• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I decided to repost it here from other thread. I decided to included some pro tips on farming/grinding

I would like to think so. That's why I thought it was easy to get custom moves after you are done with all stars and classic with all characters challenges because it could potentially help you to get good amount of custom moves.

Once you are done with both, then focusing on getting all smash run power up with characters. Once you are done with getting all custom moves with one character, then changing it to other character.

Make sure that you would give your characters, LV 4 Spinning Blades + Super Armors (or Brief Invincible) It would make it easier for you to kill a lot of hard opponents for good drops.

Once you are done with Smash Run Items, then move to Classic. Try your best to get custom moves for your characters.

I really recommended 7.5 Classic Mode because it would give you good amount of coins, good chance to get good numbers of custom moves and you can fight master hand only instead of master core.

You really need a lot of coins to get all trophies and Mii headgears. Trophy Rush is best way for that. If you feel like you need a break from Classic Mode, then you can use characters for Trophy Rush since you could get some custom moves awhile you were trying to get Mii Headgears and Trophies.

Target Blast is potentially good for custom moves if you felt that you are burnt out with other modes. I felt that Target Blast is pretty good with new moves and items. If you don't have wrench ball out there, then kept restart the game until you see wrench ball. It could be good way to get things that you need. I heard reports that some people found their headgears faster with Target Blast only.

I might forget something but I will edit later when I'm not tired.

Revven

LMAO are you kidding me? Had some really close games with this guy on For Glory named Rees and on the last game (it's essentially a Bo3, I lost the first, I won the second) right when I KO'd him on his last stock (the explosion was JUST coming out) the guy disconnected -- I literally made him rage quit RIGHT at the end. ROFL.

I mean, it's not like you're even avoiding the loss, you still get the loss on your record so why the RQ? You're going to be unable to play for ten minutes on top of that, it's not worth it.

Just hilarious to me. I read him so hard on the third game. Oh and he picked Mario on the third game thinking Dthrow > Utilt ad nauseum would counter my DK. I two stocked him, though. And he also had some competency with the fireballs but other than that he rolled quite a lot as well and didn't seem to be making any good reads on me at all. He tried to make a good read when I was on the ledge, he was charging an Fsmash thinking I would roll but I didn't, instead I stayed there and grabbed him to Uthrow him and bait out his air dodges or Dairs and get some damage with Uair.

Just... so hilarious. I love making people rage quit, it makes me feel like that I got them SO mad that they had to quit instead of taking the loss and then leaving the room to find someone else to play.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Rage quits just aren't the same without being able to receive a message right after and know you're about to read salty gold.

LMAO are you kidding me? Had some really close games with this guy on For Glory named Rees and on the last game (it's essentially a Bo3, I lost the first, I won the second) right when I KO'd him on his last stock (the explosion was JUST coming out) the guy disconnected -- I literally made him rage quit RIGHT at the end. ROFL.

I mean, it's not like you're even avoiding the loss, you still get the loss on your record so why the RQ? You're going to be unable to play for ten minutes on top of that, it's not worth it.

Just hilarious to me. I read him so hard on the third game. Oh and he picked Mario on the third game thinking Dthrow > Utilt ad nauseum would counter my DK. I two stocked him, though. And he also had some competency with the fireballs but other than that he rolled quite a lot as well and didn't seem to be making any good reads on me at all. He tried to make a good read when I was on the ledge, he was charging an Fsmash thinking I would roll but I didn't, instead I stayed there and grabbed him to Uthrow him and bait out his air dodges or Dairs and get some damage with Uair.

Just... so hilarious. I love making people rage quit, it makes me feel like that I got them SO mad that they had to quit instead of taking the loss and then leaving the room to find someone else to play.

I dunno. It's impossible to really know why someone disconnects/suicides. On 3 separate occasions I've flung myself off the stage until I died, not because of the opponent but because something in real-life demanded my attention and RIGHT NOW :p

Heck, I'm just glad when I get more than 2 matches in a row against someone as most people either leave after 1 or 2 matches :eek:

Revven

Rage quits just aren't the same without being able to receive a message right after and know you're about to read salty gold.

This is true, but just by how he was playing near the end I could tell he was getting desperate and irritated (making bad decisions).

Those were some epic matches Ricky. I think I finally started developing a good strategy those last 8 games or so. Best Charizard I've played

Ricky 7

Those were some epic matches Ricky. I think I finally started developing a good strategy those last 8 games or so. Best Charizard I've played

Thanks man, GGs. I'm still learning Charizard so these matches helped a lot, hopefully I can get good enough with him so I can main him along with my other main.
You're really good with Ness, it took me a while to learn the properties of his moves like Fair and PK Thunder, didn't know it was so strong. I was also surprised that Flamethrower neutralises his PK thunder after you hit yourself with it.
Anyways GGs.

Voliko

Kicked me to a no contest screen and then it was just me in a lobby. It won't let me join now either. I should probably get to bed anyways, GGs. I liked the character variety, Diddy is scary!

And I got shield grabbed so many times, I just can't help it

DooD1234

I feel you. There are sometimes some matches where you can really feel the opponents emotion in how they play. Their rage when they miss a vital smash attack. Their frustration when they just stand there charging their smash attack while you stand and wait there and then counter attack with your own smash attack. Their annoyance when you jump out the ring and kick them out and keep them there. You can even feel their joy when they finally take a stock from you. Especially their hopelessness when you beat your opponent to their last stock and they are at very high percentages and you are still pretty much healthy with 2 stocks.

I feel like a terrible person now bullying some poor For Glory players now lol.

Puruzi

Banned
Kicked me to a no contest screen and then it was just me in a lobby. It won't let me join now either. I should probably get to bed anyways, GGs. I liked the character variety, Diddy is scary!

And I got shield grabbed so many times, I just can't help it

You're really good as Falcon. Like damn. Matches were fun, ggs

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So I was in a Smash Run race and a Dr. Mario had a blue forcefield with a hitbox when he ran; any clue what it was?

one_kill

I didn't realise that I essentially have all the trophies under my belt. I just need to get that 50 hour Smash challenge and I'll get the remaining two I need.

Just need one helmet and two or so Smash Run powers and I would have collected everything :D

Any other ness mains out there? I could use some tips. I feel like I rely on PK Fire as a setup for pretty much anything I do, and it makes me basically free to anyone who can figure that out. I feel like I need some faster options, but all Ness's tilts feel pretty weak to me.

I also feel like I easily get zoned out by people with good projectiles and I don't know how to safely approach. Short hop nair is the best thing I've come up with and its not great.

Top Bottom