• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

I figured Elwind had to spike, but it seems like it has to be at a certain distance or something. I'm just glad we've got a character in the finals that isn't a regular.

Tip%20the%20Scales%20in%20Your%20Favor%20-%20Maximizing%20Bonding%20Capacity.jpg

Wow... just look at them tipping :eek:

Azure J

Rosa's dair definitely spikes.

And Elwind spikes are glorious when you land them.

The few times I've messed with Rosalina, I've never gotten the dair to spike. I thought they removed it thinking about the rest of the kit she has. :lol

As for Robin, I'm beginning to feel as though my prerequisites for Smash mains are sword/blade normals, having the ability to combo into a spike/having a really crazy looking spike, and being relatively fast. Projectiles are nice on a case by case basis.

The few times I've messed with Rosalina, I've never gotten the dair to spike. I thought they removed it thinking about the rest of the kit she has. :lol

As for Robin, I'm beginning to feel as though my prerequisites for Smash mains are sword/blade normals, having the ability to combo into a spike/having a really crazy looking spike, and being relatively fast. Projectiles are nice on a case by case basis.

I generally find Robin clicks with me pretty well, but then again Robin doesn't require any real comboing from you. It's more about manipulating space and trying to control the pace of the match :3

Moonlight

Banned

I've got some bad news for you.

runs slower than bowser :(

Azure J

I've got some bad news for you.

runs slower than bowser :(

I noticed. :(

I imagine the funky projectiles will make up for that though. Until Sakurai puts a fast paced sword wielder with projectiles in at least... :p

Everytime Fox says "Fire" I think of MODOK from UMVC3.

Man I knew there was something else I was hearing every time I heard Smash 4 Fox do that. :lol

makes sense, Robin is from Awakening after all

Well played.

I still haven't learned the lesson of closing twitch chat immediately, so I'm slowly starting to get irked by the folk who seem to come into every smash 4 stream like clockwork and complain about the game and how their game (melee/project M/whatever) is 'objectively' better. Seriously... if they don't like the new game there's streams showing the ones they care about to go watch, you don't catch folk like me who are glad to leave the older titles behind going into streams for them and being a jerk ¬.¬

Revven

I still haven't learned the lesson of closing twitch chat immediately, so I'm slowly starting to get irked by the folk who seem to come into every smash 4 stream like clockwork and complain about the game and how their game (melee/project M/whatever) is 'objectively' better. Seriously... if they don't like the new game there's streams showing the ones they care about to go watch, you don't catch folk like me who are glad to leave the older titles behind going into streams for them and being a jerk ¬.¬

Welcome to Twitch chat where 99% of the chat cannot be taken seriously and is largely unusable.

Rule #1 of Twitch chat: never look at Twitch chat

besides, many of these people will turn around and say Melee sucks in a Melee stream, a lot of them are just trolls

I TOLD you to stop hanging around there!

Welcome to Twitch chat where 99% of the chat cannot be taken seriously and is largely unusable.

Yeah, they do seem to be havens for spammers and trolls :/

Rule #1 of Twitch chat: never look at Twitch chat

besides, many of these people will turn around and say Melee sucks in a Melee stream, a lot of them are just trolls

I TOLD you to stop hanging around there!

:p
On SOME of the chats people have been nice and I've been able to answer questions. It doesn't feel like this VGBC one is going to be one of them, however :/

Yeah, they do seem to be havens for spammers and trolls :/

:p
On SOME of the chats people have been nice and I've been able to answer questions. It doesn't feel like this VGBC one is going to be one of them, however :/

bigger audience=more trolls, VGBC is pulling over 5k whereas some of the other ones you've been on are a few hundred at best

if you think it's bad here, remember that LoL Worlds/The International/Evo are completely unreadable

DooD1234

This Robin pretty amazing. Great use of arc fires. And that dive to spike with Elwind only to KO with bair after stealing the ledge from Rob.

DaBoss

It seemed like Vinnie was not playing well till halfway through his second stock.

I was surprised how many times arcfire actually connected.

DaBoss

Diddy is such an annoying character to watch. Really hope it doesn't win the tournament. Need more SDs.

Only feel this way about Diddy. Such a safe character.

It feels like more and more tournaments seem to end up being 1 interesting character that you don't see widely played in tournaments making it to finals (Ike, Robin), only to be bodied by Diddy so hard that they end up trying a different character :p

Blizzard

Banned
It feels like more and more tournaments seem to end up being 1 interesting character that you don't see widely played in tournaments making it to finals (Ike, Robin), only to be bodied by Diddy so hard that they end up trying a different character :p
I must have been lucky because this is literally the first tournament I can remember watching that had Diddy Kong in the final 2. I've maybe seen Greninja, Ness, Zero-Suit Samus, Sheik (more than once?), but no Diddy.

I must have been lucky because this is literally the first tournament I can remember watching that had Diddy Kong in the final 2. I've maybe seen Greninja, Ness, Zero-Suit Samus, Sheik (more than once?), but no Diddy.

This is the 3rd or 4th for me. In fact, Nairo has the fact they got utteryly destroyed by JTails's Diddy last tournie they faced each other weighing over them.
Generally when there's a diddy in the brackets somewhere they tend to get pretty high :/

Blizzard

Banned
This is the 3rd or 4th for me. In fact, Nairo has the fact they got utteryly destroyed by JTails's Diddy last tournie they faced each other weighing over them.
Generally when there's a diddy in the brackets somewhere they tend to get pretty high :/
Ah, I'm glad to hear that then. I never knew Diddy was very good, so it's nice to see some Donkey Kong representation.

*edit* I also thought people didn't like Dark Pit because of him being largely a clone. He seemed to do pretty well there.

Top Bottom