• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

k_hop

GGs KHop.

Not really

MV5BMjIyODA2NDg4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjg4NDAwMw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Fuck Angelina Jolie, I am salt right now

georly

Ok, to anyone who's played a lot of Smash Run:

What the hell determines how many points a character gets for powers? Like, why does dedede have 26 or something, but others have like, 18? Is it based on a fighter's mobility?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Ok, to anyone who's played a lot of Smash Run:

What the hell determines how many points a character gets for powers? Like, why does dedede have 26 or something, but others have like, 18? Is it based on a fighter's mobility?
Initial is by weight; can be manipulated by speed I think.

I can pick another character if Pikachu is annoying you. Just ask. I am not offended.

GGs Magius. Feedback, and I welcome some from you as well:
1) You use Bowser's Dair and d.B a lot, and get punished for it. While I punished them inconsistently, if there were no input lag, your rewards would have been fewer. I signed every time I lost my shield to d.B, because I was letting go of the shield after the inititial hit to get a punish. Eventually I just started dodging out of the way and going for smaller punishes for safety.

2) I never saw you air dodge cancel with Bowser, but it helped me open you up several times. Do you know how to do this?

3) When returning to the ground, never go for the aerial unless you are certain it will hit. I got a lot of Fortress punishes off of this.

4) Bowser has four moves good for punishing. Grab, f.B, d.B, and u.B. I think you underutilized d.B a lot, since it punishes for the best % and kills.

5) I am not sure what the point of double jumping to approach is. I am not sure if it ever did you any good. I have seen ZeRo do this, but it never got him anything, either.

6) f.smash is garbage outside of punishes. It gets stuffed by everything. No Tough Guy bonus, it seems.

7) The ledge attack is fully invincible. Once I finished experimenting against your f.smash ledge guard with other options (all bad it seems), it never hit me again.

8) You have 5 options when leaving the ledge. Are familiar with all of them? I think I only saw you use 3.

9) Not really advice, but wow @ Pikachu's shock sending Gordo's back. I wish Fire Breath were so lucky...

10) Show me your Ganondorf next time! I mained him in Brawl, but his face in this game...

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I can pick another character if Pikachu is annoying you. Just ask. I am not offended.

GGs Magius. Feedback, and I welcome some from you as well:
1) You use Bowser's Dair and d.B a lot, and get punished for it. While I punished them inconsistently, if there were no input lag, your rewards would have been fewer. I signed every time I lost my shield to d.B, because I was letting go of the shield after the inititial hit to get a punish. Eventually I just started dodging out of the way and going for smaller punishes for safety.

2) I never saw you air dodge cancel with Bowser, but it helped me open you up several times. Do you know how to do this?

3) When returning to the ground, never go for the aerial unless you are certain it will hit. I got a lot of Fortress punishes off of this.

4) Bowser has four moves good for punishing. Grab, f.B, d.B, and u.B. I think you underutilized d.B a lot, since it punishes for the best % and kills.

5) I am not sure what the point of double jumping to approach is. I am not sure if it ever did you any good. I have seen ZeRo do this, but it never got him anything, either.

6) f.smash is garbage outside of punishes. It gets stuffed by everything. No Tough Guy bonus, it seems.

7) The ledge attack is fully invincible. Once I finished experimenting against your f.smash ledge guard with other options (all bad it seems), it never hit me again.

8) You have 5 options when leaving the ledge. Are familiar with all of them? I think I only saw you use 3.

9) Not really advice, but wow @ Pikachu's shock sending Gordo's back. I wish Fire Breath were so lucky...

10) Show me your Ganondorf next time! I mained him in Brawl, but his face in this game...

2. No I do not. How is that done?

8. What are the other 2?

10. As for Ganondorf I could try him but honestly I kinda suck with him. Even if I do want to main him.

Main problem I have in general is my Circle Pad isn't in the best of shape so I can't react as quick like I would with an actual controller.

Yeah the double jumping does seem kinda pointless when I think about it.

I will remember your advice though.

And Pikachu doesn't annoy me. What you can do with the base character is fair game. You play to win and only way people will learn is by losing to those tactics and learning from them.

-----------------------

Hmmmm....feedback...can't really think of any. As it stands you are the better Bowser player. I guess take note that Up tilt hits above and behind you but not in front. And Down Tilt is good for edge guarding sometimes and does over 10% damage.

I also wouldn't always start with a jumping Flame Breath, practically guaranteed to get punished for it afterwards.

DooD1234

Thought I share some of my online matches from fellow gaffers. Unfortunately the quality may not be good as I recorded and uploaded them using my ipad. I hope it not too hard to watch. Enjoy. Oh and feel free to comment on them.

http://youtu.be/A9-KZRIzJuI

http://youtu.be/_L3E4swXA_A

http://youtu.be/nDC-6cSrhI4

http://youtu.be/oOxrW22oIEQ

Bonus. This is some match from For Glory. First one I'm not quite sure how I got that spike and the second I got that KO win by reading that Fox like a third grade textbook

http://youtu.be/OZi0bfLtuvI

http://youtu.be/LV6p_PSvexo

I only start with Fire Breath because it covers the screen and I can't see what is going on for the first two seconds of the fight. It is a good way to make people stay away! :p

Dtilt is a great ledge guard, I agree. I am trying to find other good stuff, though, because when people use the roll recovery off of the ledge, I use it because it looks like they are recovering in front of me. Then I get punished because the move has so many frames. I usually only use Dtilt against people camping the ledge.

Yeah, I need to use utilt better, and more often. I rarely use it, Nair, and dsmash. The latter two are just shifty moves, I think. Utilt deserves more love.
2. No I do not. How is that done?

8. What are the other 2?

10. As for Ganondorf I could try him but honestly I kinda suck with him. Even if I do want to main him.

Main problem I have in general is my Circle Pad isn't in the best of shape so I can't react as quick like I would with an actual controller.

Yeah the double jumping does seem kinda pointless when I think about it.

I will remember your advice though.

And Pikachu doesn't annoy me. What you can do with the base character is fair game. You play to win and only way people will learn is by losing to those tactics and learning from them.
This particular dodge cancel tech only works with Bowser. Hop, immediately air dodge, and right as you hit the floor, use a special move. Usually, I use Fortress. You will go right from invincibility to Fortress.

The other two ledge enders are tapping shield to roll onto the stage, and tapping back to let go. Bowser can make good use of the first one. Roll onti the stage and Fortress catches a lot of people off guard.

The circle pad sucks. We both did stupid stuff because of it. :p

Who

Banned
Who's everyone's best character in online?

Mines villager. 196/305 battles won. Next best is Shiek with 54/124. Yikes.

Top Bottom