• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

J@hranimo

Banned
Played a couple of For Glory matches, idk why lol, but the Sheik nerfs are definitely apparent. Yikes bouncing fish doesn't do much now lol.

I swear half the time I post in a smash thread I'm at the top of the page o_O

Wow, I faced a pretty good Captain Falcon player. Completely wrecked me the first time. At least I set the record straight. Down throw, some air attacks, up b. So quick.

Speaking of down throw, stock match goes to sudden death. Duck Hunt can't handle fast characters. Down throw doesn't KO at 300%. Won by luck.

He's too good. But more lucky gimps on my part lol

I swear Sakurai had to have the shitty Little mac tier recovery

All I know about Ike I learned from playing. His fair is quick, his jab is godlike, and his recovery is uber predictable. What you'll want to do is read your opponent and punish them. Don't go for smashes if you can't land them, they're laggy. Eruption is a good edgeguard tool, but go for the fair/bair if you can make it. Dtilt sends people upward now, so you can get a quick fair at low percents. Dthrow also gets you a free uair on most of the cast at low-mid percents.

ttony678

Neo Member
I swear Sakurai had to have the shitty Little mac tier recovery

All I know about Ike I learned from playing. His fair is quick, his jab is godlike, and his recovery is uber predictable. What you'll want to do is read your opponent and punish them. Don't go for smashes if you can't land them, they're laggy. Eruption is a good edgeguard tool, but go for the fair/bair if you can make it. Dtilt sends people upward now, so you can get a quick fair at low percents. Dthrow also gets you a free uair on most of the cast at low-mid percents.

Ill definitely keep all that in mind. I mainly play an aerial Ike so I gotta work on his neutral game as well

This will probably be my last game though

Ill definitely keep all that in mind. I mainly play an aerial Ike so I gotta work on his neutral game as well

Also check Smashboards, they got ya covered.

Holy fuck my recovery is god awful

EDIT: GGs tony, your Peach impresses and your Ike needs work to maximize potential. Hope you were entertained by my choice of fighters!!

Great games! Your Ike so ridiculous. I honestly felt like you would purposely let me take your first stock then rape peach. I think you won every match on that session lol.

Well, I know what I'll be googling in the next 30 seconds.

I'll be honest and admit that I did some bad things because of controls, but otherwise my first stocks are genuine! I just know how to squeeze out every bit of a stock that I can, lol.

I wanna try out them new DK buffs. Oh wait, Sakurai forgot about him in this game. >.<

At least he forgot about Kirby too! :D

:(

Any good Sonic and Yoshi players out there? These are the only characters I have a hard time with. I'm down for some 1v1.

FC 3840 7649 4930

I started messing around with Sonic this game, but I don't mind playing a whole set of him for practice. Kinda decent with him, but I'll let you decide if you want. FC is a few posts up lol.

Edit: Damn it! Only match for a while and I got ninja'd. I'll jump in after Flux leaves if that's alright.

Ricky 7

Has Ike always had super armour during his up B? It's pretty annoying when he's spamming up B near the ledge and his super armour stops him from getting stage spiked.

Has Ike always had super armour during his up B? It's pretty annoying when he's spamming up B near the ledge and his super armour stops him from getting stage spiked.

I think in Brawl he was even invincible the whole time he threw his sword up. Kinda an easy way to prevent it from looking weird if he gets hit when he's not actually holding his sword.

Probably the best way to punish it is to hit him after he reaches the top of the Up-B. I'm not entirely too sure even though I play Ike in this game now.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I played against a Toon Link the other day in for glory who would constantly do his down-air. He'd jump up real high, then do it. Constantly. Every match. Over and over again. He'd do other things on the ground but any time he was in the air, that's how he would come down. I was flabbergasted. It's so easy to evade but I was so baffled by it that I'd get hit half the time cause I felt the need to evade in some fancier way. But no matter how many times I punished it, he'd just keep doing it. I stuck with the guy, hoping that if I just stood there, blocked/rolled/sidestepped, punished every single time, he'd finally get the point and stop doing it. But he'd just do it again. "This time! THIS TIME!!!"

In the end I felt kinda bad, cause I think he musta just been a kid. But still. People like this, I feel like it is my Duty to make them learn.

Top Bottom