• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Durden77

That's freaking weird. Also, good to see your avatar is back to Snake. :)

Happy-days.jpg

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I have lost so many matches to shield breakers. You'd think i'd learn and not just sit around shielding right in front of an super damn slow marth/lucina/ganandorf shield breaker, but nope, i'll just sit there and give them a free win.

kimtish

Neo Member
Did we see this yet? Someone posted about it on the Smash subreddit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEC8m-ckNfI

Additional announcer voices pulled from the game. Supposedly confirms something called "Smash World".

Supposedly, this coincides with something posted on the Smash boards a few weeks ago:

"In addition to the Tower of Smash mode being available. The 3DS is also getting a new mode when the Wii U Version comes out.

This mode will be called “ Smash World “

This mode will be a mode where players can challenge players around the world in various formats of smash battles. The thing that differentiates this mode from others is that this mode can level your play skills and match you with players around your same skill. More features include daily challenges that must be met! If you play Smash World every day of the week, each day you will earn a prize and each day the prize will get better! Prizes include NEW Mii accessories, Coins, Smash Points, and for great performances, special powerups in future Smash World matches!

In addition to this mode, there will be another two characters available first on the Nintendo Wii U for a limited time! Those who do not get those characters in the time given, will be able to purchase those characters in the eShop.

Also the Wii U and 3DS will be given a new feature! A “Shop” mode where players can buy various items with the coins and money achieved.

When players are given Impa, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo, two more characters still remain available!

Those characters are Isaac from Golden Sun and Wonder-Red from Wonderful 101!
This Special DLC pack will be released in 2015 with the release of “Splatoon!”
A new ink blaster item will be added, a brand new Splatoon stage awaits your arrival! And maybe a special guest will appear to battle!
This all comes in Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Wii U and 3DS!!"

probably gaf>internet>gaf kind of thing but I figured I'd mention it anyways.

Sounds like shit to me but then again so did Duck Hunt dog.

I'm not even sure if I find online fun most of the time. Sure, its fun when you win, but since my wins are so few and far between its mostly just stress

Moonlight

Banned

Additional announcer voices pulled from the game. Supposedly confirms something called "Smash World".

Supposedly, this coincides with something posted on the Smash boards a few weeks ago:

"In addition to the Tower of Smash mode being available. The 3DS is also getting a new mode when the Wii U Version comes out.

This mode will be a mode where players can challenge players around the world in various formats of smash battles. The thing that differentiates this mode from others is that this mode can level your play skills and match you with players around your same skill. More features include daily challenges that must be met! If you play Smash World every day of the week, each day you will earn a prize and each day the prize will get better! Prizes include NEW Mii accessories, Coins, Smash Points, and for great performances, special powerups in future Smash World matches!

In addition to this mode, there will be another two characters available first on the Nintendo Wii U for a limited time! Those who do not get those characters in the time given, will be able to purchase those characters in the eShop.

Also the Wii U and 3DS will be given a new feature! A “Shop” mode where players can buy various items with the coins and money achieved.

When players are given Impa, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo, two more characters still remain available!

A new ink blaster item will be added, a brand new Splatoon stage awaits your arrival! And maybe a special guest will appear to battle!

why is this phrased like a press release

Timeaisis

Hmmmmmmmmm.......

If there's one thing I've learned about gaming rumours is that, whenever they are too good to be true, they usually aren't. Although the Smash World thing is intriguing.

While I call shenanigans on the post, Smash World is interesting. I can see it being the replacement for Smash Run. I am curious if you earn tickets through Classic or what.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I've followed the leak, and I've never seen Smash World mentioned alongside it...or at all.

So, I'm actually enjoying doing the "With Every Character" challenges, because I'm finding some really fun characters that I haven't played much of yet.
I really enjoyed Robin. She was fun.

Any Ike players?

Having huge match up problems with Dark Pit.

Reminds me I played a godly Ike player recently. Everything he did seemed perfectly calculated. I was absolutely destroyed. He was probably the best player I fought on For Glory, and it was the first I disconnected right after losing the first one, because I knew there was no way I'd beat him lol.

JeTmAn81

That DLC list does seem too good to be true, but Nintendo has shown some promising stuff with the Mario Kart DLC so we'll see what we get. I'm definitely expecting some decent new characters.

kunonabi

I'm getting real sick of this game. Even with the home button trick it's taking forever because of the doubles and other BS. Everytime I get down to one move left for character all I start getting is repeats.

Jawmuncher

I'm getting real sick of this game. Even with the home button trick it's taking forever because of the doubles and other BS. Everytime I get down to one move left for character all O start getting is repeats.

Main reason I'm not even bothering with custom moves.
Why Sakurai decided getting them like that was a good idea is beyond me.
Not worth the effort at all. Guy is great but some of his ideas can be pretty shit.

gerudoman

I'm definetely turning off the Beetle and the Galaga boss. I'm not the one to ban items, but with these in particular I'm starting to fear for my circle pad.

Spinluck

:lol

I might've been one of these Rosalina's.

It is so easy to wreck players who do not know how to deal with her.

The characters that have given me the hardest time with her have been Samus, Falco, and NESS.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Main reason I'm not even bothering with custom moves.
Why Sakurai decided getting them like that was a good idea is beyond me.
Not worth the effort at all. Guy is great but some of his ideas can be pretty shit.

Funny thing is, he even said customization stuff would not be grindy. Okay.gif

Timeaisis

So now that we've had just about a week to play...

Who's is your favorite newcomer to play as and why? For me, my favorite newcomer has to be Pac-Man. He's just so damn fun to play as. Second would be Mega Man.

Whose your favorite veteran to play as and why? Toon Link is just as fun he's ever been. Also really glad Doc is back.

Who's the most unexpected fighter you are enjoying? Bowser, Jr. Didn't think I'd enjoy him nearly that much, but he's won me over. with his crazy moveset.

What fighter are you most disappointed with (non-clone)? Probably Palutena. I see the potentially, she just doesn't have a lot going on.

What's your favorite new stage? Mute City and Reset Bomb Fortress are standouts for me.

What's your favorite new item? I love the Steel Diver, and am quite fond of Boomerang as well.

What's your favorite game mode other than regular Smash? The new Classic mode is great with intensities and branching paths.

How does Smash 4 3DS compare to the other games in the series for you? All in all, I like it better than Brawl, but about the same as Melee. Greatest roster so far. Only detriments are the somewhat limiting controls and the some disappointing stage selections. Wii U version will hopefully remedy these issues. I can see easily see Smash 4 becoming my favorite game of the series if so.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'm getting real sick of this game. Even with the home button trick it's taking forever because of the doubles and other BS. Everytime I get down to one move left for character all I start getting is repeats.

If anything, this game finally motivated me to play my backlogged copy of Fire Emblem Awakening. The moment I started it up, I have had zero urge to revisit Smash.

Top Bottom