• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

TheOGB

Banned
This was on the Bad Miiverse Posts Twitter
4tCIK.gif

B1eE7gkCAAErbEy.png

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
It's a dumb move.

It's super fun when you can use it against themselves. Flew through it with Greninja's Hydro Pump twice today, causing them to do the move off stage and die. One of those players straight up rage quit immediately afterwards.

RiggyRob

Shit, just had my first crash - playing as Lucina on All-Star mode, I used a forward smash on Wario and apparently he was just about to use his bike as all of the parts popped out. Hopefully nothing serious was lost.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
How do you guys feel the game would play on a pro controller I want to get fantasy life but I can't get the gc controller version if I do x.x

How do you guys feel the game would play on a pro controller I want to get fantasy life but I can't get the gc controller version if I do x.x

Maybe not the most popular opinion but I've never been the hugest fan of the GC controller (trying to do the various grabs in soul calibur II on it was a special kind of hell to me,) but I love the wii-u pro one.
I'll still end up buying the GC port thingy anyhoo though because some of my friends are die-hard melee-ers so they'll probably want the clunky old pads :3

Voliko

First time ever playing Lucina, literally picked her just to do that taunt

Ready to stop messin' now

Oh my, these customs are mad whacky.

Edit: Comm error, I should get going anyways. I didn't think Link could get any more annoying until today ;_;

Moonlight

Banned
GGs, Beats! Your Peach is really solid as usual. Something came up, unfortunately. Can't believe how that Sleep Counter still surprises me, haha. I kept charging riiiight into the lingering gas.

Beats

GGs, Beats! Something came up, unfortunately. Can't believe how that Sleep Counter still surprises me, haha. I kept charging riiiight into the lingering gas.

Good games Moonlight. It's no problem. Seems like you got that El Fire > Aerial combo down well! I got hit by it so many times. Try not to roll too much or too predictably though. You let me get so many grabs in the last two matches because of that. > . < Also, I noticed that whenever I jumped/floated towards you while you were charging El Thunder you would just release it a lot of the time when I got close even though it wouldn't hit me.

Cranzor

Has anyone noticed any weird behavior with the grab button? I have accidentally forward-aired as Samus while trying to tether a few times and I don't know why. I can't replicate it.

BUT, I did discover that if you press down and grab, a down smash comes out. That works consistently. I can't get it to work with any other smash attacks. Pretty odd, but maybe there's a reason for it.

Has anyone noticed any weird behavior with the grab button? I have accidentally forward-aired as Samus while trying to tether a few times and I don't know why. I can't replicate it.

BUT, I did discover that if you press down and grab, a down smash comes out. That works consistently. I can't get it to work with any other smash attacks. Pretty odd, but maybe there's a reason for it.

Yeah, unfortunately I believe the 'grab' button is just a macro in the game for "shield + attack" which means in situations where it would ignore the shield input you get attacks. I heard it was possible to do a smash/tilt or whatever with it, but I thought it was up rather than down :eek:
Another example is if I press grab too quickly after palutena's jab it will chain into repeated jabs rather than grab :/

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Damn that arrow is strong

Edit: Link's Customs really wreck the heavy characters with no projectiles. Damn. So hard to play around. Good practice though.

Cranzor

Yeah, unfortunately I believe the 'grab' button is just a macro in the game for "shield + attack" which means in situations where it would ignore the shield input you get attacks. I heard it was possible to do a smash/tilt or whatever with it, but I thought it was up rather than down :eek:
Another example is if I press grab too quickly after palutena's jab it will chain into repeated jabs rather than grab :/

That's really weird. Hopefully it's not like that in the Wii U version!

Top Bottom