• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Aaaand reality check received. GGs, SuperBowser. I was tilting a bit on those last few matches, urgh. Really need to figure out how to get in on Link, haha. And that Yoshi of yours is insane.

Thanks :p Haven't played many robins so that was interesting.

Some tips:
-more grabs/shield grabs!
-Robin is very strong in the air with his levin sword so you should abuse that if the situation allows it
-you could try Robin's Up B for edgeguarding or force a few extra hits when you knock people off the edge

Makai

CourteousLeafyBluemorphobutterfly.gif

k_hop

gg k_hop, Link dittos were fun

didn't get so laggy until the very last game, GGs!

Yeah man, now I'm starting to see how frustrating fighting Links are, even in a ditto lol. I can finally relate to all those people in For Glory.

Sorry if I quit abruptly, that ZSS was nuts. I don't think I went "seriously?" more times in a match before that.

k_hop

I actually don't mind Link. Getting through all the projectiles feels so rewarding.

I feel dumb after every Link ditto because I forget how useful Link's shield is. Like you can deflect damn near everything another Link throws at you but I never think to

SoldnerKei

lol so true that about the shield! and yeah no worries, lag wasn't helping either, & you totally destroyed my marth thou, I still wanna use him even if he is not so good now lel

I feel dumb after every Link ditto because I forget how useful Link's shield is. Like you can deflect damn near everything another Link throws at you but I never think to
I know I was playing doubles with some gaffers and I shot a full charged laser with ROB at Link but the damn shield deflected it.

I was like
dtMzVeb.gif

Yeah man, now I'm starting to see how frustrating fighting Links are, even in a ditto lol. I can finally relate to all those people in For Glory.

Sorry if I quit abruptly, that ZSS was nuts. I don't think I went "seriously?" more times in a match before that.

To be honest, I don't have a huge problem with link's projectiles on their own; it's more his sword's reach, power and how long the attacks stay out for, added like a tasty cherry on top of to the projectile mind-games that really mess me up XD

Moonlight

Banned
GGs, Twilt. Some of those off-stage carries with the Monado Jump were legit ridiculous, haha. Sorry that I couldn't keep the sets going for a little longer. The aforementioned sudden interruption happened (and were happening to some extent throughout some of the matches, but no johns). Have you looked at Monado Art canceling? I think I caught you on the landing lag of back-air a lot, and I'm pretty sure picking it up might leave you a little less vulnerable on some of Shulk's aerials.

TWILT

Banned
GGs, Twilt. Some of those off-stage carries with the Monado Jump were legit ridiculous, haha. Sorry that I couldn't keep the sets going for a little longer. The aforementioned sudden interruption happened (and were happening to some extent throughout some of the matches, but no johns). Have you looked at Monado Art canceling? I think I caught you on the landing lag of back-air a lot, and I'm pretty sure picking it up might leave you a little less vulnerable on some of Shulk's aerials.

GGs Moonlight. Fun matches; your Robin's pretty good! Haha yeah, I love Monado Jump. I didn't get the kill for it, but doing that FAir > book throw combo felt so good haha (also goddamn, why do those books hurt so muchhh).

Yeah, I've been trying to integrate it into my gameplan more often, but it's kinda difficult to do online. Need to practice it more. Also, if you don't mind me saying this, I felt like you were a tad too roll happy, and I was punishing you more easily with grab/smash attacks, so I'd recommend being more careful on that.

Moonlight

Banned
GGs Moonlight. Fun matches; your Robin's pretty good! Haha yeah, I love Monado Jump. I didn't get the kill for it, but doing that FAir > book throw combo felt so good haha (also goddamn, why do those books hurt so muchhh).

Yeah, I've been trying to integrate it into my gameplan more often, but it's kinda difficult to do online. Need to practice it more. Also, if you don't mind me saying this, I felt like you were a tad too roll happy, and I was punishing you more easily with grab/smash attacks, so I'd recommend being more careful on that.
It actually took me a second to realize what had even happened when you threw my own book at me. :lol

And yeah, I use rolls way too much for my own good. I keep telling myself to practice spot-dodging, but it never really happens. It's my worst habit. >_>

It actually took me a second to realize what had even happened when you threw my own book at me. :lol

And yeah, I use rolls way too much for my own good. I keep telling myself to practice spot-dodging, but it never really happens. It's my worst habit. >_>
Try focusing on jumping out of shield instead of rolling, maybe?

