• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Sorry jrDev, I got hit with a random communication error. Good games. I don't know how to deal with Peach side B lol. I wanted to give you some Lucina practice since it looks like that's who random25 will be using, but I still made it through the entire female roster, I think; I suck with high tiers. Fake edit: Oh, I forgot Wendy. If I was in the tournament I'd probably be using Samus or Mii Gunner.

jrDev

GGs George! Gotta run to bed...I get clueless when I play any other stage other than omega complete flat ones...oy...

Also is Rosalina the worst character in smash? Damn she wasn't fun to play against at all...just annoying and no satisfaction when I destroy her...did you enjoy playing with her?

And I bowed out a little when you start using Miis cause I have no clue what to do against them...

Any tips? I'll be fine in the tournament if we are on even plain. Thanks...

GGs George! Gotta run to bed...I get clueless when I play any other stage other than omega complete flat ones...oy...

Also is Rosalina the worst character in smash? Damn she wasn't fun to play against at all...just annoying and no satisfaction when I destroy her...did you enjoy playing with her?

And I bowed out a little when you start using Miis cause I have no clue what to do against them...

Any tips? I'll be fine in the tournament if we are on even plain. Thanks...
That was the first time I actually ever used Rosalina. I really don't have any grasp on the character, but I think she's fun to play against depending on the matchup. As far as having fun playing her, I was more interested in just figuring out good strategies. I'd really prefer playing most other characters, though.

Miis are super strong, and you shouldn't sleep on them. I didn't realize the tournament only allowed default movesets for Mii Fighters--that's pretty lame.

It's entirely possible you'll get counterpicked to the non-flat stages, so it's nice to get practice on them. You do a lot of really good stuff. You play patient. I didn't realize Peach Forward Smash was so safe on shield. Be careful with your double jumps when you're recovering--you won't snap and jumping from too close to the ledge can get you killed. I don't have a real grasp of what Peach should be doing, but maybe try more in your face pressure. Also pay attention to the turnips you pull. You always seemed to throw away stitch faces with not much regard. They can be used for shield break setups off of fair or just be deadly projectiles.

Moonlight

Banned
I think I made my first legit read/bait today. One of my friends kept Countering me with his Mac when I was trying to follow-up with u-airs, so next time I hit him up in the air, I just did an empty short hop and KO'd him as soon as he Countered by instinct. Felt hella good.

Falawful

For Glory is such a double-edged sword.

On the one hand, you can have a string of incredible mirror Falcon matches where both of you respectfully request to be shown moves right after each match starts and after you lose a stock.

On the other hand you have the moronic pricks who act super unsportsmanlike during play, and bail as soon as they bag a win.

In summary, I think I should play less For Glory. At least for the sake of nearby drywall.

FSLink

Banned
I really recommended 7.5 Classic Mode because it would give you good amount of coins, good chance to get good numbers of custom moves and you can fight master hand only instead of master core.

Yeah I agree with this. I did it on 6.0 just so it was a bit more mindless, and I got less coins but still a good amount of custom moves and eventually got them all.

Still have yet to get all headgear, but taking a break from the games for a bit.

Jrs3000

I don't get how you couldn't see the room that I was hosting?

Guess game is messed up , I think that is sign for me to quit 3ds version with its online problems.

Didn't show you online. I had only one friend online. You're up there as Con right?

Durden77

So is anyone playing Olimar? And if so, any tips?

Recently I went back and finally finished Pikmin 3, incredible game by the way, and I really wanna learn him. Never really played him too much in Brawl, but he seems like he could be pretty good here. The Pikmin are hard to keep up with on the 3DS screen though...

DaBoss

So I was in a Smash Run race and a Dr. Mario had a blue forcefield with a hitbox when he ran; any clue what it was?
It's an equipment bonus. I feel like it was called Shinespark in the game, but I'm not sure.
So is anyone playing Olimar? And if so, any tips?

Recently I went back and finally finished Pikmin 3, incredible game by the way, and I really wanna learn him. Never really played him too much in Brawl, but he seems like he could be pretty good here. The Pikmin are hard to keep up with on the 3DS screen though...
Play him like a Pikmin game. Throw Pikmin, run away, get a grab or attack if the opponent chases, and repeat. Then try to get a kill in between that. And hope your Pikmin don't fall off the ledge randomly or move away randomly leaving you Pikmin-less.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yeah I agree with this. I did it on 6.0 just so it was a bit more mindless, and I got less coins but still a good amount of custom moves and eventually got them all.

Still have yet to get all headgear, but taking a break from the games for a bit.

Yeah, it's good idea to take a break from the game. I noticed that people over burnt themselves because they wouldn't take a break. I did too.

Durden77

It's an equipment bonus. I feel like it was called Shinespark in the game, but I'm not sure.

