• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Moonlight

Banned
Yeah, i'd even argue that Little Mac doesn't need it. All it does is strengthen his ground game (unless you can KO in the air which would be news to me) and that doesn't need any help. It doesn't help that all these games are online either so stuff with a small punish window (e.g. dash attack -> jabs) is gruesomely difficult to fit a hit or throw into thanks to lovely things like input lag and the like :p
You can definitely use KO Punch in the air. -_-;

I think it's harder to hit, but you can definitely do it.

I'm not sure why people are calling Rosalina overpowered - is she really that strong? Her and Greninja are the two characters I'm enjoying most right now, and I feel a bit bad that apparently I've picked two of the stronger characters to play.

Same happened with Brawl, I've loved Metaknight since Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland, and it sucked when people called me out on picking him for that reason.

I have a similar problem. I like Lucario and I've been using him since Brawl but his aura mechanic has been worrying me. I feel like it's teaching me a bad habit about defense and becoming an absolute monster by taking damage is feeling...I don't know how to describe it. It doesn't feel good when I win. There was aura in Brawl, but it definitely wasn't like this.

I've tried picking Lucina but that hasn't been working out too well, I think.

georly

Anyone have any experience playing smash 3DS at a mcdonald's/starbucks?

My local starbucks's wifi says something about google, so I imagine it's infinitely better than the wifi I have at home, but I also imagine almost everyone in there will also be using it.

My home wifi sucks, so I was wondering if i wanted to play smash 3DS online if it would behoove me to try it out

GGs karsticles

Had to finish early, flatmate making me do things -_- can maybe play in another hour if you want!
GGs.

I am pretty pissed. Half of my inputs don't come out right anymore. I swear the 3DS pad keeps getting worse. Rolling around like a goddamn moron instead of punishing every time.

Also, Pikachu must have the worst killing ability in the entire game.

For anyone who watched that duck hunt dog vs bowser match... imagine the exact same fight if smash 4 only had one air dodge and tell me you didn't shudder :p

edit:
I am pretty pissed. Half of my inputs don't come out right anymore. I swear the 3DS pad keeps getting worse. Rolling around like a goddamn moron instead of punishing every time.
Yeah, I'm getting the same. I've noticed that I find it quite difficult to roll to the left sometimes now. I'll often find myself spot dodging when I try to roll left and during one match when I tried to air control left it made me fast-fall to my death as well.
Please come quicker Wii-U version :s

For anyone who watched that duck hunt dog vs bowser match... imagine the exact same fight if smash 4 only had one air dodge and tell me you didn't shudder :p

edit:

Yeah, I'm getting the same. I've noticed that I find it quite difficult to roll to the left sometimes now. I'll often find myself spot dodging when I try to roll left and during one match when I tried to air control left it made me fast-fall to my death as well.
Please come quicker Wii-U version :s
What stream?

GGs.

Yeah, I felt like I was pretty lucky with some of my link plays.

I simply can't play some characters in this game due to the control method - captain falcon and jigglypuff being the big ones.

edit: The best player I have met so far in For Glory was a Pikachu. His combos were insane (grab = 60%) and I could barely keep up with him on any of my characters.

What are people's opinions on the strong characters of the game? The more I've played, the more I'm unsure. I think Namco did a really brilliant job with balancing the game. The standouts to me so far have been ZSS, Sheik, Pikachu, Captain Falcon, Sonic, Bowser, Diddy Kong and Pacman. Duck Hunt is looking pretty scary on the stream right now too.

I feel these characters have solid matchups against nearly the whole cast and plain shut down a lot of people too.

Pitt is over (unless you're staying for Melee)
The winner? Bowser! I totally thought it was duck hunt's game but bowser clawed it back just at the end :eek:

Although I love duck hunt, I'm kinda glad Bowser won. It's good for the game to see that an up-close heavy offensive character can win a big tournament.

DooD1234

That was an exciting grand final between Bowser and Duck Hunt. I thought Duck hunt would take it considering he a easy target for all of duck hunt projectiles.

That was an exciting grand final between Bowser and Duck Hunt. I thought Duck hunt would take it considering he a easy target for all of duck hunt projectiles.
It was, but watching bowser trying to get back to the stage through that can and throw spam was painful XD
Some of Rend's super-deep offstage antics had me on the edge of my seat though... I don't even know how he managed to reach the ledge half the time :eek:

JoeInky

So.. my circle pad is like on the verge.. of coming off. I'm really nervous you guys....

I've been playing without the little plastic grip for about 2 weeks now, it really does suck.

I'm so glad the EU release got brought forward a week, that's a week less of having to play the 3DS version and having to play carefully so as to avoid snapping the pad off.

What are people's opinions on the strong characters of the game? The more I've played, the more I'm unsure. I think Namco did a really brilliant job with balancing the game. The standouts to me so far have been ZSS, Sheik, Pikachu, Captain Falcon, Sonic, Bowser, Diddy Kong and Pacman. Duck Hunt is looking pretty scary on the stream right now too.

I feel these characters have solid matchups against nearly the whole cast and plain shut down a lot of people too.

I feel that the game is balanced because the mechanics don't allow either player to gain an overwhelming advantage. There's little momentum aside from somebody repeatedly getting knocked into the air, but zoning doesn't shut people down either as it could in a game like Street Fighter.

Rosalina is just ridiculous, mainly because of that dumb dash attack and the negligible penalty for losing Luma. Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, and Diddy are all pretty much on top for aggressive characters. Bowser is definitely strong. Yoshi is pretty serious. Ness is overlooked but could become pretty strong.

Rosalina is just ridiculous, mainly because of that dumb dash attack and the negligible penalty for losing Luma.

Considering Palutena's dash attack eats other attacks and projectiles and can even crunch through some counter attacks, Rosa's dash attack doesn't seem all that special to me let alone ridiculous :p
Heck, if it weren't for the super-punishable recovery on it, I'd probably just use Palu's dash attack exclusively XD (then again, with customs on and super speed, good luck punishing it because it'll carry her about half the stage away even if you block it :3 )

Luigi87

I started a new game of Fire Emblem Awakening, to actually play through it this time (I stopped at ch.5 previously)

First actual battle in the Prologue... Chrom gets crit'd 100%-0% in a single hit.
... This is exactly why he isn't in Smash!

Dimmle

KO Punch is a crazy-stupid mechanic. It would be fun in 4 (or you know, 8) player time matches, but it has no place in 1v1 stock.

Yeah, i'd even argue that Little Mac doesn't need it. All it does is strengthen his ground game (unless you can KO in the air which would be news to me) and that doesn't need any help. It doesn't help that all these games are online either so stuff with a small punish window (e.g. dash attack -> jabs) is gruesomely difficult to fit a hit or throw into thanks to lovely things like input lag and the like :p

It's a dumb move.

Anyone up for some matches? I've been wanting to practice my Shulk, but practicing on For Glory lately isn't really doing it for me.

My code is 5155-2969-6127

Top Bottom