Cedric

ggs Cedric.

Finally got the crouch rest :O Even though it didn't kill.

EDIT: Too bad I was just an inch away from the edge haha

Haha yea, still though that was damn impressive! GGs man, those were some fun tight games!

I'm happy, I'm starting to find characters other than Rosalina that I enjoy using and am somewhat decent with. I'd really like to get good with a heavy character, but I've always been really bad with em.

Haha yea, still though that was damn impressive! GGs man, those were some fun tight games!

I'm happy, I'm starting to find characters other than Rosalina that I enjoy using and am somewhat decent with. I'd really like to get good with a heavy character, but I've always been really bad with em.
Thanks! Yeah had a lot of fun, too.

There's a lot of unorthodox heavies like ROB, Wario, Samus, Yoshi, Bowser Jr, etc that are different that you could try out, unless you mean traditional heavies.

Cedric

Thanks! Yeah had a lot of fun, too.

There's a lot of unorthodox heavies like ROB, Wario, Samus, Yoshi, Bowser Jr, etc that are different that you could try out, unless you mean traditional heavies.

Yea, I enjoy those types of characters also but I was thinking more along the lines of Bowser, Ganondorf, DK, Dedede and Charizard. I think my problem is that I get overly aggressive with heavies, but due to their lag I end up getting severely punished. I might be wrong, but I suppose you're supposed to play more defensively with those types? I enjoy Ganondorf the most followed by Zard.

Yea, I enjoy those types of characters also but I was thinking more along the lines of Bowser, Ganondorf, DK, Dedede and Charizard. I think my problem is that I get overly aggressive with heavies, but due to their lag I end up getting severely punished. I might be wrong, but I suppose you're supposed to play more defensively with those types? I enjoy Ganondorf the most followed by Zard.
I'm more familiar with Charizard and Ganon, and yes, they're very defensive characters. Charizard especially is more of a punisher type where you have to be patient with him. (Ganon too but he's all about reads lol) Thing about Charizard is that unlike Bowser where all his moves complement his niche very well, Charizard has more diverse tools for different situations, a jack of all trades kind of moveset. Just sucks he's neutral is just "eh" but he's really underrated.

Cedric

I'm more familiar with Charizard and Ganon, and yes, they're very defensive characters. Charizard especially is more of a punisher type where you have to be patient with him. (Ganon too but he's all about reads lol) Thing about Charizard is that unlike Bowser where all his moves complement his niche very well, Charizard has more diverse tools for different situations, a jack of all trades kind of moveset. Just sucks he's neutral is just "eh" but he's really underrated.

Thanks, I'll have to try Zard out in For Glory and see if I can work something out. I'll try playing more defensively.

Anyone wanna 1v1?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Faced an absolutely insane Palutena player today who did a similarly long combo on me twice. Name was Kinuski. Was only able to dish out 9% damage, never been that outclassed.

How did the combo go? I'd like to take notes as I want to pick up Palutena as the defensive annoying character since she has little options in aggressive tactics. Or I just suck.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
How did the combo go? I'd like to take notes as I want to pick up Palutena as the defensive annoying character since she has little options in aggressive tactics. Or I just suck.

Wish I could have recorded the match, but Nintendo's annoying restriction of 64 save slots ruined that chance. Can't exactly remember. It started midfield on the ground, think I was launched with the second attack then got hit at least twice by either her neutral A or forward A in very quick succession, only to be instantly spiked halfway across the edge with her down A.

Just looked in training mode. Neutral A looks way to slow to be able to do that. It was either forward or back air, followed by a spike. But trying it right now, she feels so sluggish in my hands.

Looked up the guy and apparently he's one of the best Finnish players, full tag Skinutski. Videos may pop up at one point.

Top Bottom