• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

I think the Uair and Bair cancels will see lots of use when chasing with Flame Choke. Or even Flame Chain.

Edit: And you can autocancel into his grab too.
Maul me with it!

just ordered one of those refurbished wii u's yesterday
Great! Make sure to get an ethernet adapter, too!

Karsticles, if you still want to play, I can play for awhile. If not, anyone else want to play? FC in profile.
Working on a paper. :p

You stay away from the wiiU version!
Why?! I hope everyone here transitions there!

AdaWong

Alright Smash 3DSers, it's time to decide which stage is GOAT.

Musical Chair style!

Rules:
-You can't save another stage unless 5 other people voted after you.
-You can't save the same stage two rounds in a row.
-Copy and paste accordingly, please! (include the rules)

LIST:
Battlefield
Final Destination
3D Land
Golden Plain
Rainbow Road
Paper Mario
Mushroomy Kingdom
Jungle Japes
Gerudo Valley
Spirit Train
Brinstar
Yoshi's Island
Dreamland
Corneria
Unova Pokemon League
Prism Tower
Mute City
Magicant
Arena Ferox
Flat Zone 2
Reset Bomb Forest
Wario Ware Inc.
Distant Planet
Tortimer Island
Boxing Ring
Guar Plain
Balloon Fight
Living Room
Find Mii
Tomodachi Life
Pictochat 2
Green Hill Zone
Wiley Castle
Pacmaze

SAVED:
1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-
17-
18-
19-
20-
21-
22-
23-
24-
25-
26-
27-
28-
29-
30-
31-
32-
33-

OUT:
34-

emb

Alright Smash 3DSers, it's time to decide which stage is GOAT.

Musical Chair style!
Rules:

Remaining LIST:
Battlefield
Final Destination
3D Land
Golden Plain
Rainbow Road
Paper Mario
Mushroomy Kingdom
Gerudo Valley
Spirit Train
Brinstar
Yoshi's Island
Dreamland
Corneria
Unova Pokemon League
Prism Tower
Mute City
Magicant
Arena Ferox
Flat Zone 2
Reset Bomb Forest
Wario Ware Inc.
Distant Planet
Tortimer Island
Boxing Ring
Guar Plain
Balloon Fight
Living Room
Find Mii
Tomodachi Life
Pictochat 2
Green Hill Zone
Wiley Castle
Pacmaze

SAVED:
1-Jungle Japes

I'm just fucking with him, can't wait to see the skill jump from GC controller use
Things I am looking forward to with a GC controller:
1) Easier air dodges, since I'll map one of my face buttons to dodge.
2) Down-right, and down-left. Bowser Bomb punishes will no longer go in the wrong direction.
3) 95% less SDs!

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Things I am looking forward to with a GC controller:
1) Easier air dodges, since I'll map one of my face buttons to dodge.
2) Down-right, and down-left. Bowser Bomb punishes will no longer go in the wrong direction.
3) 95% less SDs!

You have no idea how many times that has happened to me. I'm like Bowser what are you doing!?

Edit: Sweet I can still do my Aerial FC on the ground as Ganondorf.

DooD1234

Lol, did anyone ever have a For Glory match where you and your opponent picked the exact same character and the same color and the match starts with your opponent running the wrong direction and suicided? That was funny. Feel bad for the guy though.

Who

Banned
The funniest thing that happens in this game is when someone kills themselves to avoid a laggy match and both people forget to get out of lobby for the next match :p

Anyways anyone wanna 1v1 no customs? FC In profile.

You have no idea how many times that has happened to me. I'm like Bowser what are you doing!?

