• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Oh yeah, I had a pretty epic KO today. I spiked someone with Bowser's Dair off stage, and I figured I would just die with them, but my opponent was Megaman. I spiked him right as Rush appeared, and Rush bounced me back to safety! I think I will try that more often against MM players.

DooD1234

Oh yeah, I had a pretty epic KO today. I spiked someone with Bowser's Dair off stage, and I figured I would just die with them, but my opponent was Megaman. I spiked him right as Rush appeared, and Rush bounced me back to safety! I think I will try that more often against MM players.
You have replay? Sounds hilarious

DooD1234

What gave me away? Haha, She's new for me, so I really don't have much of an idea how to play her. I was never a Marth player either, so this is all new to me.
Ah, okay. That explains the inexperience. Hmm, not sure if CPU would help but learning your sword range would be very helpful. Just learn to get a feel of how far you can hit your opponent. After all you have a sword so no need to hit at close range.

Ah, okay. That explains the inexperience. Hmm, not sure if CPU would help but learning your sword range would be very helpful. Just learn to get a feel of how far you can hit your opponent. After all you have a sword so no need to hit at close range.
Oh yeah, that's something I haven't even thought about much. I'm so used to using Mario.

Magius, would you be interested in helping each other deal with projectile spam? I could pick Bowser whike you use a projectile character, then we swap after a while, etc.

You have replay? Sounds hilarious
I don't. Can those even be uploaded? I haven't explored the feature.

DooD1234

Magius, would you be interested in helping each other deal with projectile spam? I could pick Bowser whike you use a projectile character, then we swap after a while, etc.

I don't. Can those even be uploaded? I haven't explored the feature.
Sadly no way to upload, only way is to record through something else and upload it to youtube.

Ricky 7

Browser is meant to be defensive. He doesn't have good offensive options unless he is in your face.
Do you have any tips against him? They always wait for me to come and attack and if I don't they just stand there. >_< Also when I try to land from the air or dodge behind them they just use that Up B move. How do you avoid that move.
I have to resort to spamming projectiles to beat him and that's not something I enjoy that much unless I'm using Samus.

Good games, man! Haha, sorry I couldn't bring more to the table, but that gave me a lot of stuff to work for the next few weeks. Next time we play, I promise to bring more of a challenge with me.

Funny you mention tilts, that's what I'm most excited for with the Wii U version. I've never really used tilts much in past Smash games, as I never really wanted to look into the more complex elements of Smash until recently. I'm having a hard time doing them with the circle pad, so I'm hoping the Gamecube controller will help me get used to using them faster.

Sadly no way to upload, only way is to record through something else and upload it to youtube.
Blarg. I am thinking about getting a capture card for the Wii U version.

Do you have any tips against him? They always wait for me to come and attack and if I don't they just stand there. >_< Also when I try to land from the air or dodge behind them they just use that Up B move. How do you avoid that move.
I have to resort to spamming projectiles to beat him and that's not something I enjoy that much unless I'm using Samus.
I have endless tips, but I need to know who you are using! Even better if we can play a set so I can see what you do wrong. My FC is in mg profile if you want to add me. PM me yours.

If you are recovering, do not ever try to attack Bowser. Go to the ledge every time over recovering on the platform, unless you have a ranged tool to let you land safely. Any aerial attack, even without landing lag, can be punished by Fortress. Dodges also have recovery time when you land, so don't use those close to the stage.

Fortress (up B) is punishable if you block it, as well.

When Bowser gets close to you, I think it is generally best to go for grabs. Unless your attacks have more range than his.

DooD1234

Good games, man! Haha, sorry I couldn't bring more to the table, but that gave me a lot of stuff to work for the next few weeks. Next time we play, I promise to bring more of a challenge with me.

Funny you mention tilts, that's what I'm most excited for with the Wii U version. I've never really used tilts much in past Smash games, as I never really wanted to look into the more complex elements of Smash until recently. I'm having a hard time doing them with the circle pad, so I'm hoping the Gamecube controller will help me get used to using them faster.
Good games man. You have a long way to go but you get there. We all been there where we just get bodied by everyone in every match.