Play him like a Pikmin game. Throw Pikmin, run away, get a grab or attack if the opponent chases, and repeat. Then try to get a kill in between that. And hope your Pikmin don't fall off the ledge randomly or move away randomly leaving you Pikmin-less.

Yeah I was in training last night, and I noticed sometimes it seemed like Pikmin just randomaly didn't double jump when I did and shit. In general they seem less controllable than in Brawl, which sucks.

Anth0ny

Anyone know how to beat Rosalina?

Cause I can't beat Rosalina. Every time I grabbed I was interrupted by Luma before I could even throw, let alone pummel. Her moves (fair, up air, down air, up smash, down smash) seem to out-prioritize all of mine (Sheik), Luma eats needles and bouncing fish, and her moves actually kill, while Sheik's do not.

halp

Anyone wanna play 1v1? Wanna practice Jigglypuff

EDIT: Don't grab Rosalina. If Luma is close then I try to poke her and play footsies, but if Luma is far away then that's when I go ham because Rosalina doesn't have many options up close. She's actually punishable.

Anyone know how to beat Rosalina?

Cause I can't beat Rosalina. Every time I grabbed I was interrupted by Luma before I could even throw, let alone pummel. Her moves (fair, up air, down air, up smash, down smash) seem to out-prioritize all of mine (Sheik), Luma eats needles and bouncing fish, and her moves actually kill, while Sheik's do not.

halp

Rosa herself shouldn't have much kill power. She's decent at racking up % but most of her knockback is on Luma's moves :eek:
Ideally you want luma away from Roz as the player doesn't actually control luma's movement. It's basically either attached to her (which is when you can't really throw her because it'll always be nearby) or detatched. When Luma is detached and isn't receiving any inputs (aka A button stuff, neutral B or side B) it will move to a point a set distance in the direction she's facing.
In order to call Luma back, roz has to do a wand-twirl animation which will leave her wide open, so if you can get in while Luma is away, she won't be able to call the lil star back to help :3

At a distance, unless you're using customs, Rosa's main attack is sending luma out, so it's best to try and make her toss out luma then bypass it and get in there ASAP. Again, luma's movement isn't controlled directly so unless she calls it back or faces the other way and doesn't press any buttons for a bit, Luma won't come back your way to bother you :D

Dunno if I'm just repeating stuff you already know, but figured it was worth a mention :3

Durden77

I really hope the Pikmin AI issues are only in the 3DS version.

Olimar seems like a character that barley "fit" in the 3DS version. Seeing stuff like multiple Pokeballs and the Pikmin not looking like shit in the Wii U version also makes me hope he'll just generally work better in it.

georly

My game locked and crashed on me for the first time ever :( Pikachu all-star on sonic stage. Did thunder and hit all 3 people at once with it :(

Moonlight

Banned
I never realized how easy it is to get people mad on For Glory. Matched up against a Samus first, took the first stock clean, then Nosferatu'd him on the second stock. I almost finished his second stock before he just SDed and left the room. The second guy was pretty much a quintessential For Glory player. He started with Villager and kept spamming Pocket, so I just ran up to him and hit him a bunch. He SDed by (accidentally) riding the gyroid rocket all the way across stage and falling off the other end. Then he swapped to Robin, I guess to prove anyone can win with Robin, so I straight up two-stocked him. Then he went with Little Mac, and I finished his first stock with a zero percent off-stage gimp and the second I took off the top. Then he just left. :lol

I need to be reminded I'm bad at this game. Anyone up for a few matches? My FC is 3668-7701-9486.

I never realized how easy it is to get people mad on For Glory. Matched up against a Samus first, took the first stock clean, then Nosferatu'd him on the second stock. I almost finished his second stock before he just SDed and left the room. The second guy was pretty much a quintessential For Glory player. He started with Villager and kept spamming Pocket, so I just ran up to him and hit him a bunch. He SDed by (accidentally) riding the gyroid rocket all the way across stage and falling off the other end. Then he swapped to Robin, I guess to prove anyone can win with Robin, so I straight up two-stocked him. Then he went with Little Mac, and I finished his first stock with a zero percent off-stage gimp and the second I took off the top. Then he just left. :lol

I need to be reminded I'm bad at this game. Anyone up for a few matches? My FC is 3668-7701-9486.

sure

3840 5451 2453

Harass Rosalina at range to encourage her to send Luma out. Then go in.

I got my For Glory win % up to 75.22% today!

495 wins 163 losses.

Moonlight

Banned
Aaaand reality check received. GGs, SuperBowser. I was tilting a bit on those last few matches, urgh. Really need to figure out how to get in on Link, haha. And that Yoshi of yours is insane.

Top Bottom