! I might use some other characters if you don't mind :)

You weren't lying, those up bs are pretty nasty. It's terrifying haha

That's cool, I'll do the same. I'm messing up with greninja too much ill give him a rest for a few.

Sorry if there's pauses, im at work lol.

That's cool, I'll do the same. I'm messing up with greninja too much ill give him a rest for a few.

Sorry if there's pauses, im at work lol.
That's fine! Also, apparently Yoshi's island is lag city lol.

Also, this is gonna be my last one, but good games! You're really good!

Top Bottom