How I use tilts is that I just lightly press the direction I want to hit. As Marth I learn how to slowly walk towards my opponent rather than rush towards them as I gotta aim for those tippers. Judging by how you play, you definitely smash your circle pad hard. You either come rushing at me or throwing smash attacks around.

Jrs3000

Good games man. You have a long way to go but you get there. We all been there where we just get bodied by everyone in every match.

How I use tilts is that I just lightly press the direction I want to hit. As Marth I learn how to slowly walk towards my opponent rather than rush towards them as I gotta aim for those tippers. Judging by how you play, you definitely smash your circle pad hard. You either come rushing at me or throwing smash attacks around.

match?

That's definitely my style: mash that circle pad and rush them down. Another one of my pesky bad habits from only playing with 4 people until recently.

And I don't mind being bodied, as long as I'm learning. Thanks again! And definitely rematch me sometime so I can make sure I'm getting better.

Does it work on other systems? I want something for my PS4 as well so I can record Xrd stuff.
Yeah, I'd double check, but I believe one of the recent PS4 updates made it compatible. It definitely works with multiple systems, though.

Beats

Not sure if it's known, but you can sort of do a spike with Zelda's N-air similar to how Shiek can do one with her Up-Air. You have to fastfall it on an airborne opponent and make sure it doesn't do the hits at the end. Seems like it'd only be useful near the edge though.

JoeInky

This particular dodge cancel tech only works with Bowser. Hop, immediately air dodge, and right as you hit the floor, use a special move. Usually, I use Fortress. You will go right from invincibility to Fortress.

That's not Bowser specific tech actually if you're just talking about cancelling landing lag in general by using a B move, and it can also be used to cancel landing lag from some aerials (you can cancel a full hop Ganondorf Fair into a B move as well as a DK Fair into a B move), apparently the game treats B inputs differently to normal attacks.

Can't be used for any of Bowser's aerials from what I can tell though. he actually has pretty good landing lag on his short hop insta FAirs and BAirs and the other 3 aerials don't seem to have any IASA frames on them.

Not sure if it's known, but you can sort of do a spike with Zelda's N-air similar to how Shiek can do one with her Up-Air. You have to fastfall it on an airborne opponent and make sure it doesn't do the hits at the end. Seems like it'd only be useful near the edge though.

Most multihit moves that have a vacuum affect to keep people trapped in for all the hits apply some amount of the attacking players momentum to the trapped player, so pretty much any move like that has a semi-spike when you do it fast-falled (Sheik UAir, Zelda NAir, Fox FAir, Ness FAir, etc).

Beats

Most multihit moves that have a vacuum affect to keep people trapped in for all the hits apply some amount of the attacking players momentum to the trapped player, so pretty much any move like that has a semi-spike when you do it fast-falled (Sheik UAir, Zelda NAir, Fox FAir, Ness FAir, etc).

I see. Thanks for the info.

JoeInky

Marth's tipper'd FSmash is seriously good, I got KO'd at 70% just for forgetting about it.

Anyone want to do some 1v1s? I'm getting sick of For Glory's lack of platforms.

Moondrop

Banned
I'm really enjoying Mii fighters, specifically Brawler. Probably my favorite use of Miis yet. The only downside is finding new outfits/it's difficult to decide which color tracksuit.

What what?? New Bowser recovery tech?
http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=ZeGKhFgCTrw

That's not Bowser specific tech actually if you're just talking about cancelling landing lag in general by using a B move, and it can also be used to cancel landing lag from some aerials (you can cancel a full hop Ganondorf Fair into a B move as well as a DK Fair into a B move), apparently the game treats B inputs differently to normal attacks.

Can't be used for any of Bowser's aerials from what I can tell though. he actually has pretty good landing lag on his short hop insta FAirs and BAirs and the other 3 aerials don't seem to have any IASA frames on them.

I just double checked, and what you said does not seem to exist. I could not cancel Ganondorf's air dodge or fair into f.B during a hop. I would love a video providing otherwise, along with an explanation.Until then, this is unique to Bowser.

Marth's tipper'd FSmash is seriously good, I got KO'd at 70% just for forgetting about it.

Anyone want to do some 1v1s? I'm getting sick of For Glory's lack of platforms.
FC?

Video isn't working for me? I'd really like to see this.
I just tried and it worked again. If you are at a PC, take out the "m."part.

