• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

ec0ec0

3. I haven't played enough Shulk to know what you mean. What are you wanting to do with him? I mostly get buffs then jab/nair/up b.

The first thing that you notice about shulk is that his aerials have insane range. I said...

THE BIG ONE: shulk represents that THE YELLOW STICK IS MISSING!

because, well, the first thing that i wanted to do after seeing his fair/bair was to do them with the yellow stick. Those insane long range attacks are asking for spacing. Not being able to jump and, while moving backwards, doing that fair with the yellow stick, hurts.

Also, at first (yesterday), it seemed that shulk aerials were going to be slow.... because it seemed that those had really long animations and that nothing was going to save me from high landing lag, but that was not the case :) Even though his nair has a crazy long animation, it basically doesnt have landing lag. So, when you do his other aerials out of a full hop, you can press "a" (for the nair) just before touching the ground, and you are not going to have lag. That doesnt solve the problem of having lag when doing all the aerial (but nair) out of a short hop. But shulk invented a solution for that too!!...

MONADO ARTS!! For using them, you just press the "b" button once and you can instantly do whatever you want. You can keep presing "b" while doing other things to keep changing arts or you can let the "b" button alone for a moment and the art will take effect. But you dont even have to see the animation of shulk activating an art because, if you are doing something at the moment that shulk wants to do that animation, shulk can activate the art without the animation taking place. Also, if you let the animation happen (because you arent doing something that prevent it from happening), you can cancel it instantly with whatever you want. Before having the game, i thought that monado arts would be a lot more restrictive. Buts now is when the fun begings...

After understating how arts work... you can time the art so shulk activates it at the same time that you land with an aerial. Because of how arts work, thats easy to do. Some examples: you can just do a short hop, press "b", an aerial and not fast fall. Doing that, the activate art animation will coincide with your landing lag. Another example would be to press "b" (on the ground this time), short hop, aerial and fast fall. Another would be to, when grabbing the ledge, press back to drop, jump to the stage, press "b", aerial... etc

So if you can time the art so shulk activates it at the same time that you land with an aerial... in that situation shulk is not doing anything (his experimenting landing lag), so theres nothing preventing the activate animation from happening. The animation will happen just after you land, killing landing lag AND remember that that animation can be canceled instantly with whatever you want :p The result: depending on yout timing you can have literally 0 lag :O (sooo happy). The difference is not that noticeable with nair, but can be a huge difference with dair/bair and to a lesser extent fair.

After using the art to cancel the lag, you would disactivate it so you can use an art for that purpose again :)

And once you understand how arts work it easy to find other uses for them. You can time the art so shulk activates it at the same time that you want to cancel your run animation with something (whatever). Its the same as before. Shulk is not doing "anything" so the activate art animation will cancel your run and, then, you can cancel the activate art animation. Or you time the art so shulk activates it when you want to turn around mid air. When you are in the air, and right before the art animation happens, you press the oposite direction on the stick and shulk will do the art in the oposite direction. All you have to do then is to cancel the art animation with a jump or an attack.

Really, the only thing that shulk is missing is the YELLOW STICK!! He needs it badly.

I never thought that i could be so easy to play with the limitations imposed by the game. Thanks ARTS!!

Did we see this yet? Someone posted about it on the Smash subreddit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEC8m-ckNfI

Additional announcer voices pulled from the game. Supposedly confirms something called "Smash World".

Supposedly, this coincides with something posted on the Smash boards a few weeks ago:

"In addition to the Tower of Smash mode being available. The 3DS is also getting a new mode when the Wii U Version comes out.

This mode will be called “ Smash World “

This mode will be a mode where players can challenge players around the world in various formats of smash battles. The thing that differentiates this mode from others is that this mode can level your play skills and match you with players around your same skill. More features include daily challenges that must be met! If you play Smash World every day of the week, each day you will earn a prize and each day the prize will get better! Prizes include NEW Mii accessories, Coins, Smash Points, and for great performances, special powerups in future Smash World matches!

