• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

They're sooo weird considering how smash usually plays. It's all about punishing whoever does something unsafe and tossing out tons of downsmashes, which also gimps the other Mac's recovery really effectively.

Then you both get KO punches and just stand there for a bit.

Volodja

Someone could make a flowchart for my Ganondorf taking the Ken chart from Street Fighter and putting Flame Choke in place of Shoryuken.
On the characters where Choke into FTilt or DTilt doesn't work I'm pretty much fucked.

They're sooo weird considering how smash usually plays. It's all about punishing whoever does something unsafe and tossing out tons of downsmashes, which also gimps the other Mac's recovery really effectively.

Then you both get KO punches and just stand there for a bit.

ibrFdClUobuj43.png

Teknoman

Questions:

• When is the first GAF tournament?
  • When are we going to have a Mii fighter only tournament
  • Are there ever any 4p online GAF rooms up?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So my friends and I invented a mode we call Luma Battle

Four player only, everyone is Rosalina, only items are Pokeballs

Its very dumb and completely impossible to keep track of who's Luma is where

Moonlight

Banned
Though he may never see this, would like to thank a Ganondorf called Devon on For Glory, for having fought like twenty-some matches with my Robin (he fought me with a shitload of characters, really), and helping build confidence in my Robin strategy and general play-style. Spent the first half of those sets with nary a win (bar the first, against his 'dorf). Kept making a bunch of mistakes, kept screwing up the Arcfire to Levin Fair combo, kept wasting tomes, kept losing patience (and nerves), kept missing edgeguards and I could barely finish off a stock. As time went on, started to get reasonably consistent in all these thing and more. Started getting a feel for timing the Thunder tomes and spacing the Arcfires, too. Even got a couple solid Levin edgeguards! Particularly proud of baiting a Counter from Lucina and punishing with Dthrow to Levin Uair.

Felt like the first time that I'd legitimately felt like I was fighting someone tangibly in my skill bracket, and not so impatient to quit out after a few wins or losses. Just feel like I gained a lot in terms of executing what I wanna do with a character.

We also started the matches with amicable taunts. Was fun!

Sadly, he left after his 'dorf beat my Robin. I suppose he wanted to go out on a high note, heh.

...then I found a new match and got bodied by ZSS. :lol

Though he may never see this, would like to thank a Ganondorf called Devon on For Glory, for having fought like twenty-some matches with my Robin (he fought me with a shitload of characters, really), and helping build confidence in my Robin strategy and general play-style. Spent the first half of those sets with nary a win (bar the first, against his 'dorf). Kept making a bunch of mistakes, kept screwing up the Arcfire to Levin Fair combo, kept wasting tomes, kept losing patience (and nerves), kept missing edgeguards and I could barely finish off a stock. As time went on, started to get reasonably consistent in all these thing and more. Started getting a feel for timing the Thunder tomes and spacing the Arcfires, too. Even got a couple solid Levin edgeguards! Particularly proud of baiting a Counter from Lucina and punishing with Dthrow to Levin Uair.

Felt like the first time that I'd legitimately felt like I was fighting someone tangibly in my skill bracket, and not so impatient to quit out after a few wins or losses. Just feel like I gained a lot in terms of executing what I wanna do with a character.

Sadly, he left after his 'dorf beat my Robin. I suppose he wanted to go out on a high note, heh.

Still need to fight your Robin!

Codeblue

GGs Codeblue, it was so laggy though! I don't remember last time being bad. Also did Pit's fsmash beat Lucina's counter?!

Yeah, it definitely wasn't that bad last time. Maybe it'll be smooth again next time we run some games.

And yeah, that FSmash/Counter was insane. Wasn't expecting you to be able to outspace that.

Teknoman

I'd be up for some team battles later Saturday. Too sleepy to put up a fight after today, but was just curious. I dont think i've played with Nintendo GAF since... Mario Kart 8 early on.

hey moonlight i want to have a go at your robin as well XD i need to train and get better with lucina lol

Just got the game earlier tonight and I have unlocked almost all the characters and beat I think 50 of the challenges so, once I unlock the last 2, I think I'll attempt online

It's gotten a little better, but it's still nothing too special.

Also CoconutTank, I didn't realize how much scarier ROB is in this game. His smash attacks make him hard to approach.
I'm actually making more use of Robo Spin with the games we've played :) It's not as terrible as I thought, but I should be more considerate about it's use :p

I really wish that they would remove the start-up on Sonic's "Neutral B"...there is no reason why the homing attack should have start-up (I'm kind of surprised that it doesn't just work like the games "Jump + B/A = homing attack").
It doesn't have a lot of knock back, it can only go straight at the opponent, it's easy to whiff, and it's got a ton of down time/lag.

I mean...I'd be fine with it having downtime if it whifs or if it's blocked but making it so telegraphed is just...mean. lol

Durden77

Yeah, it definitely wasn't that bad last time. Maybe it'll be smooth again next time we run some games.

And yeah, that FSmash/Counter was insane. Wasn't expecting you to be able to outspace that.

Yeah we'll try it again after a while. I didn't know it would work at all! If his fsmash beat sher counter consistently he'll have a major advantage in that match-up.

CoconutTank I gotta room up if you're still down.

Edit : This time I got greninja'd

Top Bottom