• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

kewlmyc

Yes.

Outside of Neutral B and Forward B, they're functionally identical.

I prefer Pit, due to his superior forward B and his neutral B is better at chasing opponents off stage.

Yeah I knew that other than arrows and his side B, that they are the same, but I thought that most people were of the opinion that DP's side B is better than Pit's. It seems to KO much better.

Yes.

I prefer Pit, due to his superior forward B and his neutral B is better at chasing opponents off stage.

It's still crazy that they didn't just make Dark Pit an alt instead of a clone. Are two slightly different specials enough to warrant a clone slot?

Revven

Yes.

Actually, Ftilt is supposedly weaker for Dark Pit so that's another difference. However, even though it might seem like a bad thing that means Ftilt for Dark Pit is better at starting stuff vs Pit's Ftilt.

At least, that's what I read on Smashboards. Also, Side B being superior for Pit is debatable because Dark Pit's purpose for Side B is edgeguarding/gimping. If you can predict someone's recovery trajectory with Dark Pit Side B, it's a really damn good egedguard (esp. vs Little Mac). I mean, I guess Pit's would be better in more situations but still. :p

PK Gaming

GO NAIRO GO!!!

Actually, Ftilt is supposedly weaker for Dark Pit so that's another difference. However, even though it might seem like a bad thing that means Ftilt for Dark Pit is better at starting stuff vs Pit's Ftilt.

At least, that's what I read on Smashboards.

Oh that's very interesting. Do you have a link to that post?

Yeah I knew that other than arrows and his side B, that they are the same, but I thought that most people were of the opinion that DP's side B is better than Pit's. It seems to KO much better.

Your mileage may vary; Dark Pit's forward B can only kill near the edge whereas Pit's can consistently KO on the center of the stage.

PK Gaming

nairo :bow :bow :bow :bow

"A good tactician has nothing to fear"

tumblr_melfo2cnzq1rmbqfwo1_400.gif

Lol! I'm a prophet :3

In chat on the last round of the last match between ZeRo and Nairo I said "I predict that if zero loses, the killing blow will be a downsmash."

...about 10 seconds later fox is sent sailing into the stars by a downsmash :3

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Lol! I'm a prophet :3

In chat on the last round of the last match between ZeRo and Nairo I said "I predict that if zero loses, the killing blow will be a downsmash."

...about 10 seconds later fox is sent sailing into the stars by a downsmash :3
You're in one of their rooms, huh?

DaBoss

I guess everyone is watching the VGBC stream.

I guess I'll watch too.
I like tier list, but only if they come in match up chart form :p
I don't hate tier lists either. :p

I just don't like it when people present their own lists as facts instead of their thoughts. And yea, providing match-up data would be really nice.

And speaking of Charizard...he is on stream.
So Smashgaf, which Lan adapter should I get before the game hits? Seems like there are tons of non official products and I don't wanna order a defective knockoff.
This is the one I use: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00484IEJS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Works well on the Wii and Wii U.

DaBoss

^I thought I read that Ethernet is slower on the Wii U than wireless? Is that true?
I'm not exactly sure about that. I do remember reading that thread though. Maybe they've fixed it?

I've experienced increased speeds when downloading games using the LAN adapter compared to Wi-Fi.

The main benefit of a LAN adapter compared to Wi-Fi is stability which can lead to a better online experience.

Azure J

People get so unreasonably mad when RosaLuma wins in this one, gosh. :lol

That said, damn I got so sad seeing Nairo lose like that.

Azure J

I DIDNT KNOW ROBIN HAD AN ELWIND SPIKE

OFFICIALLY ADDING TO LIST OF MAINS

AHHHH

On that note, does Rosalina's dair spike or am I seeing things?

Moonlight

Banned
tumblr_ncpgjxHpFg1r3sgz9o3_400.gif

NAIROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHAT A GODDDDDD

I DIDNT KNOW ROBIN HAD AN ELWIND SPIKE

OFFICIALLY ADDING TO LIST OF MAINS

AHHHH

On that note, does Rosalina's dair spike or am I seeing things?
Rosa's dair definitely spikes.

And Elwind spikes are glorious when you land them.

Top Bottom