In addition to this mode, there will be another two characters available first on the Nintendo Wii U for a limited time! Those who do not get those characters in the time given, will be able to purchase those characters in the eShop.

Also the Wii U and 3DS will be given a new feature! A “Shop” mode where players can buy various items with the coins and money achieved.

When players are given Impa, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo, two more characters still remain available!

Those characters are Isaac from Golden Sun and Wonder-Red from Wonderful 101!
This Special DLC pack will be released in 2015 with the release of “Splatoon!”
A new ink blaster item will be added, a brand new Splatoon stage awaits your arrival! And maybe a special guest will appear to battle!
This all comes in Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Wii U and 3DS!!"

probably gaf>internet>gaf kind of thing but I figured I'd mention it anyways.

Sounds like shit to me but then again so did Duck Hunt dog.
Oh I see mewtwo!! I want to believeeeee

ffdgh

Aww...Got too cocky with toad lol. Thanks for the fun.
KuGsj.gif

So...we agreed winner take all on that last one, right? I guess that means I'm the better player!...:p

Great games man! Your peach is devastating.

Jokey665

So now that we've had just about a week to play...
Who's is your favorite newcomer to play as and why? Megaman. His fair and bair are too good and his fmash is super fun. Also: lemons.

Whose your favorite veteran to play as and why? Doc, probably. He was my main in Melee and I'm just super happy he's back.

Who's the most unexpected fighter you are enjoying? No real good answer here. I pretty much like all the characters I though I'd like.

What fighter are you most disappointed with (non-clone)? Ganon because I wish he had a sword.

What's your favorite new stage? The Xenoblade stage. Don't remember what it's called but it's got platforms on each side and the middle is empty.

What's your favorite new item? The drill is pretty goofy.

What's your favorite game mode other than regular Smash? None. Smash Run is like 85% of the way to being really really fun but something about it is just off. Classic is whatever.

How does Smash 4 3DS compare to the other games in the series for you? Gameplay is better than brawl and 64 but worse than melee (and project M). Sm4sh has a lot of things wrong with it, though. Not having an adventure mode/SSE blows, not having traditional break the targets blows, not having BOARD THE PLATFORMS! blows the most. Lack of events is dumb. Not very many "balanced" stages is disappointing. Only two songs per stage. I could go on. I know part of this is due to the limits of the 3DS vs a legit console but over all it feels super weak outside of just smashin' dudes. I know that long-term that's the one thing that really matters but overall the presentation is weak.

The fact this game implements a sell mechanic but doesn't let you sell the ridiculous amount of dupe trophies you get is pretty annoying.
What am I supposed to do with 7 of the same trophy?
Why do I get 3 of the same trophy in the same game of Trophy Rush?
Collecting stuff has always been the worst part of Smash and they've somehow made it even worse in this one!

NotLiquid

Additional announcer voices pulled from the game. Supposedly confirms something called "Smash World".

Supposedly, this coincides with something posted on the Smash boards a few weeks ago:

"In addition to the Tower of Smash mode being available. The 3DS is also getting a new mode when the Wii U Version comes out.

This mode will be a mode where players can challenge players around the world in various formats of smash battles. The thing that differentiates this mode from others is that this mode can level your play skills and match you with players around your same skill. More features include daily challenges that must be met! If you play Smash World every day of the week, each day you will earn a prize and each day the prize will get better! Prizes include NEW Mii accessories, Coins, Smash Points, and for great performances, special powerups in future Smash World matches!

In addition to this mode, there will be another two characters available first on the Nintendo Wii U for a limited time! Those who do not get those characters in the time given, will be able to purchase those characters in the eShop.

Also the Wii U and 3DS will be given a new feature! A “Shop” mode where players can buy various items with the coins and money achieved.

When players are given Impa, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo, two more characters still remain available!

A new ink blaster item will be added, a brand new Splatoon stage awaits your arrival! And maybe a special guest will appear to battle!

