• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Falco has the same attacks as Brawl except for changes to his down air and up smash, but he feels off. Not nearly as agile as in Brawl, and a completely different character than in Melee. Probably they were trying to change how he plays a bit, but nobody is playing him right now so it's hard to tell what his strengths are.

I've been trying to play Charizard, but it feels like he lacks reach for a heavy character. And his recovery on hitting the ground is an eternity.

Sora_N

Charizard attacks are pretty fast and he has Rock Smash which can be useful, I haven't used him extensively but he's fun to play lol.

How are your circle pads holding up guys? My friend randomly messaged me saying that it's a big issue with this game or something?

I have an OG 3DS and I haven't had any issues, had my system since 2011 Dec and played it a lot since then.

kewlmyc

Goddamn, Peach is wrecking me. I can't even beat the Lv.9 CPU Peach. Can stay in air a really long time, great mobility, surprisingly powerful KO moves, and her freaking counter that somehow hits me even when I'm underneath her. This is pretty much my first Smash game, so I have zero idea how to deal with her. Even when I'm close to KOing her she just stays in the air for 10 seconds or so the goes to the opposite end of the arena.

Does anyone have any tips for fighting against Peach and Lv.9 CPUs in general. Seems every time I go for a grab, they roll then smash me, but when they try to grab or Smash me and I roll out of the way, my smash never seems to come out in time and they're able to block it or dodge..

Goddamn, Peach is wrecking me. I can't even beat the Lv.9 CPU Peach. Can stay in air a really long time, great mobility, surprisingly powerful KO moves, and her freaking counter that somehow hits me even when I'm underneath her. This is pretty much my first Smash game, so I have zero idea how to deal with her. Even when I'm close to KOing her she just stays in the air for 10 seconds or so the goes to the opposite end of the arena.

Does anyone have any tips for fighting against Peach and Lv.9 CPUs in general. Seems every time I go for a grab, they roll then smash me, but when they try to grab or Smash me and I roll out of the way, my smash never seems to come out in time and they're able to block it or dodge..
Play against people instead. The AI has psychic counters.

Donkey Kong's dash attack is throwing me off because I expect it to go as far as in DKCR, and it doesn't. Pretty silly.

And my circle pad is fine. Maybe I'm lucky, play less, or just something about the way I use the circle pad. I've been pretty careful with DS's, since they all feel a little flimsy compared to the GBA.

don't fight level 9 CPUs, they have extremely obvious patterns but also superhuman reaction times

also Peach has a counter?

Lots of weird stuff happens in For Glory. Like after a couple games people might just start standing around and walking back and forth. Sometimes it's hard to tell when something is screwing around or if they disconnected and the CPU has taken over.

I thought Rosaluma was a bad matchup for Wario but the more I think about it, the more I think he actually has more options against her than most characters, and he's the best at getting rid of Luma. Luma is VERY vulnerable to the bike, and since it has a hitbox even after he gets off it, meaning he can just spam it as a pseudo projectile, forcing Rosalina to commit to approach. Wario actually has a throw that can damage Luma, so that's an option if she does try to approach. Also if Luma is near the edge then one bike and it's gone. Best part though? Gravitational Pull is useless against the bike. Once Luma is out, there really isn't much Rosalina can do. Wario has insane damage output and with how light Rosa is he can reliably kill her...plus she's veeeery weak to Chomp without Luma lol.

I think it's even at best but I'd still say the matchup might be more in Rosalina's favor because Luma can just wreck Wario's gameplan hard.

kewlmyc

Play against people instead. The AI has psychic counters.

don't fight level 9 CPUs, they have extremely obvious patterns but also superhuman reaction times

also Peach has a counter?

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'll just do Smash Run or Classic when I'm in a place with no internet access.

And yeah, it might not technically be a counter, but Peach's Toad attack might as well be one.

Cranzor

Good games! Great Wario. I haven't really played against him before so it was great to see a good one. Lots of bike! Haha.

Also, I love the idea of a last game taunt. I replied with a taunt, but unfortunately I had forgot what mine said. :p

DaBoss

The starting countdown makes it impossible to see Sonic at the beginning on stages with basically no stage elements in the foreground.

Revven

Is it me or is the shield/evading mechanic op? I can't get a good hit on other characters online

Rolling is the safest its ever been. You need to predict/read their rolls, get used to the vulnerability frames (which is really small in this game compared to the previous entries) and know what your character's quickest options are to punish the rolls on reaction and/or cover where they're (generally) going.

Sometimes the best option with any character on someone who uses rolling a lot (either rolling behind you or rolling all around you) is to down smash and you'll more than likely catch them on their vulnerability frames.

It's not OP in the slightest BUT it's really fucking good for almost no reason at all. Rolling used to be something you would want to use in the right moments because it would be a commitment that could be read or punished if the other player expected it. Now it's so safe that at times it can be really hard to punish even if you read it properly (partially due to online latency and partially due to its natural quickness in general).

Hope that helps you.

What's the general consensus on Ganondorf?

He's still bad, even with his custom moves (the good ones, like the dive kick-like down B and the stronger Up B). He won't be a good character in the long-run as he still has many of the same traits that made him unviable in Brawl.

You know, some people like to roll. A lot. You beat them by knowing that they will roll, and responding appropriately. If you are dashing toward them, don't attack when you are in range. Wait for the roll, and just keep dashing. Hit them when they finish the roll.

Mostly the same (though DAir nerf sucks) but the new mechanics helps him a LOT.

I think he's being slept on, honestly. If his DACUS ends up being as good as we think it is (a really powerful approach that is really safe? on ganon? holy shit) then he'll end up way better than people would think.

Good games! Great Wario. I haven't really played against him before so it was great to see a good one. Lots of bike! Haha.

Also, I love the idea of a last game taunt. I replied with a taunt, but unfortunately I had forgot what mine said. :p
Ness is just one of those characters where bike spacing is just crucial. :lol

OceanBlue

Just started playing this game online yesterday and I think I'm 3-4/20 or something like that :(. I have no idea how to move around in this game or punish anything.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
You know, some people like to roll. A lot. You beat them by knowing that they will roll, and responding appropriately. If you are dashing toward them, don't attack when you are in range. Wait for the roll, and just keep dashing. Hit them when they finish the roll.

Yup and the best part is they never learn lol

I've seen quite a few Ganondorf players. Mostly they just try to land Side Special or charged Smash attacks against someone who is in a bad position from fighting someone else. I.E. Ness is fighting Lucario, so Ganondorf will stand behind Ness facing the same way and wait for Lucario to knock him back into Ganondorf's charge attack.

Top Bottom