• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

J@hranimo

Banned
Ugh warp SDs! The absolute worst >__>

edit: Sorry I gotta get off so suddenly. Have to tend to something, GGs! First time playing Pikachu with the goddess, definitely an interesting matchup.

kunonabi

Well I unlocked all the custom moves but it turned out I'm still missing 3 hats. I don't think I have the energy to grind for those and the last 8 trophies since I'm no longer getting new ones from the shop or trophy rush. I really hope the wii u version handles all this stuff better.

random25

I just realized that Link's arrows are too OP in this game. Like so spammable and no lags for a follow up jab. Seeing that kind of opponent and all he does are those then roll fast to the other end when I approach was the first time I got pissed off in a match lol.

one_kill

Well I unlocked all the custom moves but it turned out I'm still missing 3 hats. I don't think I have the energy to grind for those and the last 8 trophies since I'm no longer getting new ones from the shop or trophy rush. I really hope the wii u version handles all this stuff better.
Keep playing Trophy Rush since it's the best way to get trophies
Also keep in mind that finishing the third challenge board nets you a trophy

That said, I got the 50hr Smash challenge and therefore the last two trophies
I still need to grind for some hats and a level 3 Smash Run power, but I'm happy I got the trophies

Falawful

After a good number of matches we got dced. GGs! Too bad I got dominated for the most part lol.

Not a bad Mega man btw. But the first match you switched to him I was trying to pick Marth vs your Lucina, which is also why we ended up on Arena Ferox again lol. Oh well.

random25

Not a bad Mega man btw. But the first match you switched to him I was trying to pick Marth vs your Lucina, which is also why we ended up on Arena Ferox again lol. Oh well.

I'm just practicing my Lucina for the Bash Sisters tournament. I mainly use Marth but maybe next time we'll have Marth vs Lucina match :p

Falawful

I'm just practicing my Lucina for the Bash Sisters tournament. I mainly use Marth but maybe next time we'll have Marth vs Lucina match :p

If you want more practice with your Lucina we can keep going a bit longer, I'll cycle through the characters on the tourney roster. Plus I need to practice for my loser's bracket match too lol.

Good games Anki. Any feedback you have on my Pikachu is welcome. He was crazy fun to play as.

I am so so bad at using Quick Attack. :(

I just realized that Link's arrows are too OP in this game. Like so spammable and no lags for a follow up jab. Seeing that kind of opponent and all he does are those then roll fast to the other end when I approach was the first time I got pissed off in a match lol.
Haha, what? The arrows are his worst projectile.

Good games Karst! Man, I've never realized how annoying Pikachu is until now! Thunder Jolt is such a damn good projectile! I'm not really sure what I could say since your gameplay was really working out well against me. I do think Pikachu has pretty good tilts (especially forward tilt...and hell, even up tilt) so you could try working them into your game more.

And I'm not quite sure, but up throw + Thunder is something I'm trying to figure out. For some reason I feel like maybe my DI sucks and it shouldn't have gotten me as many times as it did. Have others been able to escape it often?

I'd like some feedback from you as well since I know I really fell apart once you got into Pikachu. I'm not sure if Lucina really is my type of character. I've been looking to replace Lucario since I feel like I'm relying on aura and it's making me worse as a player.

random25

Maybe you should host, random. This doesn't usually happen with my connection but idk could be something going on.

Probably our distance though. But let me try to host.

Edit: Too bad it's been intermittent for the last match. Maybe next time. Sorry about that.

Edit 2: Let's continue! :p

Good games Karst! Man, I've never realized how annoying Pikachu is until now! Thunder Jolt is such a damn good projectile! I'm not really sure what I could say since your gameplay was really working out well against me. I do think Pikachu has pretty good tilts (especially forward tilt...and hell, even up tilt) so you could try working them into your game more.

And I'm not quite sure, but up throw + Thunder is something I'm trying to figure out. For some reason I feel like maybe my DI sucks and it shouldn't have gotten me as many times as it did. Have others been able to escape it often?

I'd like some feedback from you as well since I know I really fell apart once you got into Pikachu. I'm not sure if Lucina really is my type of character. I've been looking to replace Lucario since I feel like I'm relying on aura and it's making me worse as a player.
Yeah, I felt like Lucario was your least good character, and you did most of your damage while at high percentages. But it seems like you enjoy spacing, since you have two projectile characters and Lucina.

I think my biggest piece of advice is to just be more aggressive. Run in there when you have an opening. Also, learn to perfect shield projectiles while dashing. I felt like it was too easy to get distance from you when you eventually closed in. Make me work for it. Every character has to rush and zone at times, but you tend to only zone.

I started working Pikachu's ftilt into my game once I realized his jab is awful (what is it for?). I only jabbed on accident after the first dozen matches. It seems like everything punishes it on hit.

