• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Anth0ny

Luma can no longer attack whilst Rosalina is being grabbed.

If true...

giphywps3s.gif

I haven't played online in a week, only offline. I just tried For Glory and feel like I'm playing with a busted Wavebird. Was the input lag ALWAYS this bad? It couldn't have been, it never bothered me before.

My in-game ping and on speedtest is always 20-50. And I've had some pretty good games with randoms, but when I play with people on the friends list, I always get stutter, input lag, or both. It's baffling. The online in general seems to be deteriorating since launch, with For Fun basically unplayable now. It probably doesn't help that Nintendo devices are so archaic I need to create a hotspot to even access the internet.

JoeInky

By the way JoeInky I would love to see how your Ness has developed. We haven't played since the game first came out

I actually stopped playing him for a long time and I've gotten worse with him if my games with Ricky are anything to go by.

I might be able to play some after Ricky if you want, but I think I remember you mentioning you were going.

Does anybody play Captain Falcon here? He's definitely better in this game than in Brawl, but I haven't seen him played at any tournaments. He's always been a weird mix of intuitive normals but also requiring good timing and spacing, so it's hard to know if I'm any good until I've played more games as him.

I feel like a scrub not being able to play online. The CPU constantly leaves itself open to dash attacks and reinforces bad habits.

I actually stopped playing him for a long time and I've gotten worse with him if my games with Ricky are anything to go by.

I might be able to play some after Ricky if you want, but I think I remember you mentioning you were going.

If you can play right now I can play a few. If not it will have to wait, and you can blame me for Ricky being good against Ness. When we play, we play like 20 matches, lol.

Monster Zero

It took me a full minute to figure out what you were talking about here, haha.

Also, I had no idea so many G&W moves had windboxes. Could you break those down for me?

His manhole dtilt has a wind box directly above it, his fire has wind boxes to the side, and of course you know the uair. I love his uair cause it gives me time to think. Man hole is really good for edgeguarding. but I didn't use it against you often to guard

His manhole dtilt has a wind box directly above it, his fire has wind boxes to the side, and of course you know the uair. I love his uair cause it gives me time to think. Man hole is really good for edgeguarding. but I didn't use it against you often to guard
The uair windbox just confused the hell out of me every time.

JoeInky

It took me a full minute to figure out what you were talking about here, haha.

Also, I had no idea so many G&W moves had windboxes. Could you break those down for me?

It's just the UAir and DTilt iirc.

Also I'll just play you another time shamrock, I don't get to play many Charizards lol.

roknin

Luma can no longer attack whilst Rosalina is being grabbed.

If true...

giphywps3s.gif

If tat's true then wow, they really are watching.

Also, it'd be a sensible nerf, though I was fine with just the timer being a bit longer.

Hopefully it doesn't go much further than that for anyone, just get rid of or change very obvious things/bugs.

JoeInky

Jesus christ that was a long 50 minutes, I'm going to be tired in work now haha.

GGs Ricky, Charizard continues to be as much of a problem for me in this game as he is in Project M.

Ricky 7

Jesus christ that was a long 50 minutes, I'm going to be tired in work now haha.

GGs Ricky, Charizard continues to be as much of a problem for me in this game as he is in Project M.
Yeah GGs man, had a lot of fun. Did you see how far I dodged with Charizard in our last match? It was like a Little Mac dodge, I have no idea how I did it either. I've saved the replay so I'm going to examin it now. Anyways GG

JoeInky

Yeah GGs man, had a lot of fun. Did you see how far I dodged with Charizard in our last match? It was like a Little Mac dodge, I have no idea how I did it either. I've saved the replay so I'm going to examin it now. Anyways GG

Nah I didn't notice that.

Have you tried messing around with the short hop air dodge thing with Charizard? I can't remember if you were the Charizard main but I was interested in seeing if it had much use in an actual game for that character.

Ricky 7

Nah I didn't notice that.

Have you tried messing around with the short hop air dodge thing with Charizard? I can't remember if you were the Charizard main but I was interested in seeing if it had much use in an actual game for that character.

Just watched the replay and didn't see it so I must have imagined it >_<, I probably need to take a break.

And yeah I use that short hop air dodge cancel sometimes but I can't seem to fully implement it into my play style, it's good against Mega Man because you can catch his metal blades with it but against other characters I can't utilise it properly against them yet.

JoeInky

Also, after more testing, I'm pretty sure every character in the game can cancel the landing lag from an air dodge into a special, at least DK and Ganon can also do it.

Problem is, it's incredibly frame tight with these two characters (I can only do it at 1/4 speed and even then it's not consistently) and I imagine everyone else to get it so you get all the invincibility of the air dodge before the special starts, too early and you're punishable, too late and there's endlag. AND it has to be dome some time before the apex of a full hop (though it's slightly different for each character) so it's not useful as an approach either because characters usually have better options.

So yeah, it still has the most potential on Charizard, Link and Bowser if anyone really.

Diddy Kong mirrors?
936.gif

Oh hey! 1.0.4 patch notes!
* The hitbox on Ness's forward air has been increased.
* Little Mac now starts with each stock with a fully charged KO punch.
* Palutena's auto-reticule will now target her if it cannot find a target.
* Palutena's start-up and recovery on using tilt attacks and counter has been increased.
* The hitbox on Zelda's phantom slash has been reduced: it now only hits at the tip of the phantom's sword at the end of the swinging animation.
* Luma now gets tired after any attack and must spend a few seconds recovering their breath.
* Yoshi's aerial attacks no longer clash with other attacks and instead will ignore them.
* Robin's throw now has increased start-up time to be in line with Nosferatu.
* Robin now loses the current tome they have equipped if hit with a fire-based attack.
* Wario now enters the helpless state whenever he loses contact with the ground.
* Sheik can now only KO with bouncing fish. All other attacks have had their knockback reduced.
* The klaw is no longer affected by directional influence and automatically aims itself off the nearest edge of the stage.
* Jigglypuff's back air hitbox has been adjusted to be closer to what it was like in melee: it now hits at half of final destination's width.
* Jigglypuff now automatically loses the match if they land rest.
* Jigglypuff is now also put to sleep after using sing
* Due to complaints of it being used too much online, we have removed Captain Falcon's "show me your moves" taunt. We hope you can enjoy the new taunt that has taken its place.

:p

Whew, good games Conun! You sure know how to use a ton of characters!

Out of curiosity, between my Dark Pit and Lucina who was more of a challenge? I'm trying to decide on my sub character, and Toon Link is my main one already.

Flowmoney

Whew, good games Conun! You sure know how to use a ton of characters!

Out of curiosity, between my Dark Pit and Lucina who was more of a challenge? I'm trying to decide on my sub character, and Toon Link is my main one already.

GGs man and I don't really play a lot of characters , just don't have character that I like personally.I was being a bit random over time.

Man both Lucina and Dark pit owned me about the same.I couldn't even really handle Toon Link.

I'd say man just keep all three , if you can manage.Though I think Lucina 2 stocked me several times.

Top Bottom