• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Hatchtag

Banned
I felt bad winning the Charizard/Bowser Jr. match because I got outplayed up till that very moment. I had no idea what to do about Rock Smash.

I must be the craziest Peach in the world because I can't do this. I don't possess the patience and Mac just barreling down on me makes me nervous. Plus, like you said, there isn't much Peach can do either.

It isn't really a good tactic. It's just boring the other player into making a move. It wouldn't work in a real competitive setting, because opponents would be willing to wait it out there, so there's no real reason to ever do it aside from trying to get your win/loss ratio up in a really dull and boring way. If I find a Peach doing this consistently online, I just disconnect. I don't want to waste my time like that.

I do kind of wonder if Mac has a good tactic for beating it, but again, it's kinda pointless. Since neither player can really do much during it, it's just a time waster that advantages Peach if Mac gets impatient.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I felt bad winning the Charizard/Bowser Jr. match because I got outplayed up till that very moment. I had no idea what to do about Rock Smash.

The Super Armor on Rock Smash is just stupid. But it's Charizard's "get in" move. And it is integral to his playstyle.

Yeah, definitely. Which is right now, hah hah.

Great games SUPERJEM! You've got skill with a wide variety of characters there! Who is your main? Mega Man? In any case, we'll have to play again sometime!

You are correct, although your Mega Man is much better than mine. You move so quickly with him! I feel like I'm being held back since I am playing on the OG 3DS. I think I'll do much better with the GCN controller. I tried to play as much characters as I can so I can get familiar with them. Thanks man, and I'm up to play with you whenever I have time on my hands!

Yeah, unfortunately I believe the 'grab' button is just a macro in the game for "shield + attack" which means in situations where it would ignore the shield input you get attacks. I heard it was possible to do a smash/tilt or whatever with it, but I thought it was up rather than down :eek:
Another example is if I press grab too quickly after palutena's jab it will chain into repeated jabs rather than grab :/
I was actually having this exact problem earlier today when playing with Palutena, well guess I know why it happens now.

Flowmoney

Is anyone else having problems with smash 4 3ds?

There is weird problem that won't let me make rooms.

I don't see too much information on the problem and how to fix it.

What's weird is you dig through that a little bit, earlier today he lists Lucario as one of his top five characters.

having a character as one of the top 5 characters in the game doesn't mean you can't hate on them

it's not like it's a top 5 list of his favorite characters to play or something

I had a feeling Lucario would be a problem in this game, and that was before I knew about rage.

He's top 5 material.

We made it, fellow Lucario mains!

FmEjoSC.jpg

Haha, I get a victory, but it doesn't count because of your polite SD! Either way, nice to not hear MM's victory music for once.

One more and I gotta jet.

EDIT: Alrighty, great games! Let me know anytime you want to play; I feel like I get the most productive play when I play against you.

I left my 3DS on Smash Mode for 12 hours, thinking I could cheat to get the challenge. The records say I have only played it for 26 minutes. What gives?

Haha, I get a victory, but it doesn't count because of your polite SD! Either way, nice to not hear MM's victory music for once.

One more and I gotta jet.

EDIT: Alrighty, great games! Let me know anytime you want to play; I feel like I get the most productive play when I play against you.

Definitely, great games! They're always fun, haha. Your Lucina and Mario were really intense. We'll definitely play more in the future. Have a good one!

I think the weirdest/ dumbest strategy I've seen was a Jigglypuff who did nothing but float back and forth dodging with each jump, then try to land an aerial.

Sheik is fun to play, but I prefer to play characters who have lots of tools or just mess around with heavy characters.

Moonlight

Banned
Weird situation I ran into where Rest sent someone... nowhere. It planted the flower on their head, but they froze for a second when it connected and suddenly momentum died.

Shaanyboi

Banned
so is anyone engaging with the character customization stuff? I don't mean the Mii fighter, i mean for the regular fighters. Is it worth messing with that stuff? The badges, the alternate attacks... Does it affect that character throughout all game modes?

I've been playing with a busted analog stick for the last week or so and I'm getting a little fed up with it. Most of the right side and a bit of the upper section has sunk in, so to speak. Pushing it in any part of that direction makes it turn from smooth to completely rough and actually starts to sink into the 3ds.

Makes it quite difficult to land ftilts or even dash at times. Would Nintendo fix this for me? I'm worried they'll give me a replacement and I'd rather keep my Zelda 3ds.

I've been playing with a busted analog stick for the last week or so and I'm getting a little fed up with it. Most of the right side and a bit of the upper section has sunk in, so to speak. Pushing it in any part of that direction makes it turn from smooth to completely rough and actually starts to sink into the 3ds.

Makes it quite difficult to land ftilts or even dash at times. Would Nintendo fix this for me? I'm worried they'll give me a replacement and I'd rather keep my Zelda 3ds.

Under warranty? Mine wasn't and so I had to pay £77 for a repair!

Top Bottom