• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I-I-I did it!
Overall, got 3000 different custom equips, missing 3 effects.
I can now quit this game.

g4MHCCO.jpg

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Now you can do it all over again in the Wii U version!

TheOGB

Banned
I had a string of great matches in FG earlier (wins and losses), took a break, then went back and had a string of weird matches. Most fights were laggy or had delayed inputs like a motherfucker, then I got bodied by a legit Rosa/Falcon player (and their R.O.B. after I tried to leave and failed). But then my next match turned into... this. Shit had me shook at first; I didn't know how to react, but when I noticed when they were copying me I just went with it. It was so strange, but it had me giggling and laughing like I was a kid again. Looking at it again just puts a smile on my face.

What a great way to end a session of Smash.

sorry i was so bad lol, but GGs. It might be me not knowing how to play but I feel like both Dark Pit and Lucina have terrible killing potential. Any tips? :v
I think you are a bit too counter happy with your characters. If you watch high level play, the moves are almost never used because they can get punished big time. It is better to go for low risk, low reward (landing safely) than high risk, medium reward.

I think you could make better use of hops, at least with Lucina. Short hop fair is 100% safe, and you can go into f.B before you land for more offense if you are successful.

I don't think Lucina has low killing power, but I do think you need to chase off the ledge to get early kills with her. Go off the ledge and space out an fair to gimp your opponent. It won't always work, but it is good to try.

Dark Pit does have some trouble killing, but he is kind of a defensive character. He has Orbitars and an armored attack, meaning he can punish well on good reads. He also has some of the best recovery in the game. He is kind of like a slower, more defensive Pikachu. Pikachu also struggles to kill, and you might recall that my KOs against you were regularly above 140% with him.

Quick Dark Pit tests:
Bair kills at 130% against Lucina.
Usmash at 130%.
Fsmash at 120%.
f.b at 140%.
Fair at 140%.

Basically, I think you should ledge chase and go for the sweet spot Bair for kills with him.

I think you are a bit too counter happy with your characters. If you watch high level play, the moves are almost never used because they can get punished big time. It is better to go for low risk, low reward (landing safely) than high risk, medium reward.

I think you could make better use of hops, at least with Lucina. Short hop fair is 100% safe, and you can go into f.B before you land for more offense if you are successful.

I don't think Lucina has low killing power, but I do think you need to chase off the ledge to get early kills with her. Go off the ledge and space out an fair to gimp your opponent. It won't always work, but it is good to try.

Dark Pit does have some trouble killing, but he is kind of a defensive character. He has Orbitars and an armored attack, meaning he can punish well on good reads. He also has some of the best recovery in the game. He is kind of like a slower, more defensive Pikachu. Pikachu also struggles to kill, and you might recall that my KOs against you were regularly above 140% with him.

Quick Dark Pit tests:
Bair kills at 130% against Lucina.
Usmash at 130%.
Fsmash at 120%.
f.b at 140%.
Fair at 140%.

Basically, I think you should ledge chase and go for the sweet spot Bair for kills with him.
I see, thanks. I generally never go for ledge defense but considering that Dark Pit has an amazing recovery I should really practice ledge kills with him. As for Lucina, it's true that I use counter heavily, so I'm going to try and stop doing that and go for safer things like you said.

I see, thanks. I generally never go for ledge defense but considering that Dark Pit has an amazing recovery I should really practice ledge kills with him. As for Lucina, it's true that I use counter heavily, so I'm going to try and stop doing that and go for safer things like you said.
Also, I just discovered that the backside of Dark Pit's dsmash has way more killing power than the front side.

Because it's cheap and it makes games easier to win. Not being able to grab Rosalina was dumb.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that the Rosalina mains might be right, I just wanted to draw attention to how salty they are. There's actually one guy arguing that grab immunity was an important way to make her distinct from other characters. >_>

Ty Ty, you got skills with a lot of peeps, but bowser definitely the equalizer. Kirby has been my main for years so I don't practice him often, but you made me put away g&W
Bowser is the only character I understand the entire moveset for. The rest are bits and pieces. Glad our connection was good. We will play again.

Top Bottom