• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

entremet

I need to see a pro megaman match. I refuse to accept that he sucks.

Someone hold me.

Just train to be the best Mega Man you can be.

Tiers are nonsense. Play with those you have fun playing with. Plus it makes more sweet when you win.

Mega is fun. His smashes are weak though. His side smash is awesome but its slow.

Tiers are nonsense. Play with those you have fun playing with. Plus it makes more sweet when you win.

Mega is fun. His smashes are weak though. His side smash is awesome but its slow.

just focus on building damage and then nailing the Mega Upper imo

Makai

So who is everyone messing with now?

My rotation consists of

Greninja--most likely my 1st serious main.
Ike-Loved him Brawl. Still love him. Soild second.
Zamus--Love her new direction. Up Special is awesome as a finisher.
Link--Much improved. Actually has a recovery now. Love spamming projectiles.
Mega Man--Same as Link. Love the projectile spam lame game.

In the Lab:
King Dedede--Some nice buffs.
Ganondorf--Go to Free for All character. Super armor was a great addition.
Villager is my main. I have a bunch of secondaries.

It's the trickiest to dodge sometimes. Just watch some Replay Channel on him.

Zing

Banned
I had a lot more typed here, but then safari froze up and I lost it all. I'll summarized my original post. :(

This is my first Smash Bros game. It's great. I tried Brawl at its release but it's online was broken and I never bothered to play single player. I really enjoy spectating and think the ability to bet is ingenious.

My connections have been completely smooth almost every match. I play four-player "for fun" almost exclusively, with about 50 or more matches under my belt. I recall a couple stutters, but they smooth out. Anyone having connection problems honestly needs to check their own router and Internet connection.

So far, I prefer Villager, Link, and Kirby. I am tinkering with Duck Hunt and Game & Watch, though.

StayDead

Tips for sword users (Lucina in particular) against friggin' Pac-Man/Duck Hunt? Sit to side. Charge projectile. Throw projectile. Run to other side. Grab you on the way if you shielded the projectile. Repeat ad infinitum.

My "tactic" is to hope they stay in so I can out-camp them as Villager. Just as a * you, look at how fun this is.

Duck hunt dog is easy, just run cancel shield if he projectiles or hop over them and hit them with a fair or dair!

Son Of D

My rotation consists of

In the Lab:

Main Rotations:
Zero Suit Samus - Really liking her this time round. Still getting to grips with her but she's a lot of fun.
Dr Mario - I think it's the lack of FLUDD that makes me want to use him over Mario.
Link - This is pretty much because of the demo. It's great to see an actual good Link in Smash.

Lab:
Lucario - Liking his changes and he's a lot of fun. Just need to work on actually killing people outside of a lucky Smash at high %.
Pac-Man - Probably the most fun character for me. Just a joy to use. Working on killing with him as well and properly incorporating his keepaway.
Lucina/Marth - Depends on my mood. I enjoy using both of them but I probably lean more towards Lucina.
Greninja - So fun, but I've only really picked him up recently.

My rotation consists of

In the Lab:
Main:
ROB - Been training him often to the neglect of other chars. I really like most of the buffs he got this time. Robo Spin is a good attack, but not really a good reflector imo.

I want to get back into Jiggs and Yoshi, as Yoshi was my main for Melee and I went between Jiggs and ROB for Brawl. Yoshi is pretty awesome this time and I actually prefer fighting in the air for the most part (which I try a little too much with ROB lol).

Dr. Buni

I have been playing mostly Bowser Jr, Pac-Man and Robin. I am dropping Robin because I didn't really like the game she comes from (maining a character from a game I don't like doesn't make sense to me lol), but I am sure I am not dropping at least Bowser Jr anytime soon. King Dedede is quite fun, too and I guess I can say the same about my old Smash 64 main, Ness.

Spainkiller

the man who sold the world
Cruel Smash is fun.

6 kills is my record. I wonder if anyone has figured out the computer like they did with Melee. Cruel Melee as brain dead AI which you can bait into killing itself.

6 here as well, with my boy Ike. Lots of edge taunting and Aethering, though. Didn't think of using Counter.

Fiktion

Banned

My rotation consists of

In the Lab:

Shulk: This dude is super fun to play. Landing lag sucks but his tilts come out quick, he's got great reach, and the Monado Arts are fun to juggle.
Lucina: I always liked Marth.
Rosalina: Still figuring her out but I love what I'm seeing. They think they have you in hitstun and then Luma gets them with a smash attack.
Little Mac: Fuck the haters.

KarmaCow

Dumb question, but if you're falling back to the stage and your opponent has attacks that will flat out beat yours, is there any safe way down outside of getting farther than their attack range? Unless I'm missing something, air dodging has landing lag so there doesn't seem be much room for error if at all.

Basically, I get very annoyed fighting Shulks with how long his moves last.

Yeah, I'm going to be honest, it seemed like you've played a lot of 1v1. Seeing as you absolutely wrecked me with flawless understanding of your character.

Sorry, I didn't mean to say that I'm a newb, just that I'm not to be underestimated. >.>;;; You did well for yourself though, and I appreciated our connection's lack of problems. Thanks for playing with me!

And I hope that you too will come to understand your characters (which one was your main? :O)

Sorry, I didn't mean to say that I'm a newb, just that I'm not to be underestimated. >.>;;; You did well for yourself though, and I appreciated our connection's lack of problems. Thanks for playing with me!

And I hope that you too will come to understand your characters (which one was your main? :O)

I think it's Pac-Man, or Sheik, or Charizard. I'm still learning. I've got a way further way to go than you :p

Cool games, anyway. Can't say I had much fun but I can say unreservedly you're pretty fucking good :lol

I think it's Pac-Man, or Sheik, or Charizard. I'm still learning. I've got a way further way to go than you :p

Cool games, anyway. Can't say I had much fun but I can say unreservedly you're pretty fucking good :lol

Go go! If there's anything that must be stated, it's that the way to getting good takes fucking forever and holy shit are you gonna be losing a fuckton. But it's so much fun to win too. :)

Thanks for the praise, say hi to Pacifica Ocean for me!

Volodja

This game has the most incosistent connection quality I've ever experienced.
The games just randomly get incredibly laggy from one match to the next, with the same person.
I was playing a dude, everything is fine, next match it's unplayable, like 10 frames per second.

Top Bottom