• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Ricky 7

I have endless tips, but I need to know who you are using! Even better if we can play a set so I can see what you do wrong. My FC is in mg profile if you want to add me. PM me yours.

If you are recovering, do not ever try to attack Bowser. Go to the ledge every time over recovering on the platform, unless you have a ranged tool to let you land safely. Any aerial attack, even without landing lag, can be punished by Fortress. Dodges also have recovery time when you land, so don't use those close to the stage.

Fortress (up B) is punishable if you block it, as well.

When Bowser gets close to you, I think it is generally best to go for grabs. Unless your attacks have more range than his.

K, thanks for the tips. I'll pm you my FC too

Fought someone who was using the Wario tech today.
Two-stocked him as DK

I played against some like that too, he just kept killing himself off the top of the screen.

JoeInky

The Ganon Bair to special isn't a cancel. It just recovers.

Only Bowser can do air dodge -> special.

The Ganon Fair doesn't recover though, if you don't use a B move, you get landing lag.

Also Charizard can do the exact same thing as Bowser, short hop Air Dodge -> Special, whereas if you don't do a special, you get a bit of landing lag first.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The Ganon Fair doesn't recover though, if you don't use a B move, you get landing lag.

Also Charizard can do the exact same thing as Bowser, short hop Air Dodge -> Special, whereas if you don't do a special, you get a bit of landing lag first.

Can anyone else Air dodge cancel like Bowser and Charizard?

You are right on Charizard. It seems like two can do it, then.

I am not getting fair to cancel into anything for Ganondorf, and I didn't see it happen during our match either.

So no equips that reduce landing impact then huh?
Supposedly, no.

K, thanks for the tips. I'll pm you my FC too

I played against some like that too, he just kept killing himself off the top of the screen.
Want to play now?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
You are right on Charizard. It seems like two can do it, then.

I am not getting fair to cancel into anything for Ganondorf, and I didn't see it happen during our match either.

Fair won't cancel. It is locked in animation. Only Nair does. Bair probably also possible.

Haven't tested the stomp or up air yet.

Also, out of like 30 tries, I got the Fortress lag to cancel like he does. So it is legit. I just can't replicate it. :-/

I hope he shares the trick. He makes it look easy.

JoeInky

Here's what I mean Karsticles. (excuse the terrible footage)

The move is clearly not just recovering, it's being cancelled into a special (You can tell because he does a grounded choke slam, it's not doing it in mid air, the game thinks he's landed on the ground).

Can anyone else Air dodge cancel like Bowser and Charizard?

I went through all the characters and just tested short hop air dodges into specials and all I found was Bowser, Link and Charizard. Everyone else either has their air dodge end before they hit the ground or they get landing lag.

There are a few characters that look like they can do it (e.g. Captain Falcon and Sheik), but the air dodge actually ends a few frames before they hit the ground meaning they can do any action, not just specials.

I imagine quite a few other characters have IASA frames on their Air Dodges, but those are the only ones that can short hop air dodge into special (which is probably the biggest use it has anyway, as an approach option).

I also didn't test Mii's, just because I can't be arsed making some for all the different heights or whatever.

I made a room, Jr.

Here's what I mean Karsticles. (excuse the terrible footage)

The move is clearly not just recovering, it's being cancelled into a special (You can tell because he does a grounded choke slam, it's not doing it in mid air, the game thinks he's landed on the ground).

I went through all the characters and just tested short hop air dodges into specials and all I found was Bowser, Link and Charizard. Everyone else either has their air dodge end before they hit the ground or they get landing lag.

There are a few characters that look like they can do it (e.g. Captain Falcon and Sheik), but the air dodge actually ends a few frames before they hit the ground meaning they can do any action, not just specials.

I imagine quite a few other characters have IASA frames on their Air Dodges, but those are the only ones that can short hop air dodge into special (which is probably the biggest use it has anyway, as an approach option).

