• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

Z1iUH1G.png

I think this picture sums up most of Smash Run for me (not mine btw)

I've hardly ever had a situation like that in Smash Run, barring maybe one or two instances of being sandwiched by the KI:U shield enemy and, uh, a Bulborb or Stalfos or something.

Regardless, I think that's a hilarious picture.

Moonlight

Banned
Oh god, that last match. I kept forgetting I wasted my second jump. @@

You're pretty good with those counters too, Sora! Can't believe I finished off my own last stock, haha.

Kriken

The Ike vs Robin match-up mindfucks me hard. I fought one on For Glory just now and had no idea what to do. And just when I felt like I was figuring him out, he left. orz

Ike mains, call me!

Huh, I was gonna say that in my experience, Robin has given me problems because Ike can't really close the gap all that well against zoning characters. Well I mean with decent tactics he can, but a good zoning mindset with Robin can make Robin untouchable against Ike

Edit: speaking of which...

How are you playing her? Having success with her defensive moveset (specials, at least?)

I would play Wii Fit Trainer if at least I could land her smash and aerials. Her hitboxes are so damn weird.

i find palus normals are the standout in her moveset her forward and down smash causes slight push back even when not hit ad can be used for some effective edge guarding if done right as well as reflect (tho its better used in projectile heavy match ups i find)

i also really like her forward air and neutral air her forward air i find is a really good approach and its not to laggy on land i think

i also really enjoy palus rolls a lot since they are fast and is hard to punish

while playing her at first i was rather dissapointed with her special selection even with customs i see myself gravating towards default since i rarely use them anyway lol

Oh god, that last match. I kept forgetting I wasted my second jump. @@

You're pretty good with those counters too, Sora! Can't believe I finished off my own last stock, haha.

i really pride myself in my counter game :p wow i forgot to omega the stage :/ sorry im gonna sd off this stage i hate it so muccch

Moonlight

Banned
Huh, I was gonna say that in my experience, Robin has given me problems because Ike can't really close the gap all that well against zoning characters. Well I mean with decent tactics he can, but a good zoning mindset with Robin can make Robin untouchable against Ike
Yeah, but it was the first time I'd ever fought Ike. Arcfire became my friend. My main problem was that his Draw makes him pretty hard to intercept with a Levin Sword aerial. Kept trying to punish it with grab, too, only to remember Robin's grab suuuucks, haha.

Kriken

Yeah, but it was the first time I'd ever fought Ike. Arcfire became my friend. My main problem was that his Draw makes him pretty hard to intercept with a Levin Sword aerial. Kept trying to punish it with grab, too, only to remember Robin's grab suuuucks, haha.

You literally need to lame it out, just keep that arcfire up while charging thunder and wait to punish the quickdraw with the thunder

Spinluck

This game got Falcon's knee down perfectly.

It was OP as hell in Melee, garbage in Brawl, but it feels perfectly balanced here. Add the landing lag in there so now it can't be carelessly spammed.

Dr. Buni

i find palus normals are the standout in her moveset her forward and down smash causes slight push back even when not hit ad can be used for some effective edge guarding if done right as well as reflect (tho its better used in projectile heavy match ups i find)

i also really like her forward air and neutral air her forward air i find is a really good approach and its not to laggy on land i think

i also really enjoy palus rolls a lot since they are fast and is hard to punish

while playing her at first i was rather dissapointed with her special selection even with customs i see myself gravating towards default since i rarely use them anyway lol

i really pride myself in my counter game :p wow i forgot to omega the stage :/ sorry
Alright, thanks for the impressions. I think aside from Warp, side B is her best special. It is really useful to push people away, even the non-projectile heavy ones. I guess I should give Palutena a few more tries before writing her off.

entremet

So who is everyone messing with now?

My rotation consists of

Greninja--most likely my 1st serious main.
Ike-Loved him Brawl. Still love him. Soild second.
Zamus--Love her new direction. Up Special is awesome as a finisher.
Link--Much improved. Actually has a recovery now. Love spamming projectiles.
Mega Man--Same as Link. Love the projectile spam lame game.

In the Lab:
King Dedede--Some nice buffs.
Ganondorf--Go to Free for All character. Super armor was a great addition.

Do you guys think that custom moves will be allowed in tournament play? I really love what they add to the game!

I'm really hoping so! I find Dr. Mario needs a lot of work to be great without his excellent customs, and I'm sure the same could be said of a lot of characters. And think of the options!

So, anybody want to try my Falco? I'm still learning, but I want some 1v1's to see how I fare. 4854-6608-1552

Z1iUH1G.png

I think this picture sums up most of Smash Run for me (not mine btw)
Ornes make playing Smash with the sound off not fun at all. They really do show up out of nowhere without their music. They also seem to be immune the despwaning the moment you walk 50 m away that most other enemies suffer.

Unbounded

My rotation consists of

In the Lab:

Mostly DK and Mii Gunner. Currently also looking at Rosalina, seems really fun.

I'm probably also going to take a loot at Gdorf and Link when I get the chance.

My rotation consists of

In the Lab:

My mains (I suppose) are Ness, Jigglypuff, and G&W at this point. Ness and G&W I've loved since Melee, and Jigglypuff finally clicked for me here.

I'm trying to figure out Alph and Diddy too- I'm really interested in both of them, since they're really fun. I'm really hoping to get competent with them.

Azuran

Banned

My rotation consists of

In the Lab:

Go to guys:
Link - My main since 64. Love the upgrades he got in this game.
Pit/Dark Pit - Way more fun than the Brawl version. Side-B is so good when use smartly. Just need to consistently learn how to KO with their tilts.

Learning/Interested:
Greninja - Fun as hell and this coming from someone who can't use/stand fast characters like Sheik and ZSS. Still trying to get used to his speed and jumping distance since I never use characters like him.

My rotation consists of

In the Lab:

Main:
Wario - Main in Brawl. He still beats aerial characters with his own air game, and the buffs to the bike really made it more fun and viable. Can't really use anyone else but him, he's too fun.

...That's it. Dunno who my secondary even is, really. In Brawl it was Snake and he was the perfect complement to Wario, but I can't find anyone here. :<

Volodja

I sure like playing against counter happy Shulks as Ganondorf.
Oh, you are gonna stand there instead of using your high range attacks, ok, let me Choke you a bit.

Alright, thanks for the impressions. I think aside from Warp, side B is her best special. It is really useful to push people away, even the non-projectile heavy ones. I guess I should give Palutena a few more tries before writing her off.

i find her counter to be useful and her reflect is by far the best aside from warp hwever i do
think she is meant to played with spacing in mind

and ah god im sorry if this lag is on my end moonlight i got to work on my robin :/

I sure like playing against counter happy Shulks as Ganondorf.
Oh, you are gonna stand there instead of using your high range attacks, ok, let me Choke you a bit.
Not just Shulk. Whenever I throw your average Mac up in the air they immediately counter.

Thanks for the free juggle.

Top Bottom