• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Draconian

Removing the player icons during Zero Suit Samus's final smash was a ridiculous decision. As if it isn't hard enough keeping track of yourself in this game, by all means, let's make it even harder to see yourself while someone's having target practice at you. Killed myself by running off the end of the level once and almost did it again tonight. And before anyone says so, yeah, I'm freaking salty.

z4chc3na

Add me! Would be down for some casual fights and I want to do all the challenges so I need more street pass friends haha

Friend Code- 1521-3738-0922

SMgamer83

I'm off to a pretty good start online so far...using Ness as my boy.

3p7AwgRl.jpg

acprJfIl.jpg

leroidys

Fffffffuck Ness got nerfed. At least with how I played him. Short bat, thunder launching no longer slides you up a wall, fire has less stun, and nair has lower prio. Anybody have any tips on how to deal?

SMgamer83

Fffffffuck Ness got nerfed. At least with how I played him. Anybody have any tips on how to deal?

Do NOT use his smashes. PK Fire->Down Throw->FAir is a good 35% right off the bad. From there, play defensively using throws and air moves. All of his air moves are great, especially NAir. Save Back Throw for a kill move around 120-140. Jabs are good as well.

Mumei

Who mains Lucina or Marth? I need practice getting my butt kicked sometime, because I have this embarrassing habit of owning someone's face with Marth, them switching to Lucina, and proceeding to wreck me. Destroy me. It's just sad, really. (I win some of the time, but when I lose it's often completely one-sided.)

I think part of the problem is that I have no idea how to fight against someone with the exact same melee range, and I'm not used to fighting someone as counter-happy as I am, which everyone seems to be with Lucina.

(I can't do so now, but I am interested if anyone is up for it later.)

leroidys

Do NOT use his smashes. PK Fire->Down Throw->FAir is a good 35% right off the bad. From there, play defensively using throws and air moves. All of his air moves are great, especially NAir. Save Back Throw for a kill move around 120-140. Jabs are good as well.

Thank you, I'll try it out :)

SmithnCo

Fffffffuck Ness got nerfed. At least with how I played him. Short bat, thunder launching no longer slides you up a wall, fire has less stun, and nair has lower prio. Anybody have any tips on how to deal?

Thunder doesn't slide you up a wall but you can use it again after you bounce off a wall at least.

ChrisD

Aight, if anyone else had this avatar claimed/doesn't want it used just lemme' know and I'll change back to my Amatsumagatsuchi. Until then, I'm using it, because the laughs had when I saw it was too great. :p

Phil S.

Banned
Hi everybody! I'd love to try online with some folks and make permanent new GAF friends on my 3DS list in the process!

I'm not a competitive Smash player, I don't even main anyone. haha I just play as whoever I feel like and roll with the punches!

Here's my FC:

1805-2338-1133

Feel free to post here or better yet, just PM me. This topic will probably move too fast for me to catch everyone who wants to add me (if anyone does *pouts*).

Durden77

So to tech out of Ganon's side b, it's just like a normal tech right? Hit shield right as you hit the ground?

Cause I swear I'm doin that shit and have done it before, but im these matches i'm playin now I haven't been able to pull it off. And he will rip you up if you can't tech it.

Masked Man

I said wow
Likewise man, I'm really glad you understand, we are on the same boat. And surprisingly enough, Mac playstyle is not the one I'm used to funny enough, I would play as olimar in brawl and in smash 4 I initially found pacman, and rosalina very interesting. I've been the kind of person that for some reason love people that can have some range or are just weird and completely different from others. That' why I actually left Mac for last and was not even interested in playing him. But when I did... Oh boy I saw the potential, and playing other macs online I thought to myself 'they are doing this, this and this wrong, and this could be improved like this' etc. So I thought what the heck, I feel like I can do better with him. And now I love him and try to perfect him, he has many issues, and I'm glad people have figured him out because he is actually easy to beat. That means I have to play differently, I also feel like I am destroying my 3ds while playing with him haha soooo many inputs, and I have to somehow make up for my recovery and lack of air game, as a mac player it can actually be really frustrating with all these weaknesses, let's not forget platforms, but overcoming those things is what makes him a blast to play with. Hopefully the stereotype goes away

Wow, we're very much alike then! I began with Pikachu and Ness in SSB64, played Peach almost exclusively in Melee, and then I was a Peach/Lucas main in Brawl. I've always liked having a projectile or some neat little quirk to the characters I choose, so I was a bit surprised when I took to Mac's style so quickly. It's probably just because I love the character so much that every second playing as him is a high-adrenaline rush of NES Punch-Out!! nostalgia.

He's got a lot of flaws, but figuring out ways to deal with them is part of the fun. (It can be frustrating at times, though, lol.) Regardless of how much people bash him, I'm sticking with him until the end! :D

Putting aside the Mac "controversy" for a moment, the character's popularity makes me happy for Sakurai, since I recall him saying in the April Direct that it was really challenging making a character that's all about punching. Well, he did it, and made possibly one of the most popular characters in the game! I imagine that has to be immensely satisfying for him as he (presumably) reviews the character use data online (same stuff that goes into Conquest mode).

