• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

KarmaCow

Finally got connected a few games where the lag wasn't completely awful. It's still noticeable (which is to be expected) but not the game pausing every 10 seconds. And it's against a guy who likes using Little Mac, which is the most annoying thing to fight against with a little lag. It's not a tough match, it's quite simple really especially against the lower skilled ones but it's just annoying when your shield just takes a tad too long to come up compared to offline. Using Ganondorf against him is satisfying though, his side B is great for shutting them down.

Does conquest only count For Glory? Do you have to do anything to sign up?

Also, how do you get notified if your team wins?

It's online in general. There will a little notice on the bottom of the top screen at the start of the match if it will count toward the conquest.

Blizzard

Banned
Little Mac I like your hair.

Let me just STEAL IT SO KIRBY LOOKS COOL.

So fucking irritated, I kind of wish I bought this physically so I could return it until they fix their shit online.
Are you certain it's Nintendo's fault? I've had matches with virtually no lag since my connection is decent and I'm playing nearby people. I'm playing a whole bunch of those matches with EmCee right now, for example.

Little Mac I like your hair.

Let me just STEAL IT SO KIRBY LOOKS COOL.

Are you certain it's Nintendo's fault? I've had matches with virtually no lag since my connection is decent and I'm playing nearby people. I'm playing a whole bunch of those matches with EmCee right now, for example.
I can play any and all other games on any other system including 3ds over wifi with no issues, it's literally only this game. I'm playing with randoms but it's just so bad.

Makai

So fucking irritated, I kind of wish I bought this physically so I could return it until they fix their shit online.
It's a P2P game. There's no way to fix it because that's what they're like. Server based games hide lag but fighting games are basically unplayable with a client-server setup. How is online for you in other fighting games?

Cedric

Ugh Rosalina's up B annoys me so much, I just wanna grab the ledge not fly past it -_-

By the way I hate Wario's motorcycle now hahahah

Blizzard

Banned
I can play any and all other games on any other system including 3ds over wifi with no issues, it's literally only this game. I'm playing with randoms but it's just so bad.

It's a P2P game. There's no way to fix it because that's what they're like. Server based games hide lag but fighting games are basically unplayable with a client-server setup. How is online for you in other fighting games?

Bingo. ESPECIALLY if you're playing with randoms, that means that more than one other person has to have a really good ping to you, and to each other. With good connections to 1v1 friends, I've had low or no lag in nearby states, OR east coast to west coast. Find someone within 2-3 states who doesn't get lag and try that.

On another note, tonight may be the first time I've ever tried Lucina. I actually like how she plays! I am confused by her side B-B-B combo, but it seems like to get the third hit, you may actually have to mash SLOWER instead of faster. That's a relief. I think I should read the manual.

*edit* Sorry EmCee, I need a "posting on GAF" taunt.

I can play Street Fighter 4 flawlessly on PC, or could before the last update (haven't played since then).

Smash is the only game that craps out on me.

-Horizon-

Unlocked Mr Game and Watch.

And my god the Trophy Shop, every time I see "On sale!" I feel compelled to buy. 20% off? Nah, I can wait. 50% and more? Buy buy buy! Its like Sakurai knows how we think ;D

Blizzard

Banned
There might have been occasional lag, but I felt like for the most part that was good, EmCee. Though no lag sucks when playing against fast players.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

What game mode are you playing? 2 or 4 player? For glory or for fun?

I've had the worst time with 4 player modes in For Fun. I don't know if all the items and players are too much for it, or for fun is where all the people with bad internet connections go, with 3 times the chance someone else causes a problem.

1v1 for glory I get perfectly lag free matches the majority of the time. Anybody that's laggy I can just boot and search again after a match.

Blizzard

Banned
Just when I consider starting to play Lucina...it turns out she's not part of the "Swordfighters" Conquest category. Boooo!

I guess they wanted to keep it 4v4v4, though with Little Mac being so common you would think a slight numbers imbalance would be fine.

These matches are for me to learn some characters so it's all good.

yeah i really need to learn palu :/
i should just use her normals and rely less on her specials unless needed i see

aww nice XD

ugh i should stop sorry it got a bit laggy there :/

gg man sorry for the last game of lag the games were fun XD

edit again : yeah my internet has these weird spikes from time to time :/

Cedric

Hahaha man Nintendo needs to get better with this whole online thing. Never mind friend codes, the fact that you can't communicate with your friends when they're online playing Smash is awful.

Do all Captain Falcon players have terrible internet or something? Every time I've faced one the match has been a lagfest, and a couple I should have been able to beat but the game stuttering and stopping and starting just makes it impossible to dodge and use actual technique. Ugh.

NotLiquid

Just met a Lucario camper in For Glory and it was literally the most miserable fight I'd ever had in Smash Bros.

Asshole got a cheap shot on me after taking it into Sudden Death despite me constantly having a lead on him. Maybe it's a good thing Nintendo made contacting people not possible after all cause that left me fucking embittered.

I play with this shitty connection:

and the majority of my games is almost lagless, some even perfectly lagless. I've played close to 150 matches online.

You might have had the bad luck of only getting people with bad connections.

Top Bottom