• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Why? You're still more easily killed the more power you have.

I don't know about easily. Lucario isn't a lightweight, and of course his recovery gets improved.

I'm not really sure how to feel about it. I don't really think Lucario is that weak at low percentages. At the same time, they did take away a lot from him in exchange for the new aura effect but it still feels like aura is too much. There's just a lot of times where I play and I feel "I really shouldn't have won that match."

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nope, it's not. If you set up the characters with those moves, equipments and headgears/outfits then you can transfer the characters to Wii U. However you can't edit those characters on Wii U.

Basically we have to farm all over again if we want to have free reign of those options on Wii U version.

Edited: I will double check in few minutes. Yeah, I'm right unless it was voiced over.

Yeah that's what I thought, after I saw the direct I stopped farming for stuff. Way too much of a pain in the ass to have to do it again

I don't know about easily. Lucario isn't a lightweight, and of course his recovery gets improved.

I'm not really sure how to feel about it. I don't really think Lucario is that weak at low percentages. At the same time, they did take away a lot from him in exchange for the new aura effect but it still feels like aura is too much. There's just a lot of times where I play and I feel "I really shouldn't have won that match."

Lucario isn't like an instant win button. To play him, you have to get used to changing your playstyle depending on your damage and your opponent's damage. Having strong attacks won't help you if you can't land them, and Lucario only really seems disproportionately advantaged when the opponent has trouble killing. Even then, staying alive at high percentages requires good reads and a totally different playstyle than being at low percentages. Getting killed immediately puts you at a disadvantage, and getting killed first even moreso. In addition, there are plenty of characters that can deal with Lucario's toolset in one way or another.

Long rant, but I guess I can summarize it like this: you're rewarded for surviving and outplaying your opponent, not for playing badly.

Lucario isn't like an instant win button. To play him, you have to get used to changing your playstyle depending on your damage and your opponent's damage. Having strong attacks won't help you if you can't land them, and Lucario only really seems disproportionately advantaged when the opponent has trouble killing. Even then, staying alive at high percentages requires good reads and a totally different playstyle than being at low percentages. Getting killed immediately puts you at a disadvantage, and getting killed first even moreso. In addition, there are plenty of characters that can deal with Lucario's toolset in one way or another.

Long rant, but I guess I can summarize it like this: you're rewarded for surviving and outplaying your opponent, not for playing badly.

I guess I can't disagree with what you've said. It makes sense.

Love fighting DHDs, Metal Blade completely shuts down their camping and it's so easy to turn around the can thing, forcing them to approach me.

jrDev

GGs Jrs3000. You did a lot of SDs :/ Also, my advice also is mix up your play style, I figured out your game so I knew how to approach after the second match.

Jrs3000

GGs Jrs3000. You did a lot of SDs :/ Also, my advice also is mix up your play style, I figured out your game so I knew how to approach after the second match.

ggs.Yeah input issues, circle pad doesn't always do what I tell it. I see, I'll do that.

Felensis

Banned
My 16 GB SD card is nearly full and therefore I plan to upgrade to a 32 GB one (I'm completely digital on 3DS/Wii U). In the manual of SSB it says that the savegame won't work after copying the data from one SD card to another.

Does anyone of you fellow GAFfers know a workaround so that I won't lose my savegame?

Many thanks in advance!

emb

My 16 GB SD card is nearly full and therefore I plan to upgrade to a 32 GB one (I'm completely digital on 3DS/Wii U). In the manual of SSB it says that the savegame won't work after copying the data from one SD card to another.

Does anyone of you fellow GAFfers know a workaround so that I won't lose my savegame?

Many thanks in advance!
I don't know.

I don't understand why any game, ever, would not allow you to copy a save file. I mean, I guess if duplicating your stuff ruins the community, whatever. Then just flag it as copied and don't let it trade items/money. But a fighting game? Is there any farfetch'd justification for that?

Zing

Banned

Many thanks in advance!
This is not true. I think what it is trying to say is that you cannot copy just the save files to another SD card. This is common protection measure. Animal Crossing also has this.

You are able to copy the entire SD card to a new one with no problem. If you are just upgrading to a new card it is easy and will work fine. Just copy the entire card to a newly formatted card.

emb

This is not true. I think what it is trying to say is that you cannot copy just the save files to another SD card. This is common protection measure. Animal Crossing also has this.

You are able to copy the entire SD card to a new one with no problem. If you are just upgrading to a new card it is easy and will work fine. Just copy the entire card to a newly formatted card.
That's good.

Protection against what though? Enjoying Smash Bros? Cheating? I still think it's overboard.

Wait, now that I think about it, does Smash Bros. not save to the game card? If I put in my other 3DS will I need to start fresh?

DaBoss

Probably the greatest kill I've ever gotten. It was a complete accident too. Was supposed to be a Side B lol.

https://vine.co/v/OeKnzXZ2jrA

I'm so glad it happened.

EDIT: Son of D made a GIF of it:
warlrgudw.gif

JoeInky

What people here play Ness? I want to learn him since Lucas is gone.

And even when the game seems to be running well, there's always minuscule input lag. You'll definitely feel it trying to get tight timing on moves like Substitute.

Like others have said, Shamrock is the best Ness here probably.

I'm pretty good with Ness when I'm on my game, but I mess up with the 3DS controls too much to be what I'd consider good at the character.

Speaking of, I'd like to play you again sometime shamrock. I feel like I played really badly when we last played.

Semajer

Is there some trick to getting new Smash Run Powers, Hats, Custom Moves, etc.? I've collected about 190 Smash Run Power bags since my last new one, there HAS TO be a better way than just grinding Smash Run over and over and over again.

alvmew

Is there some trick to getting new Smash Run Powers, Hats, Custom Moves, etc.? I've collected about 190 Smash Run Power bags since my last new one, there HAS TO be a better way than just grinding Smash Run over and over and over again.

