• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
My new record:
hEx3Esm.jpg

I'm going to make a more comprehensive results post sometime tomorrow, but everyone make sure to congratulate Shamrock7r for winning the 3DS Tournament we just finished! He definitely had to prove his skills, as he was going against georgetheplushie who is quite the badass in his own right.

That guys got a crazy Ness, so for anyone looking for a real challenge, make sure you hit him up!

k_hop

Lag got pretty bad that last match, but ggs

Never played non-omega Magicant before that session. I'd been wanting to since I heard so much about it and the layout seemed interesting, but it really is as bad as people said.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Lag got pretty bad that last match, but ggs

Never played non-omega Magicant before that session. I'd been wanting to since I heard so much about it and the layout seemed interesting, but it really is as bad as people said.

Sorry I meant to choose the Omega version. Truthfully, the regular version isn't that bad. Flying Man* can be killed rather easily.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Dear Nintendo,

Please release an update that disables the shoulder buttons when you put the Music Player into sleep mode.

ktnxbai

"walk a total of 31 miles between all fighters"

Can someone clarify this challenge for me?

Does EVERY mode count? Does running count? Does it seriously have to be walking? I don't think I ever really walk in this game haha.

Anyway to tell the total distance walked besides adding all the separate distances together?

Kouriozan

"walk a total of 31 miles between all fighters"

Can someone clarify this challenge for me?

Does EVERY mode count? Does running count? Does it seriously have to be walking? I don't think I ever really walk in this game haha.

Anyway to tell the total distance walked besides adding all the separate distances together?
All I did is pick up Sonic in Smash Run, gave him all speed equips, then running for 5 mins and got the challenge after.
But I'm close to "finish" the game too, still a few characters to do in classic and all-stars with some trophies.

All I did is pick up Sonic in Smash Run, gave him all speed equips, then running for 5 mins and got the challenge after.
But I'm close to "finish" the game too, still a few characters to do in classic and all-stars with some trophies.

Cool thanks. So you were running and not walking correct?

Somehow... against all odds... I beat classic on 9.0 this morning. I still don't know just how I did it, but I did use the Charizard rock-smash strategy with all attack equipment including the critical bonus. The weird thing is that before that last run, I was playing absolutely awful. I lost 5 times on the very first mission in one run, ending up at 5.5 overall when I lost a couple more times later on that run. At least now the remaining challenges are all attrition. I just have the 50 hours of smash, all smash run powers, and all outfits/moves/headgear challenges left. I've been doing smash run on each character until that character has all special moves unlocked, with the hopes that I might get a smash run power from it. It's been a long time since I've gotten a new power, though. There's no other way to unlock smash run powers (other than the ones from challenges), right?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Man I love playing a high-aura Lucario. His side-b has incredible range, and you can kill with his up-b, which happens to go for MILES. Feels genuinely DBZ at times, especially with his up-taunt.

I don't think any characters's attacks come anywhere close to priority on Robin's aerials. It's actually pretty disgusting. Spent about 10+ games trying different characters and just hopping around doing aerial Levin sword controls the match. You can try Ness, but his crappy up and down smashes are going to be a handicap.

Moonlight

Banned
I don't think any characters's attacks come anywhere close to priority on Robin's aerials. It's actually pretty disgusting. Spent about 10+ games trying different characters and there's no reliable way to keep Robin away other than waiting for them to screw up.
You shouldn't be trying to keep Robin out. You should be trying to stay in. Robin has really awful options when dealing with fast characters with reliable pressure. In particular, our shield grab (and general grab range without the benefit of roll-cancelling) is absolutely terrible, and our approach options themselves are pretty weak. Our most reliable option in that regard is a short-hopped Arcfire (and that's punished if you don't space it correctly), but any of Robin's other aerials when approaching from the ground are fairly easily shielded and possibly even punishable. Your solution to Robin's high priority Levin aerials is not to try and clash, because yes, you will probably lose. Use air-dodges more and keep Robin from taking control of your position. Constantly short-hopping Levin Sword aerials covers a really small amount of options; it's definitely not something that should control the stage unless you let it.

jman2050

I've been experimenting with characters a lot and while I've had good success with my previous mains (Samus and Sonic, not so much Olimar) I'm really gravitating towards Yoshi in this game. That stupid dinosaur is an absolute beast outside of his iffy recovery.

He may end up being my main when all is said and done. Definitely didn't see that coming before release.

PK Gaming

You shouldn't be trying to keep Robin out. You should be trying to stay in. Robin has really awful options when dealing with fast characters with reliable pressure. In particular, our shield grab (and general grab range without the benefit of roll-cancelling) is absolutely terrible, and our approach options themselves are pretty weak. Our most reliable option in that regard is a short-hopped Arcfire (and that's punished if you don't space it correctly), but any of Robin's other aerials when approaching from the ground are fairly easily shielded and possibly even punishable. Your solution to Robin's high priority Levin aerials is not to try and clash, because yes, you will probably lose. Use air-dodges more and keep Robin from taking control of your position. Constantly short-hopping Levin Sword aerials covers a really small amount of options; it's definitely not something that should control the stage unless you let it.

Spot on

In other words:

Uktbu3X.png

JCX

Smash 3DS is now my third most played 3DS game ever. Only 40 hours separate it from Bravely Default. i wonder if I'll reach it before Smash Wii U.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
How high is your Kirby's GSP for Smash Run?

That's impressive
1999215; oddly enough Lucina is my highest score even though she was not my highest stats (245050/2002024 GSP). The ending battle and your performance in it definitely plays a role in score determination.

Top Bottom