• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Axass

Has anyone else had their 3DS forget some of their character colour choices? For some reason mine reverted to default Palutena and default Robin despite seemingly remembering a bunch of other ones :eek:

No but once my 3DS forgot which of my trophies were "new", as in I didn't look at them yet, at that point I had read only like 150/300 descriptions, not in order. That sucked.

Think it was after the last software update.

Monster Zero

Ha, I'm getting faster!

Mr. Game & Watch is pretty unusual. That throw into his level 9 hammer thingy is crazy, though at least it just hit me once.

Alright then, GGs!

I'll play you. My FC's above and in my profile.

Like, if it was tourney I could just camp game, but I don't got the patience for it free for all lol

Good games Flux! Easily the scariest Sonic I've played. Took a few rounds to adjust. Hope to play again sometime!

Good game. Lots of throwin' and rollin' and getting my ass kicked. Any tips, hints, or secrets before I lop my 3DS out the nearest window?

You were fine! I don't really consider myself good enough to be picking apart someone else's play style, but you definitely have something of a general pattern you follow when you play. When someone can predict what you're going to do, you're typically going to be punished for it. Try to change it up and use some of the other moves the characters have! :)

I dont' know why I didn't think of this earlier but I'll buy a 3DS tonight and Smash Bros and return it when the Wii U version launches in less than two weeks. That can tide me over easily.

Unicorn

I can't find a non-laggy match. Either, I just roll with muscle memory and sometimes get my usual strings out, or it turns into a Brawl match of trading hits, spamming projectiles, and just hoping for a lucky, silly spike.

Any matches on Palutena I can watch for learning? I'm not doing so well with her against my brother and online randoms. What I dislike most about myself is believing that I'm ready to play against online or offline players with little practice. So any tips on practicing, should I play against people online more?

For a lot of the hype Yoshi seems to get on forums and the like I haven't seen a lot online yet. All I play is For Glory though because I have no friends
this is my first post and I've been lurking the SSB4 threads for a while, so hopefully I can play some of you guys! :)

Been kind of in a rut lately, all of a sudden I keep flubbing egg throw and end up doing egg roll :( To the point where I'm losing matches!

Masked Man

I said wow
Any matches on Palutena I can watch for learning? I'm not doing so well with her against my brother and online randoms. What I dislike most about myself is believing that I'm ready to play against online or offline players with little practice. So any tips on practicing, should I play against people online more?

This tournament features a really solid Palutena, in my opinion. Jab to grab, down throw to aerial (Nair/Fair/Uair), and short-hopped Fair/Bair are all crucial tools. Spacing with Auto-Reticle is also important. :D

emb

For a lot of the hype Yoshi seems to get on forums and the like I haven't seen a lot online yet. All I play is For Glory though because I have no friends
this is my first post and I've been lurking the SSB4 threads for a while, so hopefully I can play some of you guys! :)

Been kind of in a rut lately, all of a sudden I keep flubbing egg throw and end up doing egg roll :( To the point where I'm losing matches!
I've been seeing more online lately.

Not sure if there's a character I hate more to play against :p Maybe Link. Yoshi is so weird to fight. And really hard to gimp in this version.

Moonlight

Banned
This tournament features a really solid Palutena, in my opinion. Jab to grab, down throw to aerial (Nair/Fair/Uair), and short-hopped Fair/Bair are all crucial tools. Spacing with Auto-Reticle is also important. :D
Kind of interesting to see how completely unreliant this player is on any of Palutena's specials. Not that most of her defaults are that useful, but wow, I didn't know you could get that much mileage with nothing but Palutena's normals. I may need to rethink my strategy with her.

Masked Man

I said wow
Kind of interesting to see how completely unreliant this player is on any of Palutena's specials. Not that most of her defaults are that useful, but wow, I didn't know you could get that much mileage with nothing but Palutena's normals. I may need to rethink my strategy with her.

Yeah, it's interesting, especially in that first match given that Meta Knight is such a short-ranged character. Auto-Reticle seems to be an ideal zoning tool against characters with no ranged attacks whatsoever.

Anth0ny

From page 2 of the patch notice:

"Receiving patch 1.0.4 will disable playback of replays saved using older versions."

Uh....what? After upgrading to the patch I won't be able to playback my currently saved replays anymore?

Probably means they're actually changing shit. Like, move speed/knockback and all that good stuff.

Replays are just button inputs, so shit would get all de-synched if it tried to play back an older replay with the new patch implemented.

ZeroX03

Banned
For the challenge "Have the game on for more than 8 hours", does that include standby? Or do I have to leave the 3DS open for that long? edit and it's apparently it's total time played, it just popped!

...That sounds dumb.

Yeah, this seriously ticks me off.

Probably means they're actually changing shit. Like, move speed/knockback and all that good stuff.

Replays are just button inputs, so shit would get all de-synched if it tried to play back an older replay with the new patch implemented.

Still wish they could have tried to find a way around this. I have more than a few replays that I really value and it's bad enough only a limited number of them can be saved but now every time a significant patch is released I'll lose them? Both the limited amount and the patch issue really compromise the point of having the replay feature if you ask me.

Top Bottom