• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Ah man, good games dood! I think all that abuse has taught me some very valuable lessons that I should've learned from our GAF tournament.

I know you couldn't tell but our last 2 rounds I was trying very hard to break that habbit of rolling. It's something I got so used to so it's almost like a reflex where I can't help but do it when I feel i'm being attacked.

I'll definitely take that into consideration and improve my game. Thanks.

DooD1234

Okay GG CosmicDreams. I will admit you are getting better with Rob slowly. You even decided to chase after your opponent rather then let me come down and start over from square one. I really wish this game has some kind of escape grab command though.

Word of advice try not to be roll happy. In case you haven't notice I was hitting where you were going to roll and not hitting where you just standing. As Rob I think you try to be risky and jump out of the stage and start kicking people around. Rob has one of the better recoveries so he can go pretty far just know your limit.

Also I hate Rob, so annoying with his gyroid and nair that last forever I swear.

Okay GG CosmicDreams. I will admit you are getting better with Rob slowly. You even decided to chase after your opponent rather then let me come down and start over from square one. I really wish this game has some kind of escape grab command though.

Word of advice try not to be roll happy. In case you haven't notice I was hitting where you were going to roll and not hitting where you just standing. As Rob I think you try to be risky and jump out of the stage and start kicking people around. Rob has one of the better recoveries so he can go pretty far just know your limit.

Also I hate Rob, so annoying with his gyroid and nair that last forever I swear.

Ah definitely. Thank you very much for these games and those brutal punishes. I definitely can tell you're solid at your game since you're good with all those characters.

I'll take time to improve my game more when the wii u version comes out so let's play again sometime! If you're getting that version as well, PM me so we can play on there.

Flowmoney

Good games.

I've been playing too many 2v2 matches with Ike that I suck when I do 1v1 with him. My style of play is all out of tune.

GGs man , your Ike showed no sympathy towards me.

I was running into smashes and paying the cost for it.

I got a long way till I will even be good and need some character that I really can progress with.

NateDrake

GGs man , your Ike showed no sympathy towards me.

I was running into smashes and paying the cost for it.

I got a long way till I will even be good and need some character that I really can progress with.

You played well with Wii Fit trainer. Seemed like a nice fit for you.

Just preordered my Smash Wii U Bundle from Best Buy. Found one store semi-nearby that's doing pick up so that means I'm getting:

1 Smash Wii U copy
1 Controller
1 GCN Adapter
1 Mario Amiibo
1 Pikachu Amiibo
1 Villager Amiibo

My brother's getting another adapter plus three controllers and a marth amiibo the same day. Gonna work on the second set of controllers another day.

Yeah, i'm done with my holiday shopping. lol

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Welp, got everyone to 200k in Smash Run; no new hat, but this was a funny race result.
MaTvIQv.jpg

k_hop

What is the recovery like on Link's projectiles?

Which is the most/least safe?

Bow is punishable at low % / super close range even on-hit. It's for this reason you'll see "bow spam" from far away: there isn't much other use for the move. It has a deceptively high amount of cool-down, such that you can't even do a full (single) jump and use it without getting landing lag unless you do it at the *very* peak of the jump.

Bombs, it's more an issue of the start-up. The actual throwing doesn't leave him vulnerable for long, if at all. (I really need to use this move more consistently, it's good)

Boomerang is again mostly start-up, but it's kind of a doozy there--if he does it well within someone's roll range, they're liable to be able to punish him afterwards. Recovery is mostly a non-issue since you can shield as soon as it's on the field, and you're not locked into the animation for catching it when it comes back.

Jrs3000

Bow is punishable at low % / super close range even on-hit. It's for this reason you'll see "bow spam" from far away: there isn't much other use for the move. It has a deceptively high amount of cool-down, such that you can't even do a full (single) jump and use it without getting landing lag unless you do it at the *very* peak of the jump.

Bombs, it's more an issue of the start-up. The actual throwing doesn't leave him vulnerable for long, if at all. (I really need to use this move more consistently, it's good)

Boomerang is again mostly start-up, but it's kind of a doozy there--if he does it well within someone's roll range, they're liable to be able to punish him afterwards. Recovery is mostly a non-issue since you can shield as soon as it's on the field, and you're not locked into the animation for catching it when it comes back.

up for a match?

k_hop

GGS. Good batles, how was compared to last time we fought?

I'm trying to remember, you played Sonic last time right? Definitely an improvement with Greninja.

edit: Wait, I might be thinking of jrdev's Sonic. I can't actually recall our last matches!

Thank you.

SoldnerKei

yesterday I had my first losing streak in a while, fought a ROB in FG, dude was totally insane, learned how this new ROB plays now, but still couldn't beat him even once out of like 7 games, it was a good experience

but in 2 more weeks we'll be playing the Wii U version and I'll find you there and get my revenge!!

So my 3DS analog slider started crapping out on me yesterday. It was extremely difficult to run/slam right and all directions were pretty sluggish. I didn't spill anything on it, but the rubber on the slider has been falling off for a while, so I'm thinking there might be stuff falling into the cracks. I couldn't see anything when shining a flashlight on it, though. Has anybody experienced this before who might have some tips? I've had it since launch so it's definitely out of warranty. I'd hate to get it repaired when I plan on getting a New 3DS whenever they launch in NA.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm surprised this thread is still in gaming and not moved to the community forum.

Oh yeah. I didn't realized that it already passed the deadline. You could send a private message to moderators and ask them to move this thread to Community Forum.

eRonin

Yay, I can finally post on neogaf =)

I'd love to be able to play with some of you guys. My friend code is 3969-5180-1975. Note that I live in Sydney though, so if you don't want to deal with that lag, that's fine.

So my 3DS analog slider started crapping out on me yesterday. It was extremely difficult to run/slam right and all directions were pretty sluggish. I didn't spill anything on it, but the rubber on the slider has been falling off for a while, so I'm thinking there might be stuff falling into the cracks. I couldn't see anything when shining a flashlight on it, though. Has anybody experienced this before who might have some tips? I've had it since launch so it's definitely out of warranty. I'd hate to get it repaired when I plan on getting a New 3DS whenever they launch in NA.

Anybody?

Yikes... I played a bit of project m and melee and came back to this... Its really slow. I guess ill just have to wait for Project M 2.0 Wii U.

FluxWaveZ

It's a weird thing when I barely encounter lag against players with Japanese names I go against, yet I just went against a person with an English name after that and it lagged immensely.

Thorakai

So my circle pad seems to be wearing down...its getting stuck on left/right movements and not resseting quick enough for me to dash. Recalibrating doesn't seem to work so far. Anyone run into the same issue and have a suggestion to make things better?

Afrocious

Just got this game today. Woo!

Loving it so far, but I sure do need practice. I'm looking to main Rosalina since I like the way she plays. My big issue is with movement and using the circle to be precise enough to move, yet folks online seem to work with it fine :(

entremet

It's a weird thing when I barely encounter lag against players with Japanese names I go against, yet I just went against a person with an English name after that and it lagged immensely.

Japan has great internet infrastructure. So does South Korea. I think they're all fiber or mostly fiber.

FluxWaveZ

Japan has great internet infrastructure. So does South Korea. I think they're all fiber or mostly fiber.

But the distance should still be an issue between me and them, yet it's oddly not, for the most part. In other fighting games I've played, going against players in Japan causes noticeable input lag, but in SSB4, it's usually fine. Weird stuff, unless SSB4's online just works really differently.

ReiGun

Just got done a long session as mostly Zero Suit.

...So this is what top tier feels like. (Note: I'm still ass with the character lol)

Top Bottom