Please no

I want this to be true but I have suffered enough pain already

Durden77

Who's is your favorite newcomer to play as and why? It's really tough, but I've gotta go with Pac-Man as well. So damn entertaining, and really fits my playstyle.

Whose your favorite veteran to play as and why? Captain Falcon. Because he's Captain Falcon, and he doesn't suck anymore. Falco's a close second.

Who's the most unexpected fighter you are enjoying? Newcomer wise, Shulk. He's got his own type of meta to him and I like it. Veteran wise, Pit. Dunno why, but I'm really liking him a lot in this game.

What fighter are you most disappointed with (non-clone)? Possibly the Duck Hunt dog. He's designed in a way that doesn't really scratch my Duck Hunt nostalgia for some reason, more like a conduit just for old zapper games. And I thought I was going to love his playstyle, but so far is hasn't clicked.

What's your favorite new stage? As far as normal stages go, Mute City for sure.

What's your favorite new item? Blue shell. Really fun.

What's your favorite game mode other than regular Smash? I'm really starting to come around on Smash Run. It's got too many problems for it to be consistent, but exploring the map and fighting each different enemy has become pretty cool.

How does Smash 4 3DS compare to the other games in the series for you? Fucking Snake. Snake man. I liked Brawl just fine, but over time it's sluggish gameplay did start to wear on me. I'm enjoying this game's mechanics and general gameplay a lot more, and the balance feels great. It really feels like what Brawl should've been. Overall, I think it's better than Brawl, and while I love Melee and I'm glad to see this game go a bit more in it's direction, I've never been attached to it like some folk. So being better than Brawl is all that really matters to me.

But fucking Snake man.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Best newcomer is... Uh. I've actually barely played as any newcomers. Lucina and Mac maybe twice each and that's it.

Best veteran, Falcon feels so good. ZSS too, but she feels pretty different than what I'm used to. Mario feels really good too. Got to go with Falcon though, the Captain is back.

Unexpected fighter I've enjoyed, none really. Mac is okay, but I don't think I'll be using him much.

Most disappointing, Palutena and I haven't even played with her. Played against them and seen those specials and they are just, blah. And her attacks are really slow and punishable (offline).

Best new stage, hard to say since I haven't gotten all of them yet. F-Zero is cool. Magicant would be awesome if not for the horrible hazards.

None of the new items are really appealing to me. In general items are just kind of... there. I could tell you which I dislike.

Best mode, new Classic mode is cool. I've barely dabbled in the others and none really have me coming back.

Overall opinion, it's portable Smash. It feels watered down, hard to control, and "small." The gameplay is a step up from Brawl for sure, but not as fluid or good as Melee. It's let down by those controls though, just... argh. It makes it so unfun to play. That combined with the lack of appealing modes and online being laggy as hell (for me) leaves me not even really wanting to play. I've barely touched the game over the last few days, instead going back to practicing tech in PM.

I'm really looking forward to the Wii U version in a different light though, now that I know what we're getting into. And unlike Smash 3DS it will be a new Smash game that will feel bigger and better, with controls that aren't a literal pain. I look forward to dabbling in more characters in that version and really getting a proper feel for them, and not a gimpy 3DS feel.

kunonabi

so you lose items even if you chose not to continue? What the hell? I finally got the move but naturally the 4 items I lost were all the new custom items.

Whoever designed this deserves a kick in the balls.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
so you lose items even if you chose not to continue? What the hell? I finally got the move but naturally that 4 items I lost were all the new custom items.

On top of that, I didn't realize I lost all my coins I "bet" on that difficulty level until I quit and restarted many times. I thought if it said -300 or something you just lost those 300 coins, but if you quit you lose everything you bet at the start.

