• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

If you win the Regional Heat you get to participate in the final in London where the main prize is a Wii U and SSB4 Wii U when it releases. You have to pay for your own travel costs too. =

Is there a link to this?

and lmao at paying for your own travel costs, UK branch is cheap confirmed :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well since I gave overalls Wario his Ware colours, here's Ware Wario with his overalls colours:

iBqoO7AI0u0v7.png

This is why I wanted a custom palette feature.

Golnei

Well since I gave overalls Wario his Ware colours, here's Ware Wario with his overalls colours:

iBqoO7AI0u0v7.png

A custom palette feature would have been great, but I would have just been happy with Olimar and Wario getting a full set of colours for both their models.

I guess patches, DLC or texture hacking are our only hope...

I just fought a Ganondorf that hung on the edge, jumping away and then back to the ledge, only to flame choke me when I went after him and perform a Ganoncide to win the match. Fuck these assholes right in the face.

Pyrokai

Smash Run might be the most confusing thing I've ever experienced. I seriously don't think I understand one thing about it.

Durden77

iBqoO7AI0u0v7.png

This is so cool. I wish this was the colors his Microgames persona was made in the first place.

ChrisD

Tips for sword users (Lucina in particular) against friggin' Pac-Man/Duck Hunt? Sit to side. Charge projectile. Throw projectile. Run to other side. Grab you on the way if you shielded the projectile. Repeat ad infinitum.

My "tactic" is to hope they stay in so I can out-camp them as Villager. Just as a * you, look at how fun this is.

ffdgh

Tips for sword users (Lucina in particular) against friggin' Pac-Man/Duck Hunt? Sit to side. Charge projectile. Throw projectile. Run to other side. Grab you on the way if you shielded the projectile. Repeat ad infinitum.

My "tactic" is to hope they stay in so I can out-camp them as Villager. Just as a * you, look at how fun this is.

Rosalina's down B works almost too well for most campers.

Smash Run might be the most confusing thing I've ever experienced. I seriously don't think I understand one thing about it.
Make sure your turn on customization as equips and powers make a huge difference here.

Problem is early on you don't have much to work with in terms of equips and powers (these are similar to Kid Icarus). Also consider doing a few runs with the map screen to get used to what different areas look like (that stage does have layout variants but there are really only minor modifications) so you can find your way to more suitable foes. The general rule is the outer areas have tougher foes. Especially, the bottom right.

As for the final challenge, I feel the CPU level is set to moron here but sometimes you just can't win (e.g. Bowser in race to the finish probably isn't going to do well against say, Sonic regardless of speed boosts). For the finish first with all characters challenge remember you can use the vault top find out who is missing here.

These last two powers won't drop!
I think some powers come from the challenge board.

Make sure your turn on customization as equips and powers make a huge difference here.

Problem is early on you don't have much to work with in terms of equips and powers (these are similar to Kid Icarus). Also consider doing a few runs with the map screen to get used to what different areas look like (that stage does have layout variants but there are really only minor modifications) so you can find your way to more suitable foes. The general rule is the outer areas have tougher foes. Especially, the bottom right.

As for the final challenge, I feel the CPU level is set to moron here but sometimes you just can't win (e.g. Bowser in race to the finish probably isn't going to do well against say, Sonic regardless of speed boosts). For the finish first with all characters challenge remember you can use the vault top find out who is missing here.

I think some powers come from the challenge board.

Shinespark and Boomerang. I already have some 99 challenges completed.

EDIT: And I just got Shinespark after typing this. Only one more to go.

Cedric

Is it just me or does Ganondorf's voice glitch sometimes when you hit him? His normal cry gets pitched down a couple of tones once in a while.

Cedric

Am I the only one who have trouble picking a main?

I'm kinda in the same boat, though these days I'm really feeling it with Rosalina. Problem is for me Melee Falco was the best character in Smash history, and I just can't find that same goodness anywhere else...

Dr. Buni

I'm kinda in the same boat, though these days I'm really feeling it with Rosalina. Problem is for me Melee Falco was the best character in Smash history, and I just can't find that same goodness anywhere else...
I really liked Brawl Pikachu, but I am not feeling it with him in Smash 4.
In the same boat.
I'm just moving across a few characters.
Me too, but I am getting tired of moving across characters. I would like to settle with two or three characters and mostly play them.
Same. Losing Snake is really weird. Got Captain Falcon but I want someone new all the time.
So it is more common than I thought!

Am I the only one who have trouble picking a main?
Just a few days ago I thought Wario is really boring compared to in Brawl and I wanted to drop him, so I experimented with several characters. That is, until I came back to Wario and realize how inferior the other characters are in comparison.
All it took is for me to adjust to his new changes.

Who did you main in previous Smash games?

Cedric

The GC controller might switch things up a bit though. Having more control over the characters might make it easier to figure out your real main.

Top Bottom