I don't know about DI saving you from the throw -> Thunder combo. It is my first time using the character, so I just do what works as I go along. :p

They've been buffed from previous smash games though, and you can throw a bomb to cancel the arrow landing lag =)
Sure, but they aren't overpowered.

Moonlight

Banned
Man, half-decent Little Macs are so crazy hard to fight with Robin. Dude refuses to give you any breathing room whatsoever and his Down Smash covers so many of your options when you're trying to go back to the stage. Barely anything he does can be easily punished by Robin, and his Counter covers a lot of the danger in Robin's aerials. Or at least it makes punishing him a lot more complicated. It's got super armour, too, so you can't even trade properly if you hit him at the wrong time. I've always known he's a tough match-up but when I'm getting blown up by someone I can destroy in pretty much any other match-up, it's frustrating.

Falawful

Probably our distance though. But let me try to host.

Edit: Too bad it's been intermittent for the last match. Maybe next time. Sorry about that.

Edit 2: Let's continue! :p

Managed to get a few in there finally. GGs, input lag seemed to grow as the matches went on, lol.

random25

Falawful, GGs. Your puff and Samus are really good. good luck in our matches.

Haha, what? The arrows are his worst projectile.

I won't say it's his worst. Damage-wise, sure. But without much end lag and with the ability to easily follow up with jabs makes approaching Link a problem. And it can go end-to-end with a charged one to keep a player at bay. Can't say the same for his boomerang and bombs.

Cody_D165

Banned
Just got back from my (sadly short) stay at Youmacon 2014. Amazing event, got to meet a lot of smashers, play friendlies in Melee, PM, and Smash 4, and even got to chat with D1 for a bit when he wasn't busy. (He was even was cool enough to sign my controller :D)

However Youmacon made me realize just how bad Smash 3DS can be for tournament settings in a large venue. I missed entry for the Smash 4 tournament myself, but wireless interference was a huge issue for pretty much every single participant and was present in nearly every friendly I played (not just in the con game room either). I don't see many serious tournaments for the 3DS game being held after the Wii U version drops. Probably just stating the obvious, but seeing it in person was just heartbreaking.

Also, shoutouts to the Renaissance Center cleanup crew member who literally halted Brawl Grand Finals, making Keitaro and KSEV pause and unplug their controllers, to move a cart through the area between the players and the CRT while all of us in the crowd watched in horror.

Will be stream monstering/watching Melee and Smash 4 finals tomorrow on the Clash Tournaments stream.

k_hop

Yep, time to stop. All those SDs.

Giant bombs > meteor bombs. For all the hype the latter got, they...kind of suck. The short fuse really kills them, plus no bomb recovery = no bueno. Giant bombs have INSANE recovery though. I don't know if you saw during the FFA where I essentially tripled my distance using them. It's nuts.

Wish I could have recorded the match, but Nintendo's annoying restriction of 64 save slots ruined that chance. Can't exactly remember. It started midfield on the ground, think I was launched with the second attack then got hit at least twice by either her neutral A or forward A in very quick succession, only to be instantly spiked halfway across the edge with her down A.

Just looked in training mode. Neutral A looks way to slow to be able to do that. It was either forward or back air, followed by a spike. But trying it right now, she feels so sluggish in my hands.

Looked up the guy and apparently he's one of the best Finnish players, full tag Skinutski. Videos may pop up at one point.

Totally guessing but would it maybe have been the following for the first 3 attacks: single jab -> down throw -> neutral air+fastfall or forward air?
Jab into grab is a Palutena bread and butter :p

Yeah, I felt like Lucario was your least good character, and you did most of your damage while at high percentages. But it seems like you enjoy spacing, since you have two projectile characters and Lucina.

I think my biggest piece of advice is to just be more aggressive. Run in there when you have an opening. Also, learn to perfect shield projectiles while dashing. I felt like it was too easy to get distance from you when you eventually closed in. Make me work for it. Every character has to rush and zone at times, but you tend to only zone.

I started working Pikachu's ftilt into my game once I realized his jab is awful (what is it for?). I only jabbed on accident after the first dozen matches. It seems like everything punishes it on hit.

I don't know about DI saving you from the throw -> Thunder combo. It is my first time using the character, so I just do what works as I go along. :p

Sure, but they aren't overpowered.

Yeah, I'm starting to feel that way too. Spacing characters are pretty interesting, and I do like swordsman in general so I guess that's my thing. XD

Hm, alright, that does sound fair. I have to admit that I do lack confidence in my offense overall, so I'll try to work on that. Thanks!

I heard that ESAM's Pikachu uses the jab a lot, but I haven't really seen it for myself. It does look pretty useless to me though.

Oh yeah, I thought of one more thing. Maybe you could try experimenting with Quick Attack. I know if you only use the first one on the ground it has lag, but if you manage to use it to zip around the stage, it'll definitely make your keep away game even more infuriating to deal with!

Top Bottom