Edit: Sweet I can still do my Aerial FC on the ground as Ganondorf.
Plus the guilty moment when you meant to do down-right, but down-left was registered, and the opponent rolls into it, giving you the kill. :-/

Lol, did anyone ever have a For Glory match where you and your opponent picked the exact same character and the same color and the match starts with your opponent running the wrong direction and suicided? That was funny. Feel bad for the guy though.
I have almost been that guy, but I always catch myself. :p

daripad

Rules:

Remaining LIST:
Battlefield
Final Destination
3D Land
Golden Plain
Rainbow Road
Paper Mario
Mushroomy Kingdom
Gerudo Valley
Spirit Train
Brinstar
Yoshi's Island
Dreamland
Corneria
Unova Pokemon League
Prism Tower
Magicant
Arena Ferox
Flat Zone 2
Reset Bomb Forest
Wario Ware Inc.
Distant Planet
Tortimer Island
Boxing Ring
Guar Plain
Balloon Fight
Living Room
Find Mii
Tomodachi Life
Pictochat 2
Green Hill Zone
Wiley Castle
Pacmaze

SAVED:
1-Jungle Japes
2.-Mute City

TomShoe

Banned
God I am so fucking mad right now.

FUCK CAMPERS.

FUCK MEGA MAN

FUCK PALUTENA

FUCK FOR GLORY

I can't even sleep I'm so upset. I know you're not supposed to get mad video games, but this really ruined my night, along with my W/L. Just so frustrated. that's enough smash for a week.

Magius, play a few with me before bed?

FUCK CAMPERS.

FUCK MEGA MAN

FUCK PALUTENA

FUCK FOR GLORY

I can't even sleep I'm so upset. I know you're not supposed to get mad video games, but this really ruined my night, along with my W/L. Just so frustrated. that's enough smash for a week.
Did you save the replay?

FUCK CAMPERS.

FUCK MEGA MAN

FUCK PALUTENA

FUCK FOR GLORY

I think things will be better once we all have controllers in our hands and a wired connection.

random25

FUCK CAMPERS.

FUCK MEGA MAN

FUCK PALUTENA

FUCK FOR GLORY

Let's have a fight some time!

I'm a Megaman main :p

TomShoe

Banned
I'm a Megaman main :p

1310121676_angry_wrestler.gif

Sounds good

FUCK CAMPERS.

FUCK MEGA MAN

FUCK PALUTENA

FUCK FOR GLORY

Outside of a single Palutena, I'm the only other one I've ever seen online :eek:

Has anyone else had their 3DS forget some of their character colour choices? For some reason mine reverted to default Palutena and default Robin despite seemingly remembering a bunch of other ones :eek:

Jado

Banned

Happened to me once. Happened to my opponent last night.

Your opponent is moving forward in the same direction you're pressing, so you get fooled into thinking it's you. I'm like "what's he doing going off the stage? Early edge strategy? Jackass is suiciding already? Oh." :|

Plus the guilty moment when you meant to do down-right, but down-left was registered, and the opponent rolls into it, giving you the kill. :-/

So much beneficial stuff happens due to the bad controls (edit: actually not too often). Just yesterday I had Oil Panic come out by accident, absorbed an attack at point blank range I didn't see coming and ended the game a few seconds later. Most common one is having opponents roll into my neutral attack facing the wrong way. Don't feel guilty because just as often (or more) I get punished facing the wrong way or SD from the poor controls.

Can you save replays in For Glory matches? I've had a few crazy/fun games but saw no way to save them. I fought this one Villager as DHD and he pocketed a can. While midair we both released cans at near the same time. They exploded in a chain reaction that propelled us really fast off stage in an instant. I got the win with the dog's face pressed against the screen.

Has anyone else had their 3DS forget some of their character colour choices? For some reason mine reverted to default Palutena and default Robin despite seemingly remembering a bunch of other ones :eek:

Yes. No idea why. I never use default DHD colors.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
It's hilarious when you chain 6 successful Flame Chokes on a player when you read their rolls correctly. I almost felt bad.