The fact this game implements a sell mechanic but doesn't let you sell the ridiculous amount of dupe trophies you get is pretty annoying.
What am I supposed to do with 7 of the same trophy?
Why do I get 3 of the same trophy in the same game of Trophy Rush?
Collecting stuff has always been the worst part of Smash and they've somehow made it even worse in this one!
I was so hoping it would start to use the data of how many dupe trophies you've got in silly ways. Things like giving them a silver or gold base rather than the bronze they start out as (so I wouldn't feel so sad if I got one many time as it now has a shiny base). Maybe in Smash 6.

so you lose items even if you chose not to continue? What the hell? I finally got the move but naturally that 4 items I lost were all the new custom items.

I was just thinking the same thing. You don't lose your score though.

It would be useful it you could choose what loot you lose i.e. the dupe trophies.

In my case I lost custom moves because I learned >=8.0 intensity forces you to fight Master & Crazy the hard way (I'm not good enough here so tend to lose at the sword form of core).

Hatchtag

Banned

This happens so often and is always so frustrating. Lot of frustrating design decisions in this game really.

ffdgh

Who's is your favorite newcomer to play as and why?
WFT and Duck Hunt. I enjoy hearing the former give fitness tips while attacking and the latter's spammy projectiles.

Whose your favorite veteran to play as and why?
Peach. Favorite Mario character and I like he moverset.

Who's the most unexpected fighter you are enjoying?
Space Peach Rosalina.

What fighter are you most disappointed with (non-clone)?
Honestly? Nobody.

What's your favorite new stage?
Magicant

What's your favorite new item?
Gust Bellows

What's your favorite game mode other than regular Smash?
Smash Run.

How does Smash 4 3DS compare to the other games in the series for you?
I'm enjoying it as much as I did Melee and Brawl. Bonus that it fixed many of Brawl's issues.

Cody_D165

Banned

Who's is your favorite newcomer to play as and why? I'd probably go with Pac-Man. Dude's hilarious to play with.

Whose your favorite veteran to play as and why? Captain Falcon, of course.

Who's the most unexpected fighter you are enjoying? Fox. He's super fun in Smash 4 and I don't have to worry about doing stupid Shine things.

What fighter are you most disappointed with (non-clone)? Probably Shulk, but that might just be because I don't fully understand his Monado yet.

What's your favorite new stage? SNES Mute City, Magicant

What's your favorite new item? Boss Galaga is fucking amazing.

What's your favorite game mode other than regular Smash? Does For Glory 1v1 count? Because that.

How does Smash 4 3DS compare to the other games in the series for you? It feels phenomenal, I find myself enjoying it just as much as I enjoy Melee and Project M. It's radically different, of course, and it lacks single player content, but I feel that it's leagues above Brawl in terms of gameplay.

I do feel slightly hindered by the 3DS controls and find myself with execution errors here and there. When Wii U hits and I have a cube controller in my hands I am going to have some serious fun with this game.

]Who's is your favorite newcomer to play as and why?
Little Mac if only because of nostalgia

Whose your favorite veteran to play as and why?
Zero Suit Samus if she counts

Who's the most unexpected fighter you are enjoying?
Greninja

What fighter are you most disappointed with (non-clone)?
Honestly? Nobody.

What's your favorite new stage?
Reset Bomb Forest

What's your favorite new item?
New Assist Trophies

What's your favorite game mode other than regular Smash?
Smash Run.

How does Smash 4 3DS compare to the other games in the series for you?

Never really played Brawl much but it is just as fun as Melee

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

It's fake. I posted all posts that leaker made in POTD thread. You will see why it's fake.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Well, I will repost all posts that bogus leaker made in other forum.

am unable to credit my sources. If I say who gave this to me, I can get myself in trouble and him most likely fired and pressed charges. Nintendo is not lenient at all with this matter.

And I was given another piece of information today at work.

More characters are being developed! There is no set release date for the second DLC, but the man who spoke to me says it may very well be end of 2015 for Wii U and mid 2015 for 3DS. Obviously the Wii U will need more time but it shall be worth it :)

But the characters they are fiddling with are Ice Climbers, Phazon Suit Samus, Machamp( FOR POKKEN), Roy, Krystal, King K. Rool, The Hero from Code name S.T.E.A.M., Dr. Luigi, Urban Champion from Urban Champion, and Mach Rider from ExciteBike

Working testable models of the characters include Phazon Suit Samus, Roy, Krystal, and Dr. Luigi. Mach Rider, Ice Climbers, Hero, and King K. Rool are unstable. Urban Champion is still a thought and so is Machamp.

