• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

ProphessorX

Neo Member
Got wrecked by WFtrainer, Megaman, and Palutena. Was genuinely surprised by how easily gimped I was by the last one.

Ganondorf has a hard time with any projectile character. It can be done and I do like his patient style that teaches you to do good reads on your opponent, but even Mega's lemons are hard to dance around.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Got wrecked by WFtrainer, Megaman, and Palutena. Was genuinely surprised by how easily gimped I was by the last one.

Ganondorf has a hard time with any projectile character. It can be done and I do like his patient style that teaches you to do good reads on your opponent, but even Mega's lemons are hard to dance around.

I find with the powerful heavyweights is that you can't really use your powerful attacks, with Projectile spammers and speedy characters you basically have to wait for them and punish them after they attack.

Projectile based characters really can boss around the likes of Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede so as strong as they are they need to always play the defensive.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'm out Shamrock. Jesus christ that Ness. Really outclassed me. Good games.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Was that the regular PK Thunder or a custom, because damn, that thing killed at almost any percent.

GGs man. I thought you started to do better as the matches went along. Probably learned some of my habits

Fighting that Ness was interesting, but so taxing on my nerves. Kept trying to scoop up Ness with Hydro Pump during the PK Thunder but didn't have much success with that strategy. Would have stuck around longer, but it's already way too late here. May do a rematch one of these days. First time fighting a Mii. That Normal stage pick was an accident by the way.

I find with the powerful heavyweights is that you can't really use your powerful attacks, with Projectile spammers and speedy characters you basically have to wait for them and punish them after they attack.

Projectile based characters really can boss around the likes of Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede so as strong as they are they need to always play the defensive.

I've found bowser really effective this time around. I've won like 80% of matches with him in for glory. A lot of his attacks are surprisingly speedy.

King Dedede, on the other hand, I've found to be useless.

Was that the regular PK Thunder or a custom, because damn, that thing killed at almost any percent.

Regular. Honestly, the only custom I prefer over the default set for Ness is the Lucas PK Magnet, because it allows him to more safely suck up projectiles and if they run in, they potentially get hit by the magnet.

One of the pkfires is useless, the other doesn't trap characters so you can't follow up.

The PK Flash that goes up is useless because you can just jump and PK Flash, and have more control, lol. I haven't unlocked Freeze but I heard it isn't good.

The lucas PK Thunder is nice, but I don't see a noticeable difference in the recovery distance, and the loss of power in PK2 sucks. The other one is more powerful, but damn the recovery sucks, and it is too slow to really harass.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Regular. Honestly, the only custom I prefer over the default set for Ness is the Lucas PK Magnet, because it allows him to more safely suck up projectiles and if they run in, they potentially get hit by the magnet.

One of the pkfires is useless, the other doesn't trap characters so you can't follow up.

The PK Flash that goes up is useless because you can just jump and PK Flash, and have more control, lol. I haven't unlocked Freeze but I heard it isn't good.

The lucas PK Thunder is nice, but I don't see a noticeable difference in the recovery distance, and the loss of power in PK2 sucks. The other one is more powerful, but damn the recovery sucks, and it is too slow to really harass.

Okay, it was the regular one after all. Not used to being hit by it so consistently. Very scary move.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I've found bowser really effective this time around. I've won like 80% of matches with him in for glory. A lot of his attacks are surprisingly speedy.

King Dedede, on the other hand, I've found to be useless.

I try to not play Bowser. If I can successfully read an opponent I am already set to win. He's real good and I like the fact he is good. Ganondorf though...

Falawful

Played a bunch of matches against a ridiculous Greninja earlier, who played him with a skill I'd never seen before. Out of maybe 15 matches I won like two. And I worked damn hard for them too. His name was Lizard3 or something like that. GGs, wherever you are. The poor guy who came in after him had to face my Yoshi in a very heightened and aggravated state lol.

Also I walk away for an hour and NOW you all want to play, I see how it is. Anyone left for some 1v1s?

Cool_M

Played a bunch of matches against a ridiculous Greninja earlier, who played him with a skill I'd never seen before. Out of maybe 15 matches I won like two. And I worked damn hard for them too. His name was Lizard3 or something like that. GGs, wherever you are. The poor guy who came in after him had to face my Yoshi in a very heightened and aggravated state lol.

Also I walk away for an hour and NOW you all want to play, I see how it is. Anyone left for some 1v1s?

If your still here I'll take your challenge fc in profile

Jrs3000

GGs! I wish I could pull off that greninja hydro pump edge guard, but I lack the coordination for it.

With practice I'm sure you can pull it off. It's hard to get catch someone just right with the place to push them far away from the level.

Anybody up for some 1v1's?

2277-6630-8686

FC in profile.

Can someone tell me how to unlock time stock please?

Check here. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...goHgBg&usg=AFQjCNGiBo-IR9499AsBuSeL2JVq3deiBw

I got lagged out of my For Glory match, so I turned off the wireless so I could get back to the menu (the loading logo was there for 2 minutes, and I couldn't activate the Home screen). Now I get to wait for the 10 minute penalty.

That's one way to get a win, I suppose.

Falawful

Last match I have to vote tomorrow

GGs, that was my last one too. Good Megaman there. Had no idea his projectiles could be more annoying than Samus', the lemons pretty much stop errythang. Felt hopeless with a couple characters, others a bit easier to handle.

Top Bottom