• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

doowrah

How does anyone deal with Rosalina?! I've been maining Captain Falcon lately, and I can take on any number of Sheiks or Zamus' with decent success, but any good Rosalina is night untouchable

It's getting especially annoying now that one of my main friends I play with has picked her up to play, I need some help here

Golnei

Dark Pit rules because he was the center of the only flight-only stage in Kid Icarus: Uprising and his main theme is the best track in that game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COgGsetFrCM

This alone justifies his Smash appearance.

Sometime I wonder how many of the people hating on Dark Pit played Uprising and realize how significant of a character he was in that?

Despite not minding his character in Uprising itself, I really didn't like the way he was handled in Smash. And even though his theme's great, I question the necessity of two ingame versions of 'Dark Pit' and 'Wrath of the Reset Bomb'...it's not like Uprising didn't provide them with many, many alternative choices.

Hopefully, its soundtrack will be more fully represented by the Wii U game.

How does anyone deal with Rosalina?! I've been maining Captain Falcon lately, and I can take on any number of Sheiks or Zamus' with decent success, but any good Rosalina is night untouchable

It's getting especially annoying now that one of my main friends I play with has picked her up to play, I need some help here

I was in that same position last night. Faced a Rosalina as Falcon and I had to be really tricksy. She ended up beating me by a fair margin. I switched to Yoshi, though, and she was a lot more manageable with eggs going over the star and a better air game.

Durden77

Dark Pit rules because he was the center of the only flight-only stage in Kid Icarus: Uprising and his main theme is the best track in that game.

Sometime I wonder how many of the people hating on Dark Pit played Uprising and realize how significant of a character he was in that?

I loved Dark Pit in KI:U doesn't change what he is in Smash though.

Agree with Jawmuncher. KI:U is a fantastic game and Dark Pit was good it in. He's still stupid in Smash.

On the other hand, I have been playing Pit for the past hour or so, he's pretty fuckin great in this game, and really satisfying to play. With the changes in mechanics, his multi hit attacks feel better and are more effective.

He has some stupid quicks though, like the second hit of his fsmash not hitting all the time along with his multi-hit jab combo not fully connecting. I can live with the jab combo cause his one-two-three is fine, but the fsmash attack's gotta work or he'll eventually go in my garbage can.

I haven't faced too many Rosalinas, and I'm not that good with her myself, so take this advice with a grain of salt: try not to get too distracted by Luma. That's what Rosalina wants you to do: get hung up on Luma so she can sneak in and land a big hit. Luma's attacks are much weaker than Rosalina's, so try to ignore it as much as possible. Try to keep the pressure on Rosalina herself. That accomplishes two things: one, you only get a point for KOing Rosalina, not Luma; two, if Rosalina's constantly trying to fend you off, it's a lot harder for her to use Luma successfully. Finally, don't waste too much time trying to KO Luma. Rosalina's still a capable fighter without a Luma, and it only takes a few seconds for one to respawn anyway.

Negator

A really effective tactic is to launch Luma just off the edge and down tilt while they recover. It will usually kill most characters if Luma connects.

Azuran

Banned

The crowd also chants "Pittoo Pittoo Pittoo" during his cheer. That made me so damn happy when I first heard it. So glad he's playable.

Dimmle

Any Pit/Dark Pit players around that could give some advice for close-range combat and aerial options? His forward air is nice enough for edge guarding but I'm having trouble finding the sweet spot with his spike. It's very particular and usually ends up launching my foes upward.

Neiteio

The normal form of Arena Ferox is probably the best Pokémon Stadium-style stage ever. The transformations are so good. I love when the chain-suspended platforms nearly carry you off the top of the screen. I also like the clockwork Ferris wheel, and the Y-shaped formation lending itself to "character pinball." Also, the layouts with the crumbling statues from Castle Siege are a nice touch.

Jaeger

I played a really good Dark Pit player. I can't really be specific but he spaced me out so much, that no matter what I did he would out reach/attack me.

It was very frustrating.

Salsa

just played against a kirby and was all

tumblr_nd72rxaoij1tl7j2uo1_500.gif

Dimmle

The normal form of Arena Ferox is probably the best Pokémon Stadium-style stage ever. The transformations are so good. I love when the chain-suspended platforms nearly carry you off the top of the screen. I also like the clockwork Ferris wheel, and the Y-shaped formation lending itself to "character pinball." Also, the layouts with the crumbling statues from Castle Siege are a nice touch.

Those statues screw over Mega Mans' forward smash real good.

zroid

Banned

Arena Ferox is gdlk

Golnei

Ascending doesn't make a lot of sense because there is no way to tell where you place. You have no idea how many people are ahead of you.

I can only assume that was the intention. A very vague indication that shows you have some degree of proficiency, without intimidating or disheartening people with any degree of direct competition.

Ascending doesn't make a lot of sense because there is no way to tell where you place. You have no idea how many people are ahead of you.
Yes, you have no idea how many people are ahead of you. Sakurai made it pretty clear when this system was first revealed that that was the entire point.

Pompadour

Charmy being a 2500 coin trophy is such a rip-off. Guess should I find a good way to grind coins.

There's a glitch to sell the same piece of equipment over and over. If you don't have a really rare piece of equipment this method still takes quite awhile. Better than the alternative, though.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, you have no idea how many people are ahead of you. Sakurai made it pretty clear when this system was first revealed that that was the entire point.

I don't really care to follow the POTD so I don't really know that kind of stuff.

Seems like a waste of effort to even add the system in that case, if they are going to gimp it so people who suck don't feel bad about it. But I guess that seems to be Sakurai's entire game design philosophy, and it's one I don't agree with.

Timeaisis

The crowd also chants "Pittoo Pittoo Pittoo" during his cheer. That made me so damn happy when I first heard it. So glad he's playable.

WHAT?! WHAT!? Well, I need to hear this now.

Had a weird glitch just happen...

https://vid.me/hGh

Was just messin with Pit's recovery and he got stuck like this landing on the platform. I could move out of it though.

That's freaking weird. Also, good to see your avatar is back to Snake. :)

Played my the first good little mac yesterday. He seems broke as fuck on the hands of a good player, specially online. When I tried to lock him into aerials, he would just counter me. In the ground, his super armor and fast moves just destroyed me. It was infuriating.

I'm actually getting a string of really good players. I miss winning games lol.

Top Bottom