RiggyRob

Can you save replays in For Glory matches? I've had a few crazy/fun games but saw no way to save them. I fought this one Villager as DHD and he pocketed a can. While midair we both released cans at near the same time. They exploded in a chain reaction that propelled us really fast off stage in an instant. I got the win with the dog's face pressed against the screen.

Press Y on the Results screen - unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to share replays though.

Yes. No idea why. I never use default DHD colors.
Glad it's not just my imagination then. I never play default Robin either :p

Can you save replays in For Glory matches?

Press Y on the Results screen - unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to share replays though.

It also has a hard limit of 64 replays, doesn't matter how big your SD card or the like is, 64 is your lot :p
Annoyingly there's no way to rewind or skip about in a replay either, which is annoying as I save any match I lose or where I see something interesting and it's hard to analyse what people do sometimes without a rewind function :/

Ricky 7

I got a custom move on but it wasn't for any character. It was just a red square with the middle being empty and it said standard 2. Maybe it was for one of the DLC characters who's code is in the game?

DaBoss

Don't be like that. Have fun with us for the next two weeks. We all have these problems. Then the Wii U version will come, and we can all move on and kick the @#%! out of the newbies. ;-)
Unless your Circle Pad is also broken like mine, then you aren't experiencing this: https://vine.co/v/OiinL6Q631A

And that's to easily demonstrate what is going on with my CP. The in-game effects are much more random.

Toad.T

Banned
So does anyone know all of the character cameos in Pac-Man's taunt? I'm confused as to who the fuzzy troll and the Cyclops/beholder are.

Hey all. Just picked this up as the first Smash game that I've ever played. My question, is there a good go-to site for info on how the basics of the Smash Bros system works? Looking for something like the below:

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Super_Street_Fighter_IV_AE#Basic_Elements
http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/index/

I was searching a bit, but I keep getting hits for just character information, or information on older games in the series. Figured this thread might know the best spot for a basic gameplay guide.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
You can, whenever it says bonus chance with a treasure chest next to it and you bet right you get a random piece of equipment, a custom move or more money.

So no character icon at all? Did you get a screencap of it and it just says standard 2? Sounds weird. Maybe you got a Palutena/Mii Fighter Custom since they are already preloaded with their's?

Sorry Beats, I had to go! I wanted to play more...

Good games!! I'm glad I could finally fight the Wii Fit Trainer I've seen so many posts about! What a wall. XD You're also the first person I've faced who actually uses Peach's Toad. I'm guessing the more percent you have the harder it is to wake up from?

Beats

Sorry Beats, I had to go! I wanted to play more...

Good games!! I'm glad I could finally fight the Wii Fit Trainer I've seen so many posts about! What a wall. XD You're also the first person I've faced who actually uses Peach's Toad. I'm guessing the more percent you have the harder it is to wake up from?

It's no problem. Good games! I was having a lot of trouble against your Dark Pit. You were spacing your moves pretty well. > . <

Yeah, at low percents it's easy to mash out of. It can be a good tool to get a kill, but you have to really know your opponent is going to attack you since the counter window is so small. I had trouble using it against you at first which lead to me getting punished a bunch, but I was pretty happy getting those two kills from it in that last match. : p

Hey all. Just picked this up as the first Smash game that I've ever played. My question, is there a good go-to site for info on how the basics of the Smash Bros system works? Looking for something like the below:

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Super_Street_Fighter_IV_AE#Basic_Elements
http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/index/

I was searching a bit, but I keep getting hits for just character information, or information on older games in the series. Figured this thread might know the best spot for a basic gameplay guide.

Go to smashboards.com

Ricky 7

So no character icon at all? Did you get a screencap of it and it just says standard 2? Sounds weird. Maybe you got a Palutena/Mii Fighter Custom since they are already preloaded with their's?
Yeah it was just that red custom move square with no character icon in it with a title saying standard 2, literally that was it. I didn't take a pic because I thought it was just a bug and it most likely was so I was wondering if it was a common problem?

Top Bottom