They also said 10 more stages are coming and more modes if needed. The also said the 3DS will most likely stop getting stages and modes if the game gets too big, but the characters will ALWAYS be constant through both games.

And I asked the man this, "I thought Krystal and others had a trophy in the game already"

He answered by saying "Just because there is a trophy doesn't mean they won't be playable."

Also Mario Kart 8 will get ExciteTrucks for racing!

The Mach Rider I was told was from Excitebike. The Mach Rider from Mach Rider is considered a different Mach Rider. The Mach Rider from Excitebike will most likely be called Mach Rider or Excite Man stated by the teams.
Panel de Pon was never considered. Bandana Dee lost a vote from 162/450

The characters that got in with the most votes were Shulk with 421/450, Dr. Mario with 407/450, Palutena with 443/450, Dark Pit with 399/450, and Duck Hunt Dog with 379/450

Characters that aren't in that got lots of votes are

Mewtwo with 437/450, Chrom with 415/450, Ridley with 349/450, Dr. Luigi with 213/450, Mach Rider with 394/450, King K. Rool with 388/450, Dixie Kong with 245/450, Impa with 434/450, Blaziken with 206/450, and Wolf with exactly 400/450.

Characters eliminated with less that 200 votes are the following

Cooking Mama with 156/450, Bandana Dee with 162/450, Rider with 38/450(HORRIBLE), Pangoro with 187/450, and Frogger with 111/450.

Characters with a PERFECT 450/450 are only two.

Little Mac reached 450/450 and so did Charizard as his own character with 450/450
Pac-Man came close with 447/450. Wii Fit Trainer also came close with 446/450

Some characters had immunity; the obvious Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, etc.

I didn't get anything amusing to the ears today at work, but I did get something juicy.

Tournament mode will be BACK but only for the WIi U version. 3DS can participate but cannot start/edit/make any tournaments. They can only play as additional players in the bracket for the WII U VERSION ONLY!!

Ok let me get this straight
First of all I said Mach Rider from ExciteBike so I don't understand your false correctivity.
Second, The Wii U has more detail being, you know, HD AND ALL

And the development team is considering Ice Climbers being just Ice Climber as a seperate and having Nana be a alt costume. The final Smash and some moves would feature the duo preform together. The Wii U version would be the exact same.
And I never said I worked for the game.

So, you don't know what you are talking about. I have connections to them

And Cooking Mama was in fact considered but the vote to put her in was lost from 167/450 people.

The game itself has 49 characters
The Final Finale roster will consist of 65 characters
This will make the DLC characters have 16 fighters

The following are DLC FOR SURE COMING

Ridley
Mewtwo
Chorus Men
Dixie Kong
Impa
Isaac
Wonder-Red
Lucas

The following are the DLC being considered but most likely coming

Dr. Luigi (Mario series)
Urban Champion (Urban Champion Series)
Wolf (StarFox series)
Ice Climbers (Ice Climber series)
Mach Rider (ExciteBike series)
Solid Snake (Metal Gear series)
Galacta Knight (Kirby series)
Blaziken (Pokemon series)

No characters from any Pilotwings game. Sorry.

I also got an email from my buddy who gave me the information on a previous page. I can't show you the email for legal reasons. And give me crap for this, You'll feel pretty stupid when this does happen. So complain and hate all you want, you'll just come out looking like an idiot.

Now then...

More characters and DENIALS of previous characters. Apparently, I was lied to.

