• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Forkball

I swear there are some of the dumbest people in For Fun. KEEP PUNCHING ME WHILE THE PERSON IN THE LEAD ATTACKS THE SMASH BALL UNCONTESTED

Stylo

I swear there are some of the dumbest people in For Fun. KEEP PUNCHING ME WHILE THE PERSON IN THE LEAD ATTACKS THE SMASH BALL UNCONTESTED

One time, there was this Little Mac that kept waiting on the sidelines and lets us fight. He would then proceed to steal kills and won 5 games in a row. I started to chase after him to force him to fight. I figured the other players would realize this and chase along...BUT they didn't. Instead, they kept attacking me while the Mac player just kept running away unharmed and taunting. That experience alone was more frustrating than anything I have encountered in For Glory.

Fiktion

Banned
One time, there was this Little Mac that kept waiting on the sidelines and lets us fight. He would then proceed to steal kills and won 5 games in a row. I started to chase after him to force him to fight. I figured the other players would realize this and chase along...BUT they didn't. Instead, they kept attacking me while the Mac player just kept running away unharmed and taunting. That experience alone was more frustrating than anything I have encountered in For Glory.

They're just trying to have fun.

emb

I've actually never tried any of For Fun. Or the Smash and Teams options under For Glory.

If I'm going to play the modes I enjoy less, it'll be because I'm in the room with another person, laughing at the shenanigans. Playing it online doesn't feel much different than playing CPUs. All sorts of annoying things are just happening to me that I don't like, but with no one there to get fun out of it.

JoeInky

I'd play more 2v2 for glory if it didn't have so many problems, I think Smash 4 is a better team game than for 1v1s anyway (When you take Mr. bad game design out of the equation, anyway).

Shitty ruleset, lag and a high possibility of being on a team with someone completely hopeless, keeps me well away from that mode.

Mr Swine

Banned

Oh wow, that must have been the same player I meet a week ago, but he was playing as Captain Falcon and was waiting till everyone had high damage and went in for the killing. I managed to get him a few times :}

k_hop

The only time I ever ragequit this game was actually in a FFA. Dude was Pac Man and just camped the edge while me and another dude actually fought, throwing out fire hydrants once in a while just to steal our kills until it boiled down to a 1v1 with him with all his stocks because he didn't engage anybody. Got to about the third match of that and I just went "no" and closed my 3DS.

JoeInky

I still have no idea what Ness is doing here:

screen-4.jpg

That's not an animation in the 3DS version right? Nothing in his moveset has him pointing like that, that I can find anyway.

E: Oh it's his DTaunt, he just doesn't point on the 3DS version.

jrDev

So I was fighting a For Glory match today and the person was using Wario. Everytime I knock the person away and they are coming back midair, Wario does a weird float away movement. At one point it happened that he float up off the stage when coming back...anyone seen this before? Glitch or just Wario specific?

Wierd glitch that was found, if you use Rosalinas Gravitational Pull on Duck Hunts Clay Pidgeon while it's being shot at, it will become stuck in the air, and Duck Hunt will not be able to use another Clay Pidgeon or the Can at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dspF-Bpx4gc
Eerily similar to a glitch in Brawl which was something like if Snake gets grabbed during his recovery move he won't be able to use it for the rest of the match.

So I was fighting a For Glory match today and the person was using Wario. Everytime I knock the person away and they are coming back midair, Wario does a weird float away movement. At one point it happened that he float up off the stage when coming back...anyone seen this before? Glitch or just Wario specific?
It is known of and does appear to Wario specific. Wario can even kill himself with it too (as in was hit to the side but flies off the top of the stage, in the opposite direction).

PK Gaming

I still have no idea what Ness is doing here:

screen-4.jpg

That's not an animation in the 3DS version right? Nothing in his moveset has him pointing like that, that I can find anyway.

E: Oh it's his DTaunt, he just doesn't point on the 3DS version.

It's his assist trophy animation

Wario-specific glitch.

SoulUnison

Banned
being opportunistic in the mode that doesn't even record wins and losses smh

Yeah, For Fun is anything goes.
Nothing gets recorded, so you just do what feels funny.

Love to pick heavy-weight characters in For Fun and just running around doing fully charged smashes and laughing when someone gets knocked into one for a kill.

Run up to 2 people having a slap fight and slam them off the screen with Ike's sword. So satisfying.

k_hop

GGs man. I know you like Link's customs. If you want them on next time feel free to do it.

No I need to get better without them

GGs is a lie though those games were terrible

I can't survive gimping for the fucking life of me and I have no idea how to circumvent Ness' ground speed and aerials to establish stage control

No I need to get better without them

GGs is a lie though those games were terrible

I can't survive gimping for the fucking life of me and I have no idea how to circumvent Ness' ground speed and aerials to establish stage control

Well, I think you need to use your bombs more on stage. Also, you like going to the edge of the stage to do your projectiles. Focus on a strategy that keeps you closer to the center of the stage. The simple truth is if you get knocked off the stage by Ness, there isn't much you can do, so take all precautions to make sure that doesn't happen, and if you can, recover high.

Top Bottom