• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I have 296 custom moves right now with many characters having all of their custom moves and for the most part, I didn't really play a mode more than once, and if I did, I would do Smash Run and it would take me at most 4 times to get the one I need.

I feel like the way to get custom moves is just to play through various single-player modes.

And not sure why outfits are giving people so much trouble. I got them pretty easily.

I already have all outfits so far but I'm not sure how many head gears I need, and I'm doing very well with custom moves. Once I'm done with all single players content (All Stars, 100 Man and Smash Run) then I will focus on grinding.

Zyrox

Hi Smashgaf,
Got my account activated on Gaf at last. Huge Smash Bros. Fan here. Lurked the Smash Bros. threads since the first one (so I witnessed all the insanity lol, it was quite a ride).
Looking forward to plaiying with you all. If anyone wants to get some matches in right now, my FC is 3523-2055-1755

Hi Smashgaf,
Got my account activated on Gaf at last. Huge Smash Bros. Fan here. Lurked the Smash Bros. threads since the first one (so I witnessed all the insanity lol, it was quite a ride).
Looking forward to plaiying with you all. If anyone wants to get some matches in right now, my FC is 3523-2055-1755

Welcome :lol

ConmanIX

Hi Smashgaf,

Welcome! I'll play a few games if you want. FC is 4527 8561 7100

Masked Man

I said wow
i got to slow down on the attacks when fighting little mac lol

your palutena is really good XD

Yeah, spacing is key when playing as and against Mac--something I forget from time to time. D:

I still have a lot of work to do with Lady Palutena... She just has so few approach options.

Also, nice counters ands poking with that last match! You've got a nice Lucina. :)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I've realized that so many levels try and kill you by either quickly moving a platform up or down, or moving the stage boundary...

3D World, Golden Plains, to and from Bowser's Castle on PM, Rainbow Road, Spirit Tracks (ugh when you get this in All-Star), Lumiose, F-Zero, Arena Ferox, Dreamland, and Find Mii all do this at points and it's a bit too much. You gotta be pretty much on your game the entire time or you'll get caught by these.

Really disappointed in the stages, overall. Hopefully Wii U tames some of them down, which it seems like most of them are more bearable.

Yeah, spacing is key when playing as and against Mac--something I forget from time to time. D:

I still have a lot of work to do with Lady Palutena... She just has so few approach options.

Also, nice counters ands poking with that last match! You've got a nice Lucina. :)

thanks XD lol i still need to get that spacing down :/

man u got some awesome characters XD

I don't understand what to do about the bike. It seems like you can spam it without repercussion. Am I missing something?

First Wario I have played against.

GGs.

The hitbox extends too far out to do that, it seems. Or do you mean shield and grab?
Yeah, that's what I mean. Not much the bike can do against shields.

EDIT: Another thing you can do is jump and use an aerial which always hits Wario out of it. Wario jumping out of the bike has a delay, so you can hit him before he jumps.

Dr. Buni

I've realized that so many levels try and kill you by either quickly moving a platform up or down, or moving the stage boundary...

3D World, Golden Plains, to and from Bowser's Castle on PM, Rainbow Road, Spirit Tracks (ugh when you get this in All-Star), Lumiose, F-Zero, Arena Ferox, Dreamland, and Find Mii all do this at points and it's a bit too much. You gotta be pretty much on your game the entire time or you'll get caught by these.

Really disappointed in the stages, overall. Hopefully Wii U tames some of them down, which it seems like most of them are more bearable.
It is 3D Land, but yeah, I agree. Though to be honest, the Wii U stages revealed so far don't look that much better in this aspect.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I disagree, pretty all the stages we've seen don't seem to have any of that "bait-and-switch" element to them, they all seem to have very solid platforms, and set boundaries.

Well, Orbital Gate might prove otherwise, but that's one of like 15.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Not much the bike can do against shields.

EDIT: Another thing you can do is jump and use an aerial which always hits Wario out of it. Wario jumping out of the bike has a delay, so you can hit him before he jumps.
Ah, thank you. I will work on that.

Revven

So, tonight is the Nintendo tournament finals at 6 PM EST: www.twitch.tv/nintendo

Not sure if it'll be worth watching because it's 4 stocks 8 minutes (aka guaranteed timeouts almost every match) but prog, Toph, Bill Trinen, and possibly even D1 will be commentating (I read on D1's twitter about him asking prog if he should come to be a substitute in case something happens with prog). So, it'll at least be fun to see those three people interacting and to hear prog commentating again in general will be nice.

So, tonight is the Nintendo tournament finals at 6 PM EST: www.twitch.tv/nintendo

Not sure if it'll be worth watching because it's 4 stocks 8 minutes (aka guaranteed timeouts almost every match) but prog, Toph, Bill Trinen, and possibly even D1 will be commentating (I read on D1's twitter about him asking prog if he should come to be a substitute in case something happens with prog). So, it'll at least be fun to see those three people interacting and to hear prog commentating again in general will be nice.

I guarantee there won't be timeouts if they actually do play with equipment :p

Ricky 7

So I went for the UK regional heat this morning... and this happened during my match >.>
BzrI8xhIEAAwmFe.jpg

brb buying a superglue
Exact same thing happened to my 3DS, still haven't fixed it yet. Makes playing competitively so hard.

Also what were the game rules in the UK Regional Heats? I was gonna join but the main prize was too crap so I couldn't be bothered.

Durden77

Why the hell is Yoshi's fair so damn fast? He already has so many options, and then they speed that up? It makes him so dangerous to approach from the air with follow ups.

Any tips on how to counter counters as Yoshi? People keep using them on me and I keep getting screwed up. They're so fast too, so lots of times its hard for me to react in time.

Exact same thing happened to my 3DS, still haven't fixed it yet. Makes playing competitively so hard.

Also what were the game rules in the UK Regional Heats? I was gonna join but the main prize was too crap so I couldn't be bothered.

what was the main prize?

Any tips on how to counter counters as Yoshi? People keep using them on me and I keep getting screwed up. They're so fast too, so lots of times its hard for me to react in time.
You're being really aggressive if you're constantly getting hit by counters. Try to bait the counters if they're throwing it out too much and punish them for it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, use standard B too.

Revven

Do the same thing as you would with any character: bait the counter out. 99% of the time the player is being extremely predictable with their counter so if you know it's coming, fake them out by either doing an empty jump, dashing and then stop by hitting shield, or anything that won't end up hitting and activating the counter (i.e a grab). You'll be able to then punish their endlag from the counter (which varies on a character-by-character basis but generally every counter is punishable at most ranges if you bait it out). This should be especially easy to do with Yoshi.

Wow, so I finally unlocked Bowser Jr. He SD without taking damage lol.
Now for some reason, that unlocked panel 3 challenges for me and man did I fill in a lot of it.I had panel 2 with 25 already completed and 16 on panel 3.

Top Bottom