• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

So, I have unlocked almost all the characters by just playing regular, offline, solo smash. But, how do I unlock more stages? I've been playing online too, and that didn't seem to do the trick. I got Magicant but not sure how.

So my friends and I invented a mode we call Luma Battle

Four player only, everyone is Rosalina, only items are Pokeballs

Its very dumb and completely impossible to keep track of who's Luma is where

Lol this sounds amazing.

Yeah we'll try it again after a while. I didn't know it would work at all! If his fsmash beat sher counter consistently he'll have a major advantage in that match-up.

CoconutTank I gotta room up if you're still down.

Edit : This time I got greninja'd
Doesn't seem like ant1532's responded yet, we can play a couple I guess :p

regional winners for those Gamestop tournaments

BznY6hLCEAAXxtR.jpg

Baltimore, VA eh

woo! my man ember! super nice dude, and very humble. hope he wins this! dude's been texting me about his flight.

Durden77

Those were great games Coconuttank! You're ROB is really good, he can be such a scary character holy shit.

I fucked up my recovery at the end there. As great as Pit's recovery is, sometimes I hate his up b.

Those were great games Coconuttank! You're ROB is really good, he can be such a scary character holy shit.

I fucked up my recovery at the end there. As great as Pit's recovery is, sometimes I hate his up b.
You were demolishing me the entire time though. The only thing I really learned was to stop doing dsmash since that ended up being a free throw for you. That and I don't know how to intercept your recovery properly :(

Yeah I was a bit surprised by the recovery at the end, you pretty much had every game in the bag. GGs!

I really like what they've done with Sheik in this game. I never really used her much before, but that new down B is so good.

Can someone with more Smash knowledge than I explain why Sheik went from mid tier back to top tier in Smash 4?

ant1532

Banned
You were demolishing me the entire time though. The only thing I really learned was to stop doing dsmash since that ended up being a free throw for you. That and I don't know how to intercept your recovery properly :(

Yeah I was a bit surprised by the recovery at the end, you pretty much had every game in the bag. GGs!

hey we're still playing if you wanna join. jr (another gaf member) just joined we can do teams

Durden77

I wasn't really doing any better against ROBs recovery, he's hard to stop.

hey we're still playing if you wanna join. jr (another gaf member) just joined we can do teams

Room for one more? I'd love to try teams.

ant1532

Banned
I wasn't really doing any better against ROBs recovery, he's hard to stop.

Room for one more? I'd love to try teams.

yeahyeah

borkbork and jr, wait a sec and let me add durden. ill recreate the room in one minute

ps. borkbork good games lol. so many sds

Flowmoney

Phew, that was A LOT of matches. Sorry man, but I'm wiped out! Bed time for me. But great games! Your Wario and Yoshi are great!

Thanks for playing!

Good games man , you literally beat me with every character.

You outclassed me but I still had fun playing you and somehow I didn't notice that we were going at it for so long.

Anyway man , we should play each other again sometime.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
GG's ant - Jigglypuff's aerial priorities are crazy lol.

I find that I have a hard time adjusting in game - the longer a match goes on, the more I fade. Something I gotta work on.

Gotta get some sleep :)

Durden77

Something weird I just noticed about Dark Pit in multi man smash is that his f tilt wouldn't kill the mii's instantly, where as Pit's always would. Might just be from the properties of multi-man Smash, but it could show there's some differences between that move for them.

F tilt's one of Pit's best moves, so sucks for Dark Pit's fat ass.

So, I have unlocked almost all the characters by just playing regular, offline, solo smash. But, how do I unlock more stages? I've been playing online too, and that didn't seem to do the trick. I got Magicant but not sure how
Try going through page 1 of the challenge board. You're probably missing 4 stages. (how to get)
2 from doing Kirby and Pac-Man final smashes (can do these in training) and 2 from winning three matches in multiplayer (1 stock vs. CPU works here) with C.Falcon and Villager.
The rest are triggered by character unlocks and you need page 2 of the challenge board unlocked for the last one
Flat Zone 2 (also Mr. Game & Watch unlocked)

Bahahahahaha got 916 attack with Charizard in Smash Run. 2 smash attacks and everyone was dead.
I love it when you manage to get like 7-0 in the one minute match due to that.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if can you even climb to the top in the climbing challenge, the bottom screen implies the top is at about 300m (but I don't know if it is relative to your position and the tower is endless). I should probably use Shulk if I want to experiment with this (the Monado power to boost jump would make this easier)

So, I have unlocked almost all the characters by just playing regular, offline, solo smash. But, how do I unlock more stages? I've been playing online too, and that didn't seem to do the trick. I got Magicant but not sure how.
Most of them are unlocked by completing the challenges of the first board.

To put things in perspective for you, I've had the game for almost a month, and the only thing I've collected all of are the outfits. Still missing two headgears (Christmas Hat and the King's Hat), and who knows how many custom moves. I can also say with near certainty that I'm still nowhere near collecting all the Smash Run Powers. Hope that helps! ;)

There are 44 different powers and they each have a range of Lv1-Lv4, so that is 174 different Smash Run Powers in total. I usually pick up 4-6 of them each run, but since you can get duplicates, it's pretty grindy.

That's super helpful, thanks! I just decided to use the hammer on that challenge. Would rather grind something I can see a quantifiable end to (100-Man Smash) than something random that could go on for a long, long time. That's why I hammered the "get all custom special moves" one too.

I've actually enjoyed playing through this with all of the characters. I just do 10-Man Smash first to figure out which moves can KO the Miis in one hit (running attacks usually end up being the best method) and then I do the 100-man run. It only takes 3-4 minutes to do a 100-man run (maybe 5 minutes total if you include 1-2 runs of 10-Man first for practice). I think I've only failed on 100-man once or twice.

I can see how it would seem like chore if you tried to do it all at once (I got burned out on this in Brawl) but it can be quite fun if you just chip away at it gradually.

Yeah, I've done 4-5 characters already and it's fine. Not hard, just a bit repetitive. :p

Seiniyta

For anyone that want to play 1vs1 no items (custom moves allowed) on FD, Battlefield, Yoshi's and Prism tower: add me

FC: 4854-6764-6410

Lol this sounds amazing.

Spoilered in case not everyone wants to know how to unlock them:

Balloon Fight - Use Villager three or more times
Dream Land - Use Kirby's Final Smash once
Flat Zone 2 - Unlock Mr. Game & Watch and the second page of Challenges
Magicant - Unlock Ness
Mute City - Place first with Captain Falcon three times
Pac-Maze - Use Pac-Man's Final Smash once
WarioWare, Inc. - Unlock Wario

Top Bottom