• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Them whirling blades.

tumblr_me6sdgSho01qdlh1io1_r1_400.gif

ChrisD

Does Shamrock by any chance use Ness' PK Thunder to bat you around repeatedly in the air? I fought a Ness that did that against my Lucina and I was helpless, felt defeated.

I wonder if it was Shamrock.

Hit it with your blade or dance around it. Got "stuck" in that before, and it definitely looks like you're stuck in an infinite lock. When you're not caught in the moment you realize how easy it is to break haha.

vixlar

It makes me sad that there's no Punch Out AT. I think it could be cool seeing Super Macho Man's Tornado Punches or Great Tiger Teleport Punches...

Did they playtest Olimar properly? If you play as Olimar on Gaur Plains and you spawn on the bottom left platform every Pikmin he pulls up in his entrance fall directly into the abyss.

Beats

Yup, it's pretty great. But there are still so many people online that can't adapt and enjoy a new iteration that isn't Melee. I'm super excited about the new AT and custom moves.

Eh, if someone doesn't enjoy the game then that's fine. People don't have to move on and adapt to the new iteration if it's not what they're looking for in a fighting game. It's not a big deal.

Man I'm trying to spice up my Yoshi's moves because most of the time I just use B down egg roll. But its so effective against most people in For Glory lol. But I know that people who actually know how to fight just kick my ass so I need to try and do something more besides spamming things.

ffdgh

Man I'm trying to spice up my Yoshi's moves because most of the time I just use B down or egg roll. But its so effective against most people in For Glory lol. But I know that people who actually know how to fight just kick my ass so I need to try and do something more besides spamming things.

Throw eggs. Annoying things will keep most characters away lol.

Unbounded

Phew. Good matches Unbounded. Man some of those DK customs are impressive

Oh definitely. Up special 3 is way better than I expected. I didn't even think it'd have super armor OR be a kill move! Nor did I expect that going back to down 1 would be a long-ranged shieldbreaker.

Only thing I'm unsure of is which side special I should use. Any suggestions?

Oh definitely. Up special 3 is way better than I expected. I didn't even think it'd have super armor OR be a kill move! Nor did I expect that going back to down 1 would be a long-ranged shieldbreaker.

Only thing I'm unsure of is which side special I should use. Any suggestions?

What is the other custom option for sideB?

WarAdept

Man I love Smash Run, even on single players.

Having OP characters blast ginormous lasers, missiles and other flashy shit across the screen never ceases to amuse me.

Sorry Crim, I just found out I couldn't join because I was locked out for 9 mins.

All good now, hosting anyone who wants to 1v1.

0301 9822 1084

Kjellson

I have discovered that Bowser Jr.'s (or the Koopalings') Up-B is one of my favorite moves. It has happened countless times that I've been launched upwards and use that move to shoot the Clown Car down on the opponent. They (almost) never see it coming!

Olimar just feels buggy in general. Sometimes his Pikmin will just run the wrong way or get stuck on parts of the map.
Yes, yes, yes. He feels like a hair's breath away from breaking apart completely at any moment.

Out of every veteran that made the transition he feels the absolute worst off. Moves nerfed across the board, three Pikmin limit hurts him a lot more than is immediately apparent, and definitely seems like the most prone to glitches thanks to the Pikmin's AI (which actually seems worse than it was in Brawl, which does not help the lowered Pikmin limit at all).

Ugh...
Toon Link can go stick his head up a Dodongo's ass.
They need to nerf his arrows and boomerang or make stale move negation effect them more; those two moves encourage some pretty spammy/campy behavior.

Edit: I was just fighting the most annoying Toon Link player...and he was basically pressing ">B" and "B" 90% of the time...what a piece of shit.

Yes, yes, yes. He feels like a hair's breath away from breaking apart completely at any moment.

Out of every veteran that made the transition he feels the absolute worst off. Moves nerfed across the board, three Pikmin limit hurts him a lot more than is immediately apparent, and definitely seems like the most prone to glitches thanks to the Pikmin's AI (which actually seems worse than it was in Brawl, which does not help the lowered Pikmin limit at all).

I imagine if Olimar wasn't such an important character he'd have been cut like Ice Climbers.

I hope he's better in the Wii U version just by virtue of smarter AI and not 5fps animations for the Pikmin which can be pretty jarring.

His Pikmin can't even bloom on the 3DS and picking up items seems to be entirely random or hard to do, while on the Wii U it seemed like he did it no problem.

Top Bottom