THE CHARACTERS FOR SURE ON THE Way are the following

Ridley, Impa, Choir Boys(NOT CHORUS MEN ANYMORE), Mewtwo, and Dixie Kong

Lucas and Wolf are eventually coming but not until early 2015.
Ice Climbers or Ice Climber are still being tested, so it may be 2015 before we get them or never. I asked, and right now they said Ice Climbers have a 10% percent chance in making it in. Sorry guys! The 3DS just can't handle 4 Ice Climber players at once on one screen.

Mach Rider, Solid Snake, Galacta Knight, Roy, and Machamp WERE ALL FAKES! THEY are INDEED NOT COMING! Bust out those Mii making skills people, you're going to need them for these guys..

Blaziken has been scrapped. He required too many moving abilities and it just wasn't working out.
Dr. Luig is INDEED Coming in any way shape or form!
They can't decide whether to make him an alt. for Luigi, or a separate character.

Isaac from Golden Sun is becoming a character! GET HYPE YALL!

Wonder - Red is just going to be an assist trophy now...may be featuring the rest of the gang too.

SO TO RECAP

FIGHTERS OFFICIALLY COMING AT SOME TIME ARE!!

Ridley, Impa, Choir Boys, Mewtwo, Isaac, Dixie Kong, Lucas, Wolf, and one more secret character I will reveal shortly.
The guy/woman(CANT SAY), does not work with stages! He is unable to leak any info about stages! Sorry!

ALSO! The Captain Toad rumor is indeed fake. He is not coming. Not even an assist.

Now the secret character

The characters from Splatoon!

The first DLC will be free. Call it DLC or whatever you want

Everyone knows this leak by now. Connect the 3DS to the WIi U and get additional stuff
Characters will be Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Choir Boys, and Impa.

SECOND DLC will be released March 2015
The characters are Lucas, Wolf, and hopefully Ice Climbers, if not Ice Climbers, then they will add Roy.

THIRD DLC will be when Splatoon! Releases! SAME DAY AND EVEYTHING!

The characters will be Isaac, SPLATOON GIRL AND BOY, and maybe Dr. Luigi or the Urban Champion.

The Splatoon Character(NAME UNKNOWN) is going to be one fighter. Similar to Robin, he and she will be able to have the same moves and everything. The only difference is that you can switch from different variations of the fighter. Also, the Squids will be enemies in Smash Run and we will get a stage of Splatoon!.
And that's ALL folks!

Who's is your favorite newcomer to play as and why? Really digging Robin. I loved Awakening and I just really like the mix of ranged and close-up attacks he/she has. I've always gravitated towards characters like Link, so Robin's kind of up my ally.

Whose your favorite veteran to play as and why? Really glad Link's been buffed, but holy cow do I like playing as Zero Suit Samus now. Wasn't a huge fan in Brawl but I love the way she plays here.

Who's the most unexpected fighter you are enjoying? Again, probably Zero Suit. Was not a fan at all in Brawl but I really like her here.

What fighter are you most disappointed with (non-clone)? Rosalina, I guess. I was really curious to play around with her and Luma, and I probably need to practice a lot more, but I have trouble getting a handle on her.

What's your favorite new stage? Mute City, Arena Frefox and Reset Bomb Factory.

What's your favorite new item? I love the blue shell as well as the gust bellows.

What's your favorite game mode other than regular Smash? I really like the changes to Classic Mode as well. The intensities from Kid Icarus work really well, and I like the branching nature. The short playtime is also great for short bursts.

How does Smash 4 3DS compare to the other games in the series for you? Really loving it. I liked Brawl a lot, but it didn't have the staying power that Melee did for me. I don't know if I'll ever be into a Smash game as much as I was into Melee, but I could definitely see myself playing this for years to come, much more so than Brawl. Cannot wait for the WiiU version.

Goon Boon

Banned
Either the guy lucked onto the Smash World name, or they probably datamined the shit out of the game and held onto the supported shit like Smash World till someone else found it to make their own fan fiction grade wants/expectations seem credible.

Thoughts after a week...

