• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Exact same thing happened to my 3DS, still haven't fixed it yet. Makes playing competitively so hard.

Also what were the game rules in the UK Regional Heats? I was gonna join but the main prize was too crap so I couldn't be bothered.

4 minutes all item single elimination with random stage. Can't remember the rule for heat final.

Dr. Buni

Nah man you aren't the only one having trouble.

I played like captain falcon in 64 and Melee.

With Brawl and Smash 4 there isn't anyone that vibes right with me.
Well, unlike Brawl, Smash 4 still is fresh, so I hope you find a main eventually.
Just a few days ago I thought Wario is really boring compared to in Brawl and I wanted to drop him, so I experimented with several characters. That is, until I came back to Wario and realize how inferior the other characters are in comparison.
All it took is for me to adjust to his new changes.

Who did you main in previous Smash games?
Ness/Pikachu in Smash and Pikachu/Diddy in Brawl...

Actually, I played most characters in Brawl, but Pikachu was the one I played the most. I usually like playing those small/cute characters, but there are so many of them in Smash 4.

(I liked Wario in Brawl, btw... His air game is incredible and I love characters with good air game)

Oh is it that it's hard to pick a main to focus on because there's so many characters you like, rather than you having a hard time finding a single character you really enjoy?

I still feel that way in Melee and 64 lol. Alternated between Mario/Dr Mario, Captain Falcon, DK, Jigglypuff and Falco a LOT. It took until Brawl for me to find that one character that just beats everyone else for me in Wario. (And Snake, but he's gone :<)

For Glory?...

Bzr0fXxIUAAgkSe.png

Ricky 7

Is there a link to this?

and lmao at paying for your own travel costs, UK branch is cheap confirmed :p

I know, they used to pay for travel cost before in their previous events. The prizes were better too. When Brawl came out the prize was a 40 inch HD TV with a surround sound system
which I won.

Kind defeats the purpose when you could probably buy a Wii U for the cost of travel
I know right? That's why I didn't bother.

4 minutes all item single elimination with random stage. Can't remember the rule for heat final.

Kinda figured they wouldn't do stock =/

Dr. Buni

Oh is it that it's hard to pick a main to focus on because there's so many characters you like, rather than you having a hard time finding a single character you really enjoy?

I still feel that way in Melee and 64 lol. Alternated between Mario/Dr Mario, Captain Falcon, DK, Jigglypuff and Falco a LOT. It took until Brawl for me to find that one character that just beats everyone else for me in Wario. (And Snake, but he's gone :<)
Yup, that exactly. With 50 characters in the game, there are just so many I like and would like to git gud with. I am sure I will eventually settled down with one or two, but until then...

Snake being cut was a damn shame >:

Ugh. I don't think its even fun to operate at this crazy high of a level. (By 'this high'', I mean being simply 'okay' by y'alls standards.) People say, ' to counter a counter, just bait the counter and then grab them' but in reality doing something like that requires insane split second reflexes and reaction times.

Its just stressful and extremely complicated trying to memorize the lengths of these attacks and animations, how you will respond to counters, grabs, not over using certain moves, learning not to telegraph things, what move cancels what, etc. Its like studying for a math test, not having fun playing for a video game.

Maybe I should just stick to mindless simple games, so I can use video games as a form of escape instead of something that gives me a headache.

Blues1990

I can't enjoy 1 V.S. 1. Either my opponents toy with me, or I go through living hell against the Little Mac players (as Mega Man). Do you guys have any tips on how I can make the most of it?

Ugh. I don't think its even fun to operate at this crazy high of a level. (By 'this high'', I mean being simply 'okay' by y'alls standards.) People say, ' to counter a counter, just bait the counter and then grab them' but in reality doing something like that requires insane split second reflexes and reaction times.
No, it just requires some thinking. Most people have patterns to when they counter. Eventually you will pick these up without even having to think much.

Tan

I can't enjoy 1 V.S. 1. Either my opponents toy with me, or I go through living hell against the Little Mac players (as Mega Man). Do you guys have any tips on how I can make the most of it?

The matches are usually less laggy than 4 player matches. I really enjoy that aspect of it.

ffdgh

Its just stressful and extremely complicated trying to memorize the lengths of these attacks and animations, how you will respond to counters, grabs, not over using certain moves, learning not to telegraph things, what move cancels what, etc. Its like studying for a math test, not having fun playing for a video game.

Maybe I should just stick to mindless simple games, so I can use video games as a form of escape instead of something that gives me a headache.

Don't overwhelm yourself. Have a little fun!

No, it just requires some thinking. Most people have patterns to when they counter. Eventually you will pick these up without even having to think much.

To you, it just requires some simple thinking. Just like in basketball it requires some thinking for Michael Jordan to drive to the basket past Hakeem Olajuwon.

Picking up these patterns and being able to react to them and plan counters to them all in fractions of a second is much more than simply thinking.

Don't overwhelm yourself. Have a little fun!

Its hard to have fun when you keep losing to almost everyone you play that hasn't just picked up the game two seconds ago.

Dr. Buni

Just play the game to have fun.

Flowmoney

Have you tried captain falcon? He's got crazy buffed

I have tried him but I am doing better with random characters at the moment.

Maybe I will try him again on Wii U version with more precise controls.3ds feels so foreign to me with the circlepad and I am just improvising with what I can pull off.

Dr. Buni

I only get to win in For Glory with Bowser Jr. And even then it is not always (I got my ass kicked by an Ike one of these days).
Maybe Bowser Jr. is supposed to be my main.

Man, I should stop touching those things.

Anyway, Duck Hunt and Shulk are definitely my bros, Pac-Man and Little Mac are the cousins and ZSS my BFF. Only Palutena and Ganondorf are complete strangers in my roster, I've even added a piece of black tape on their faces. It also works like a stage hazard.

Bulbasaur

Banned
I barely played Brawl but Sheik seems a lot less fun than Melee. I enjoyed the whip, now replaced by that string bomb thing and her down B takes a lot of practice. Plus her Smash with the arrow doesn't make sense at all.

Anybody have any tips on good launchers with Sheik? I'm going through All-star mode with every character on easy but while it was basically a cake walk for the majority of the 20 fighter before her I'm finding I'm dying by far the most with Sheik.

I actually haven't died from enemies but I keep suiciding because of her up B.

Caladrius

I'm still feeling everybody out. Falco, ROB, Falcon, Game and Watch are definitely staying and I'm going to pick up Bowser, Sonic, the Doctor and Samus.

Out of the newcomers I'm leaning on Greninja, Lucina and Pac-Man.

guys why do I like to play falco
guys why am I considering maining falco
guys why

Because he's fun?

AdaWong

Was there a thread where people post their custom Miis? I wanna see how creative people can get.

*prays I don't get get ignored like i always do*

kirby_fox

Banned
I feel like this is a game where my main is going to be random.

The only mains I have from previous versions are Doc, Kirby and Fox. Doc feels good to use again but not Melee good. Kirby doesn't feel great and neither does Fox.

I want to like Ness being a Brawl Lucas main, and his attacks are so much better- but it's not Lucas. I want to like Charizard being a PT main, but they took away some stuff I liked about him in Brawl and he feels a lot different.

I think there are more characters I hate to play as, than there are characters I want to main.

Top Bottom