• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I wont care IF the opponent can no longer control it.

Ash got back to me and said he was P1 when he tested it so Port numbers deciding the victor like it did in past versions isn't the case.

And Bowser players like us won't need to use it much. Although 18% damage is always nice.

I only used Bowsercide against people who seemed like they deserved it. I wouldn't want to rely on it.

How do you get past Sheik's needles as Bowser anyway? Goddang

Shield and Dodge, or jump and roast them.

Also that grenade can't be destroyed by Bowser's jabs. I tested just to make sure.

I only used Bowsercide against people who seemed like they deserved it. I wouldn't want to rely on it.

How do you get past Sheik's needles as Bowser anyway? Goddang
Hop into Fire Breath. You will pass right over the needles and punish. I begin every round against Shirk with a dash into Fire Breath for free damage, since they all want to charge needles. :p

Ash got back to me and said he was P1 when he tested it so Port numbers deciding the victor like it did in past versions isn't the case.

And Bowser players like us won't need to use it much. Although 18% damage is always nice.
Maybe Ash can clarify if the opponent can still control it. I still use the Klaw frequently when the punish is not guaranteed and I dont want to commit to a bomb.

I start almost every round with fire breath and then completely forget about it for the next minute. Bowser is probably my most-successful character so far, but with how different this game is and that I used to play Falco, I still don't know who the best character for me is.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So now that Rosalina is getting two nerfs can we call this patch a nerf list instead of a changelist? Because it is sure looking that way. I don't think we get any real character buffs.

So now that Rosalina is getting two nerfs can we call this patch a nerf list instead of a changelist? Because it is sure looking that way. I don't think we get any real character buffs.
We need to see the full list. There are some buffs there, like Palutena supposedly getting a damage buff on all of her moves.

GGs man and I don't really play a lot of characters , just don't have character that I like personally.I was being a bit random over time.

Man both Lucina and Dark pit owned me about the same.I couldn't even really handle Toon Link.

I'd say man just keep all three , if you can manage.Though I think Lucina 2 stocked me several times.

Ah, I figured Lucario was your main character at first! There's no one in the game you really like? I had that sort of problem in Melee myself.

Thank you! Even though I used Pokemon Trainer, Toon Link and Lucario in Brawl, I've been trying to go with a smaller number of characters to see if I can become better with a smaller focus. I guess I'll give it a shot with 3 characters...

That is quite a bit beyond how much lag I am willing to tolerate. GG. Too bad, because I hear people say good things about your Megaman.

Anyone else up for matches?

It was pretty laggy, yeah. Not sure if it would make a difference, but would you like me to try to host?
We can try it, but I don't think these things make a difference unless someone has a misconfigured router. I will test a few jabs and suicide if it is bad.

Edit: it felt a little but better, but not good enough to play matches on. Especially against Megaman. Keep away plus lag is infuriating.

We can try it, but I don't think these things make a difference unless someone has a misconfigured router. I will test a few jabs and suicide if it is bad.

Edit: it felt a little but better, but not good enough to play matches on. Especially against Megaman. Keep away plus lag is infuriating.

Alright, no biggy. Maybe we can try again some other time.

Jado

Banned
Thanks man! I try to rep the hard working black man, that jiggly tho, you got some good ass bread and butters

What do you do as G&W against evade- and roll-crazy people? His own roll is slow, he has no long-range attack, he normally doesn't kill quickly and he's not very fast either. I fought a Samus who completely refused to fight me directly, ran from one end to the other and spammed projectiles. Chasing him around just felt so stupid, ineffective and frustrating. I've followed the general advice about dealing with these people but I feel stuck. Do I just need to be better? It's so much easier to play like an asshole than to punish the assholes that it doesn't feel fair. His down smash doesn't hit reliably (unlike Duck Hunt's) and trying to hit where they will be (not where they are) feels like a crapshoot. Seeing the way many are playing, I may just main as someone because G&W feels weak and flawed against this annoying and highly prevalent play style.

It probably explains why I never run into anyone using him. I'm rusty with Sheik, but everything I'm complaining about feels like not a big deal when I play with her. With more practice as Sheik, I think it would be a non-issue. Even DHD has a significantly easier time shutting down some of these evasive clowns. Sorry for the rant and having complained about this before. I'm just at my wit's end with this crap. It's ruining the game for me and makes me want to quit For Glory.

georly

Ugh, doing smash run 15+ times in a row and getting nothing but equipment is frustrating. 1 5+ drops each time, several custom moves and smash run items... and all duplicates ;_;

What do you do as G&W against evade- and roll-crazy people? His own roll is slow, he has no long-range attack, he normally doesn't kill quickly and he's not very fast either. I fought a Samus who completely refused to fight me directly, ran from one end to the other and spammed projectiles. Chasing him around just felt so stupid, ineffective and frustrating. I've followed the general advice about dealing with these people but I feel stuck. Do I just need to be better? It's so much easier to play like an asshole than to punish the assholes that it doesn't feel fair. His down smash doesn't hit reliably (unlike Duck Hunt's) and trying to hit where they will be (not where they are) feels like a crapshoot. Seeing the way many are playing, I may just main as someone because G&W feels weak and flawed against this annoying and highly prevalent play style.

It probably explains why I never run into anyone using him. I'm rusty with Sheik, but everything I'm complaining about feels like not a big deal when I play with her. With more practice as Sheik, I think it would be a non-issue. Even DHD has a significantly easier time shutting down some of these evasive clowns. Sorry for the rant and having complained about this before. I'm just at my wit's end with this crap. It's ruining the game for me and makes me want to quit For Glory.
Want to play and I can offer feedback?

Falawful

So apparently it's impossible to connect to a team battle in FG for now. Are there enough people around here that would like to get into a 2v2?

If not then I'm always down for 1v1

After listening to punch out jogging music, I feel like trying out Little Mac. Also, he looks fun. The challenging part is avoiding being thrown in the air, especially at the side of the platform. Are there any videos on good Little Mac players that I might learn from? I still want to focus on getting good with Palutena, but I want to explore other characters that interest me.

Top Bottom