Same here! I think the fact that he's seeing so much use online is a testament to his popularity. I'm confident Sakurai is extremely happy that he decided to include him in the game--perhaps even happier than all of us diehard Mac fans. ;)

Sure there are many...many tryhards online but, there are some who generally like to use him.

Like me! I love him. You'll be happy to know, though, that I've been slowly adjusting to Peach on the 3DS (had to assign jump to A and normal attack to B in order to perform float attacks) with decent success! :D

trutrutru

Daaaaamn, good games good games, that was way more than a ft10 lol. That last second Up-B with Luigi was pretty hot. Seems like they heavily nerfed his KO potential though, especially F-Smash.

yeah....sucks. He can rack up the percentage. But I have such a hard time finishing people off with him. its unfortunate you cant jab cancel in this game, Otherwise I would still be able to set up that up-B for finishers. So hard to hit that move now.

love your DK and DeDeDe. Best DeDeDe I've played so far. Same goes for DK. Most DDD's online aren't effective with that projectile. One fireball sends it right back at them. But your timing was great.

but yeah. Definitely played longer than I planned. Was having that much fun. Although im pretty competitive sometimes, so some moments were just frustrating lol

hopefully we play again soon

jorgejjvr

Yeah, that Ness, crazy good man, leave my head scratching as to what to do. As soon as that pk fire hits it's the end. There has to be a way for that combo not to land. But I tried jumping, holding back the circle pad, countering and nothing, the move happens before I can react

And he's a great counter to little mac

That feel when you lose to the same guy over and over and over again in 1 vs 1 for glory, but over time keep learning from your mistakes and adapting until you finally beat him. Sure, it screwed up my W/L percentage, but I'm satisfied.

Kangi

For Glory Sheiks exist solely to give me aneurysms.

Spam B and Fairs like it's your job then roll away anytime I get near you.

ffdgh

What do you get?
I got a random piece of equipment.

Like me! I love him. You'll be happy to know, though, that I've been slowly adjusting to Peach on the 3DS (had to assign jump to A and normal attack to B in order to perform float attacks) with decent success! :D

Good to hear. I've adjusted to the standard controls so floating/attacking is easy and switching them is a no go at this point. :p

Blizzard

Banned
One thing I found out tonight that makes me pretty happy is, in 1v1 even east coast vs. west coast seems to have pretty low latency. It didn't seem to vary much either. I played dragonlife and he was consistently hitting me with one spike after the other. I can't even do that against level 3 CPUs except once in a blue moon, practically.

I would definitely say it seems to depend on the ping between players and the internet connections involved.

Moonlight

Banned
I shouldn't have gone offstage there...
That was a lucky break for me, haha.

Great games, Beats! Wish I had a less unceremonious way to leave those rooms, but it's getting kinda late here. I'm a little proud of myself from going from a 1:4 stock ratio from last time to something closer to a 1:2, but I guess I've still got a ways to go. Luigi's dash attack never fails to catch me off guard. Don't think there's a single dash attack in the game that feels like it goes on as long as that does, so I always try to dodge roll out and I still get caught. And the air combos you were pulling off were great. Luigi feels a lot more threatening in this game than he ever has, haha. Took me a while to figure out how to deal with that fireball ledge-guarding too. :sweatdrop

(also is that a custom Luigi Missile? I swear that I can't remember that thing going that far)

And of course, I still have barely any clue how to handle your WFT. It's way too intense. That stuff you were doing with the heavy soccer ball like launching it at high speed with the Sun Salutation was craaaazy.

Think I've gotta work on my spacing, though. I was pretty bad at planting some of those Arcfires. :p

and all those times I forgot arcfire existed entirely ._.

EDIT: In hindsight, I should probably change one of my taunt bubbles to 'Good game' or 'gotta go' or something.

Hazu

I really feel like giving up. My win ratio is about 25% right now and even though I feel like I keep improving, I just keep being matched against better players than me.

It's a shame they didn't use Mario Kart 8 online system. =/

yeah....sucks. He can rack up the percentage. But I have such a hard time finishing people off with him. its unfortunate you cant jab cancel in this game, Otherwise I would still be able to set up that up-B for finishers. So hard to hit that move now.

love your DK and DeDeDe. Best DeDeDe I've played so far. Same goes for DK. Most DDD's online aren't effective with that projectile. One fireball sends it right back at them. But your timing was great.

but yeah. Definitely played longer than I planned. Was having that much fun. Although im pretty competitive sometimes, so some moments were just frustrating lol

hopefully we play again soon

New D3's pretty fun, I'm liking him a lot. But yeah, throwing Gordos can be a double-edged sword sometimes. I'm always keeping my shield up after I toss one in case it gets smacked back in my face lol.

Yo, but your Ganondorf was putting in work though. He pretty much clobbered me every time you brought him out; poor Charizard and Ike got messed up.

Top Bottom