• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

I've been playing Olimar a bit, and he actually seems pretty good. His recovery is better than in Brawl, and while it could be seen as a nerf in some ways, I honestly find three Pikmin easier to manage than six.

Ugh...
Toon Link can go stick his head up a Dodongo's ass.
They need to nerf his arrows and boomerang or make stale move negation effect them more; those two moves encourage some pretty spammy/campy behavior.

Edit: I was just fighting the most annoying Toon Link player...and he was basically pressing ">B" and "B" 90% of the time...what a piece of shit.

I agree. I also hate that his dair can push you away.

Unbounded

What is the other custom option for sideB?

The three options are 1: The regular one with no jump.

2: The jump one, but they're in the ground for a shorter time.

3: The heavy one with super armor. It's around twice as slow.

I might jump to the super armor one because, yknow, super armor. But I'm really unsure about the speed for it.

I like the jump one since it gives me a fast approach option to the ground, and the jump can be a good surprise, but no super armor, and shorter time in the ground is a pain in the butt.

As far as I know, all three are shieldbreakers.

My friend just sent me this
DcimKeu.png

I fucking lol'ed

The Knee of Villainy?

I imagine if Olimar wasn't such an important character he'd have been cut like Ice Climbers.

I hope he's better in the Wii U version just by virtue of smarter AI and not 5fps animations for the Pikmin which can be pretty jarring.

His Pikmin can't even bloom on the 3DS and picking up items seems to be entirely random or hard to do, while on the Wii U it seemed like he did it no problem.
I didn't even realize the flowers didn't bloom. What's up with that?

I've been playing Olimar a bit, and he actually seems pretty good. His recovery is better than in Brawl, and while it could be seen as a nerf in some ways, I honestly find three Pikmin easier to manage than six.
The Pikmin were easy as heck to manage in Brawl if you put in the time to practice. It's a definite nerf. Having six different potential Pikmin in your entourage was very useful and let you have a Pikmin for every situation. Olimar in SSB4 feels like he's always playing with less than a full hand.

And while his recovery is mostly a buff, honestly, he was so good in Brawl that by the time he died he tended to deserve it. The recovery buff feels more like an unsatisfactory buff to keep him somewhat relevant but definitely does not make up for the loss of Pikmin numbers.

Spinluck

Man, Sonic is too fast for Link. I couldn't set up anything there :eek:

Yeah, against slow characters I just rush. Odds are if it is a slow character they can kill a Sonic quickly with a few good hits.

LOL at that Rest fail.

EDIT: This is my last one! Gotta get to bed soon.

Revven

I literally just had the worst lag right now, holy crap. Every single second the smash symbol popped up, essentially trying to stabilize the connection but it never did until the very last moment where it mattered and I won the match. Good lord...

Azuran

Banned
Yeah, against slow characters I just rush. Odds are if it is a slow character they can kill a Sonic quickly with a few good hits.

LOL at that Rest fail.

EDIT: This is my last one! Gotta get to bed soon.

I think the biggest fail there was me running right into that Sing :p

I didn't even realize the flowers didn't bloom. What's up with that?

I don't really know. I can't believe they're running the game on such a razor tight processing budget that they can't run a simple timer to upgrade the Pikmin at a certain point.

They do bloom on the Wii U though.

But he really feels bad this game. His side special is close to useless

Jamix012

Howdy, I'm finally in a place where the firewall won't cut me off. Anyone wanna 1v1 me no items any stage? my FC is 3308 5717 4030

Spinluck

GGs Azuran, that was really fun. Need to work on some of my characters though. Lol.

Your Pit's are pretty good, first time I've had trouble against them.

Azuran

Banned
Fun matches man. TIL I learned I don't know how to deal with Sonic using Link.

GGs Azuran, that was really fun. Need to work on some of my characters though. Lol.

Your Pit's are pretty good, first time I've had trouble against them.

My main problem with Pit is that I just don't know how to KO. Landing those sweet spot always screws me over so people always live past 150% -.- Then I get desperate, start spamming side+B and get punished every time.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I actually enjoy Olimar (well, Alph!) this time around, unlike in Brawl. For some reason, he didn't click with me, but now he is...

But I definitely notice he feels really glitchy at times, and I've started to wonder if part of the reason Alph wasn't made his own character is Sakurai was a bit anxious about Olimar on the 3DS in general to make a clone that'd suffer the same issues.

It really does seem like he'll legitimately be different on the Wii U, but not in a way that intrudes on parity, but simply on accident.

what is DACUS
Dash Attack Cancelled Up Smash

Basically, with a controller with a second stick you can use that for the dash attack so getting the up-smash immediately after you start a dash attack is possible. It makes you go flying with specific chars. However, on the 3DS, while this is theoretically possible, it's very, very hard.
Whoops, I got muddled up, I was thinking of just dashing into up smash! Sorry for the mistake!
D: I was hoping you had some sort of secret! lol

Spinluck

Fun matches man. TIL I learned I don't know how to deal with Sonic using Link.

My main problem with Pit is that I just don't know how to KO. Landing those sweet spot always screws me over so people always live past 150% -.-

Yeah, his forward B has some great KO power (and super armor I did not know this... it can also reflect projectiles?) but the start up and cool down seem downright criminal.

Also, I swear to god Pit is a heavy sometimes, he like never dies lol.

Top Bottom