I honestly think that's the best method for the Powers. I got them all just grabbing the rainbow bags in Smash Run after I got all of the ones from the Challenges. :\

For the Custom Moves, I've done both Smash Runs with the characters I needed them for, all Speed equips, and then just running around collecting only Custom Move/Gear bags; or otherwise Classic at the higher difficulties with the Home button trick and the needed character. I only have about ten Custom Moves to go. :D

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
What people here play Ness? I want to learn him since Lucas is gone.

And even when the game seems to be running well, there's always minuscule input lag. You'll definitely feel it trying to get tight timing on moves like Substitute.

I main Ness exclusively, but I'm still learning. Any specific questions?

Semajer

I honestly think that's the best method for the Powers. I got them all just grabbing the rainbow bags in Smash Run after I got all of the ones from the Challenges. :\

For the Custom Moves, I've done both Smash Runs with the characters I needed them for, all Speed equips, and then just running around collecting only Custom Move/Gear bags; or otherwise Classic at the higher difficulties with the Home button trick and the needed character. I only have about ten Custom Moves to go. :D

Urgh. I've done 36 Smash Runs collecting 6 Smash Run Power bags in all but a couple of matches. Why can't this game just give me the final Power?

I suppose I'll keep running Smash Run until the last power drops, then I'll try and do Classic 9.0 with every character, I don't think I'll have the patience to do the Home Menu trick though. Hopefully that will give me a reasonable number of the missing Custom Moves, and other stuff.

Urgh. I've done 36 Smash Runs collecting 6 Smash Run Power bags in all but a couple of matches. Why can't this game just give me the final Power?

I suppose I'll keep running Smash Run until the last power drops, then I'll try and do Classic 9.0 with every character, I don't think I'll have the patience to do the Home Menu trick though. Hopefully that will give me a reasonable number of the missing Custom Moves, and other stuff.

Which power do you still need? There are some you can only get from completing other Challenges.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Had this glitch happen to me again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co6THQHUwlM

But this time the Little Mac player jumped right after he stood on air as if it were just an extension of the stage. Weird glitch. Would have saved the match and recorded it, but my slots are full. The 64 replay restriction is dumb.

Just looks like a laggy response to Greninja's Hydro Pump. Like it registers Little Mac as landing as he was hit by Greninja's attack and just slid off the stage until it realized he had nothing to stand on anymore.

I main Ness exclusively, but I'm still learning. Any specific questions?

When do you use PK Thunder while neutral?

And trying to play Fox on a circle pad is brutal.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Just looks like a laggy response to Greninja's Hydro Pump. Like it registers Little Mac as landing as he was hit by Greninja's attack and just slid off the stage until it realized he had nothing to stand on anymore.

Yes, but apparently in that split second before the game realizes that's not solid ground, players can still jump. Unfortunately can't show this part.

JoeInky

Use it whenever they're off stage if you don't feel like going deep for a kill would pay off, and if they're below the ledge, 9 times out of 10 it will knock them upwards and towards the stage which sets you up for an Uair or Usmash, which is a pretty good finisher if they're at high percents.

When they're on stage I don't really use it that often other than to harass now and then, the best use of it is it's ability to condition people (especially 90% of the people that play online in for glory), you can usually keep hitting them with it the exact same way multiple times until they start to expect it, then instead hit yourself for a KO.

I'll also use it after getting a few DThrows on heavy characters now and then, eventually they'll start spamming the dodge button in anticipation for the FAir, only to get landing lag and a PKT2 in their face.

Also, being above a character is a position most people don't want to be in, the vertical knockback and lingering hitbox is really good for juggling people trying to return to the stage from the top corners, just because it's hard to air dodge when used properly. Basically try to get the projectile moving down with them so that they'll hit it once they come out of the dodge animation and get knocked back up again.

It's probably one of the best mind game tools in the game because of how versatile it is, it's a great harass tool as well as a great kill tool, the number of options you have with it is great.

I don't know if this move only really works online with the horrible input lag though, I don't think I've seen it used that much in local play at 3DS tournaments from what I remember.

georly

I *HATE* how all-star mode has stages without hazards (magicant has no flying man, warioware has no transformations), yet that's not possible in normal play. :(

Beats

I *HATE* how all-star mode has stages without hazards (magicant has no flying man, warioware has no transformations), yet that's not possible in normal play. :(

Yeah, it's weird. Some stages like Rainbow Road won't have any hazards if you have 4 players though.

I just figured out why Final Destunation has an omega version. So that if you pick the Random omega stage option then Final Destination can come up. Imagine if it was excluded from that!

Mind = Blown

JoeInky

I just figured out why Final Destunation has an omega version. So that if you pick the Random omega stage option then Final Destination can come up. Imagine if it was excluded from that!

Mind = Blown

I don't think it technically has an omega version, it will be one stage file with a pointer to that file in both stage lists.

Unless they actually have two separate files for FD, which would be dumb.

emb

I wish there was an alt skin for Ω FD or something.

:(

Yeah. We could have so easily had nice things.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking

And trying to play Fox on a circle pad is brutal.

I probably abuse PKT2 in all situations, probably sometimes to my detriment. It's probably responsible for my second most amount of KO's, next to that sweet sweet backthrow.

Uses in Neutral:

Juggling - I would hate to play against me - it's such a killer harassment tool.
Mindgame KO - After juggles, I've caught a lot of people off-guard and KO'd at really low percents.
Gimp - tail whip stuns pretty nicely.
Projectile reflector - really useful against DDD's Gordos.
Escape - Hit myself to get out of bad situations.

Top Bottom