Want to practice against keep away with me?

Edit: I only got the cancel to work once. I don't know what the trick is yet. The guy hasn't explained it yet.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I just tried and it worked again. If you are at a PC, take out the "m."part.

Want to practice against keep away with me?

Edit: I only got the cancel to work once. I don't know what the trick is yet. The guy hasn't explained it yet.

Nah maybe 9pm EST. Got a 8 hour workshift waiting in about 1.5 hours. I do want some Ganondorf practice though.

JoeInky

I just double checked, and what you said does not seem to exist. I could not cancel Ganondorf's air dodge or fair into f.B during a hop. I would love a video providing otherwise, along with an explanation.Until then, this is unique to Bowser.

FC?

4596-9442-7695

I'll just show you what I mean with Ganon, it is pretty hard to do but it's definitely possible, might not really be that useful until we can use GCN controllers though.

JoeInky

It basically needs to be a full hop insta-nair, you can cancel it into a Side B or a Neutral B just before you hit the ground.

I think what happens is the move has IASA frames somewhere near the end of the animation, but you can only cancel it with B moves for some reason.

I assume you can also cancel it with wizards foot, but I can't do it without fastfalling and landing too early.

E: Too laggy, karsticles?

E2: I guess I should clarify that you can cancel the landing lag on the move, not necessarily the move itself, if that's what you thought I meant.

It basically needs to be a full hop insta-nair, you can cancel it into a Side B or a Neutral B just before you hit the ground.

I think what happens is the move has IASA frames somewhere near the end of the animation, but you can only cancel it with B moves for some reason.

I assume you can also cancel it with wizards foot, but I can't do it without fastfalling and landing too early.
That is extremely different from what I was describing with Bowser.

Also, that lag is too much for me to enjoy.

JoeInky

That is extremely different from what I was describing with Bowser.

Also, that lag is too much for me to enjoy.

Wasn't what you were describing just cancelling the landing lag of an action by using a B-Move as you hit the ground? Or am I missing something here?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Wasn't what you were describing just cancelling the landing lag of an action by using a B-Move as you hit the ground? Or am I missing something here?

Only works with Warlock Punch and Flame Choke. It does cancel landing lag though. Pretty neat. Now if only I could figure out the trick behind that Whirling Fortress landing cancel.

Edit: Wait. Works for Up tilt too. Might be useful. Works for Standard attack as well.

Timing is strict though.

JoeInky

Ok I've just been doing the Bowser tech, it's the exact same thing.

You're doing an action in midair in a way that the IASA frames start just before you hit the ground and then using a B move to cancel the landing lag you would normally get.

Bowser can cancel air dodges into all of his specials, Ganon can cancel full hop FAirs into all of his specials (Wizard foot can be done but it's an incredibly tight frame window and if you press it even a fraction too early, you get landing lag).

I've been told on Smashboards that DK can do it with his FAir as well, but you can't just instantly do the action as soon as you short/full hop, so I can't really test it as easily.

E: I can't seem to do it with standard attacks for Ganon, only his specials.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

You're doing an action in midair in a way that the IASA frames start just before you hit the ground and then using a B move to cancel the landing lag you would normally get.

Bowser can cancel air dodges into all of his specials, Ganon can cancel full hop FAirs into all of his specials (Wizard foot can be done but it's an incredibly tight frame window and if you press it even a fraction too early, you get landing lag).

I've been told on Smashboards that DK can do it with his FAir as well, but you can't just instantly do the action as soon as you short/full hop, so I can't really test it as easily.

I can do it consistently by rapidly pressing the button/direction immediately after the Nair at the peak of his second jump.

The Bowser Fortress cancel is weird though it shows him with no landing lag for just landing, into a standard attack and some specials. I wonder if he has customs on?

The Ganon Bair to special isn't a cancel. It just recovers.

Only Bowser can do air dodge -> special.

I can do it consistently by rapidly pressing the button/direction immediately after the Nair at the peak of his second jump.

The Bowser Fortress cancel is weird though it shows him with no landing lag for just landing, into a standard attack and some specials. I wonder if he has customs on?
He said no customs, and none of Bowser's custom whirls look like that.

Top Bottom