• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Kyzon

GGs. Man, Ganondorf hits hard. I tend to rush to my opponents without thought, but I'm going to have to think way more carefully how I approach opponents like Ganondorf, especially with that grab. I got a bit better at evading it after a few matches.

Yeah, Ganon doesn't hit you often, but when he does it equals most other character's combos.
I just need to stay away from sonic's grab. He's too fast.

So what does it mean to 100% this game? Off the top of my head:

Beating all the challenges
Getting all the Mii clothes
Getting all the music
Getting all the trophies

Anything I'm missing?

FluxWaveZ

Any anti-sonic tips would be welcome, preferably tips against sonics that don't have to actively remember to breathe :p

Can't think of anything in particular without seeing videos or going against you. Blocking Sonic's dash attack leads to a throw punish because of the recovery, and I guess for his neutral special and forward special, it's really just having to call it right. When it's charging, you should be on the defensive, and possibly try approaching the Sonic by jumping.

I don't know too much about Palutena...

So what does it mean to 100% this game? Off the top of my head:

Beating all the challenges
Getting all the Mii clothes
Getting all the music
Getting all the trophies

Anything I'm missing?

You don't really unlock music in the 3DS version, right? There are also milestones you can "unlock," but I'm not really sure how many there are.

Can't think of anything in particular without seeing videos or going against you. Blocking Sonic's dash attack leads to a throw punish because of the recovery, and I guess for his neutral special and forward special, it's really just having to call it right. When it's charging, you should be on the defensive, and possibly try approaching the Sonic by jumping.

I don't know too much about Palutena...
Oh, it's not specific to Palutena: I struggle against anyone even half competent with the blue roadkill with pretty much any character, so general tips are best :p
I've tried approaching with jumps but that tends to lead to a stalemate as they'll usually just spin under me and off to a safe distance leading to me having to close the distance all over again XD
I can catch less cautious sonics with a shield grab but the better ones seem to go quite a bit past me when I block so they're usually out of grab range. To be honest I don't really see his dash attack used much, it's mostly his specials combined with a slathering of aerials :p

Classic mode beat on 9.0 difficulty. Every challenge completed just in time for the WiiU version. I used hammers for the smash powers and custom moves, accessories challenges.

Beats

Huh, I didn't think the local scene for these games would be this big in my area, but there's about 200 people in the Facebook group for Smash 4 at the moment. The Melee group has 880 and the 64 group has 58. Maybe I'll actually try and go out to locals once the Wii U version for this hits.

I love it when a Ness Player tries to PK Thunder ram me and then gets to eat a Fsmash from Bowser.

I love it when anybody does anything that sets up for a dropkick.

Feels like I get interested in a new character every few days and then drop off. Right now it's Marth. The only characters I feel I've stuck with to any extent are Bowser and Greninja.

Masked Man

I said wow
I swear that whatever matchup algorithm they're using on For Glory was designed for the express purpose of aggravating me. I pick Mac? I get matched up with ZSS, Rosalina, and other characters who can juggle and gimp him like crazy. I pick Palutena? I get matched up with CF, Sheik, and other rushdown characters too fast to punish. The frustration is real!

Any anti-sonic tips would be welcome, preferably tips against sonics that don't have to actively remember to breathe :p

I find Sonic equally annoying, but one tip would be to learn the timing on Homing Attack. If you block, Sonic just bounces off--completely safe, and can follow up from there with any number of options. I would recommend spot-dodging instead. Sonic will slam into the ground, leaving him open to be grabbed/pummeled/thrown or slammed with a counterattack (if you're fast enough).

Mesoian

ALRIGHT SERIOUSLY!

What the fuck is up with Bowser Jr's S-Smash? Why does the opponent fall out of it 75% of the time? I am NAILING people with it, only to have them wriggle out of it before the final hit connects!

Moonlight

Banned
Any Ness mains wanna tell me how to use PK Thunder as recovery? I can't use it for crap, but I know that there has to be some kind of trick to it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Any Ness mains wanna tell me how to use PK Thunder as recovery? I can't use it for crap, but I know that there has to be some kind of trick to it.

I'm not a ness main. But in the immortal words of Shofu, "aim for the damn ledge."

FluxWaveZ

Rosalina and Luma aggravates me so much. It's not just that Sonic's homing attack becomes extremely unreliable against her, but why the heck can Luma attack while Rosalina is in the process of being thrown? I was outright killed by Luma when I was about to throw her recently.

Jrs3000

Rosalina and Luma aggravates me so much. It's not just that Sonic's homing attack becomes extremely unreliable against her, but why the heck can Luma attack while Rosalina is in the process of being thrown? I was outright killed by Luma when I was about to throw her recently.

This is getting fixed in the patch.

Good games, ReiGun! I got a lot of good spacing practice, you're good at ducking and weaving lol. Sucks we got disconnected a couple times, connection was really good other than that and a few spikes.

Top Bottom