I also didn't test Mii's, just because I can't be arsed making some for all the different heights or whatever.
Can you hop it, though? I wasn't testing full jumps.

Jrs3000

GGS got to run will be back later. Koopa man argh. I hate fighting him his moves do so much damage vs mine and he can hit me while taking hits argh.

Ricky 7

Just been practicing this short hop air dodge with Charizard and it's pretty good. He can do all his specials out of it and the A button cancels all the landing lag. Now I just need to incorporate it into my play style somehow.

No, in the first post about it I mentioned that it was full-hop only.

It's the same as the Bowser, Link and Charizard thing, just under different conditions.
Oh, I call a full hop a "jump". Hence my confusion.

GGS got to run will be back later. Koopa man argh. I hate fighting him his moves do so much damage vs mine and he can hit me while taking hits argh.
I think your main problem is that you are predictable. I kept expecting you to change things up, so I was conservative often, but when I played to your habits you went down quickly. Browser is all about reading your opponent's habits. Change it up more. Less of those dive kicks and water gushes onto the stage. Don't dodge all the way to the other side of the screen.

Bowser does good damage, but it makes up for how slow and limited he is. You SHOULD be able to hit him several times before he hits you. Greninja is fast and has a lot of options. He should die when his user makes a mistake.

Jrs3000

Oh, I call a full hop a "jump". Hence my confusion.

I think your main problem is that you are predictable. I kept expecting you to change things up, so I was conservative often, but when I played to your habits you went down quickly. Browser is all about reading your opponent's habits. Change it up more. Less of those dive kicks and water gushes onto the stage. Don't dodge all the way to the other side of the screen.

Bowser does good damage, but it makes up for how slow and limited he is. You SHOULD be able to hit him several times before he hits you. Greninja is fast and has a lot of options. He should die when his user makes a mistake.

I see, I'm working on new attack patterns but I haven't gotten them down yet. You up for a few more?

Anyone is welcome to add my FC and PM me theirs. All of the one-month hype posters are gone by now.

I see, I'm working on new attack patterns but I haven't gotten them down yet. You up for a few more?
Sure thing, but my wife just finished making lunch. In a bit, perhaps?

Also, I posted a replay of one of our matches for you: http://youtu.be/0IjZx_ojMI0

This is my first time ever recording and uploading something, so feedback is welcome.

Jrs3000

Anyone is welcome to add my FC and PM me theirs. All of the one-month hype posters are gone by now.

Sure thing, but my wife just finished making lunch. In a bit, perhaps?

Also, I posted a replay of one of our matches for you: http://youtu.be/0IjZx_ojMI0

This is my first time ever recording and uploading something, so feedback is welcome.

Yeah no problem just let me know. Ok i'll check them out.

Anyone up for a few?

Ill play a few make a room.

Dunno if this was posted already, but this is exactly what RosaLuma looks like when you main a projectile user:

tumblr_nd8o88qbMO1qe2qqzo1_500.gif

Anyone want to play? Going to try some new characters.

What's wrong with it?
Sometimes he can be right next to it, but it won't latch. Plenty of times I have Fortressed up to it, rubbing its side, and I just fall. I am not too low. It just doesn't register. Sometimes he can rise above it and it won't latch, too. It just needs a bigger area to register. He has one of the smallest in the game for some reason.

Jrs3000

Anyone want to play? Going to try some new characters.

Sometimes he can be right next to it, but it won't latch. Plenty of times I have Fortressed up to it, rubbing its side, and I just fall. I am not too low. It just doesn't register. Sometimes he can rise above it and it won't latch, too. It just needs a bigger area to register. He has one of the smallest in the game for some reason.

up for some more?

Who do you all think has the most trouble KOing? From the characters I have spent time with, Pikachu stands out.

sure thing. Do you mind customs?

Pit and Dark Pit belong to this club. I mean yeah you can gimp people with the Orbitars but man, trying to actually knock someone out is absolute hell.

Top Bottom