- Stage selection is pretty poor. It's depressing because stages like Magicant and that Kirby Gameboy one clearly have a lot of inspiration behind them but they just suck. I think Sakurai refuses to have "normal" stages anymore. Like they need to have some kind of dumb gimmick to make them stand.

- Single player offerings are just bad. Classic feels incomplete, All-Star is boring after the first or second time around, and the stadium games are all comically breakable. Except Target Blast, but that one is terrible.

- Smash Run is pretty cool, but it makes me wish I could just run around and explore and get items and whatnot rather than be on a 5 minute timer to play some mildly entertaining match/game at the end.

- The main menu/character select music isn't that good and I'm tired of hearing it constantly whenever I'm playing.

- Online had a lot of lag in the 5 matches tried.

- Little Mac is the dumbest character ever created.

- This complaint probably makes no sense but I actually kind of wish there were less characters. Seeing things like 8+ characters having down B counters or arcfire and PK fire almost being identical makes me wish they spent more time making the original fighters more unique. I also wish they focused more on classic characters rather than flavor of the month characters like Robin/Lucina/Palutena/fucking Dark Pit/Greninja/etc. Meanwhile Metroid, DK, and other games with characters that are actually over 3 years old don't get shit. Awesome.

- The unlock system is hilariously terrible. If it takes such minimal effort to get the whopping 1/5th of the cast that's unlockable, don't even bother. Also by making customs hard to get and repeatable, you've heavily damaged any chance of people using them seriously because seriously, nobody likes classic mode that much.

Mostly just complaining but... eh :/. Still fun to play with friends though.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Who's is your favorite newcomer to play as and why? Pac-Man. Visually and mechanically, he just feels SO good. I thought Snake and Sonic in Brawl, and even Mega Man felt a bit off...but Pac-Man just clicks for me.

Whose your favorite veteran to play as and why? Bowser. Dude feels AMAZING this time around. I'm glad they ditched the "car run" fuckery. The fuck is that from?

Who's the most unexpected fighter you are enjoying? Alph and R.O.B. Didn't care for them at all in Brawl, but here they're clicking. Same with Sonic and Wario, too. The Brawl characters are the most improved to me, except Meta Knight, he's off-feeling.

What fighter are you most disappointed with (non-clone)? Palutena. She's fine as a character, but her default moveset is a bit stale, and I just feel she doesn't come across as "complete". I can't really feel any of her customs either.

What's your favorite new stage? Pac-Maze! It's got a decent, non-super intrusive gimmick, great music, and is a BLAST in Free For All.

What's your favorite new item? Gust Bellows. Cheap as fuck, but oh so fun when you're using them.

What's your favorite game mode other than regular Smash? I actually really enjoy both the new Classic Mode and Smash Run, the latter being a bit flawed (mainly due to how the end match is set-up). A patch allowing more customization of that would be nice.

How does Smash 4 3DS compare to the other games in the series for you? The game-play clicks with me more than any other game in the series, it feels smooth to me and a lot of character I didn't care for in past titles suddenly feel right. Content wise, it's about on Melee-level for me. I like all the collectibles, as it keeps me playing since I enjoy the SP part of Smash. I still sort of think Brawl wins, overall. Smash 3DS is funner to play, yet feels lacking compared to Brawl.

Durden77

I finally finished this piece and figured you guys would enjoy. This took me forever....

tumblr_nd8sx239qx1qbgbeeo1_1280.png

It's beautiful, but every time I see Snake associated with Smash these days it makes me so damn sad....

And he looks so fuckin cool in this too.... Also like Diddy on his shoulder, guessing that's a Snake vs. Monkey thing?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just gonna add my voice to the Palutena dissapointment. Her default moveset is just plain awful and even with customs she's just such a weak character because of her laggy moveset and slow movements.

Luckily, Bowser is a massive blast to play.

Crayolan

Another leak for people to hopelessly latch onto, wonderful.

Well, I will repost all posts that bogus leaker made in other forum.

Lol, this is so laughably bad. I can't tell if the guy is trying to make it seem sarcastic or not.

Top Bottom