• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS |OT3| Little Mac and Cheese

wrongway

If you run off the ledge without using your first jump and do your jump immediately after you run off the ledge, that's you using up your second jump.

It's hard to notice at first which is why it seems random. Just watch a replay of a match where it happens and you'll pick up on it.

Ahh yeah, that's got it. If I jump with my feet on the ledge, the little white circle puff you get with your air jump plays, which of course means it's been used up. My tired eyes just weren't noticing the effect. Gotta give the edge a little buffer when jumping off then. Thanks! :D

watershed

Banned
Really good Rosaluma's are making a mess of my Little Mac. Really good zoning and tricky movements. I'm barely escaping with a 1 point win if that.

LostAnkh

Yeah it's cool, the Wii U version will be so much better when we can actually control our movement well.

Nice counters btw, those things make me feel like a moth to a flame; I can't stop getting rekt by them hahah

I'm good against them, because I make sure it's safe before jumping in. My only problem is side rolling and dash attacking into my opponents, because I'm open to grabs and Smash attacks.

Speaking of learning about movement, I've got a newbie question: What are the rules for activating your second/air jump? I'm to the point where I feel comfortable enough going off-stage to try to deny my opponent's return, but I'm finding that I sometimes just don't have my air jump. I'm dorking around in the training mode now just doing off-stage attacks, and the air jump failure just seems random to me. :<
I would assume you can only jump once when you're off stage, but you can air recover onto the edge. Some people like to hang from there and drop down to spike if they're gutsy enough, but in your case I'd only jump off the edge to try a neutral/forward air attack if they're way above stage level. Only try a spike when they below stage level AND if you know you can stop their recover, otherwise they can keep you from getting back on stage.

DooD1234

Alright, GG JrDev. Like to play some more but gotta go to sleep. You have a great Robin. You know how to aim your arc fire. Your Mac is a little side B happy but not too bad either.

Just for feedback, what do you think was my toughest character?

I should quit while I'm ahead...
Elupn7K.jpg

jrDev

Alright, GG JrDev. Like to play some more but gotta go to sleep. You have a great Robin. You know how to aim your arc fire. Your Mac is a little side B happy but not too bad either.

Just for feedback, what do you think was my toughest character?
GGs, Not so much a tough character other than you have great zoning skills, I've never missed so many attacks with my Robin ever but I was playing the analyze game early on until you changed the character lol. The one that gave me most problems was the Rosalina cause I had no idea how to approach that character, I've never seen her play before. I killed myself a lot too which I never do like ever with robin. Little Mac fights were all about zoning and you had that locked...

Good games. Feels so good to get some games with custom moves in. You're no slouch. That Mario was pretty terrifying. Maybe I'm just bad with Wii Fit Trainer.
Thanks! Mario is the only character I feel like I actually have a good grasp on at this point. Maybe it's because he's always been my main, but I actually mean to do what I do with him, if that makes sense. With Greninja, it's sorta coming together, but anytime the other person is good I panic and start just throwing together random moves that don't combo well. Haha, I guess I need more than a week.

We're not meant to play. :(
I'm down if you want to try.

DooD1234

GGs, Not so much a tough character other than you have great zoning skills, I've never missed so many attacks with my Robin ever but I was playing the analyze game early on until you changed the character lol. The one that gave me most problems was the Rosalina cause I had no idea how to approach that character, I've never seen her play before. I killed myself a lot too which I never do like ever with robin. Little Mac fights were all about zoning and you had that locked...

Hmm, okay thanks for the feedback. Don't think I was that good with zoning. I was using every projectile in Links arsenal and it would be very stupid of me to charge headlong into Mac considering his strength. I just wish Marth didn't keep getting a shorter sword and slower every game though. Kept missing some tippers and he just can't attack as fast as he use to. You have pretty good analyzing skills tell you that much but I can change my tricks when I notice you are starting to pick up. Lost a few times due to a good read though like you holding Robin down smash and hitting me directly as I got up lol. Let fight again soon.

Codeblue

It only gets worse. Friends Only matches are better anyway.

How's every one else's For Glory records looking one week in?

Also 80% but with only 60 or so matches played. Probably half those wins are Macs sailing off the edge unprovoked though, so I don't feel it represents how mediocre I am.

jrDev

Hmm, okay thanks for the feedback. Don't think I was that good with zoning. I was using every projectile in Links arsenal and it would be very stupid of me to charge headlong into Mac considering his strength. I just wish Marth didn't keep getting a shorter sword and slower every game though. Kept missing some tippers and he just can't attack as fast as he use to. You have pretty good analyzing skills tell you that much but I can change my tricks when I notice you are starting to pick up. Lost a few times due to a good read though like you holding Robin down smash and hitting me directly as I got up lol. Let fight again soon.
Yea, pretty challenging and entertaining fights. You are really daring though with offstage fights, I cant do it, I rather wait for you to come back haha. That last match I said to myself that you are going to throw me off stage and it happened even though I tried to prevent lol...

Valus

Hey guys, just thought I'd let you guys know that me and my friend were playing today with local wireless and was suffering from major lag. Matches would either lag horribly or just disconnect us.

We were able to fix it by removing these monster hunter aluminum hard covers that protected our 3DS'. Somehow the aluminum was interfering with the local wireless and lagged us bad. After removing them, zero lag. So if you and your pals are having issues, this may be the cause!

DooD1234

Yea, pretty challenging and entertaining fights. You are really daring though with offstage fights, I cant do it, I rather wait for you to come back haha. That last match I said to myself that you are going to throw me off stage and it happened even though I tried to prevent lol...
Truth be told, I don't even remember how I won that last match lol. It was so close that I was thinking to myself "woo hoo I won...wait how did I win again?" Lol real tense and close fights in a lot of them and the feeling was exhilarating more so than all of my For Glory opponents. It was great when I won and I didn't feel bad when I did lost.

Edit: oh yeah I remember now I dunked you as Mario lol.

Crayolan

So I just got a lot more time with the game tonight, and I'm pretty sure I found my main--Jigglypuff. I was pretty determined to learn how to play her this time around, but surprisingly she feels completely natural to me, and I'm absolutely wrecking as her as of yet, with only like 2 or 3 losses online compared to 10 or so wins. With only a few hours of Jiggly play I'm pretty solid with her air game, so now I'm gonna try to teach myself some rest combos.

Aside from Jiggz I'm still liking Shulk and Little Mac, but I'm having trouble with Robin. She seems a little too defensive for my tastes, but I was really excited to play as her and won't give up without putting some more time into her. Any tips would be appreciated.

Also, after some more experimenting with G&W I've found that he has a meteor smash on his dair and a bit of super armor on his up smash now, so maybe he isn't as bad as I originally thought. Not sure if he had these in Brawl.

And lastly, fuck Rosalina, she's annoying as hell to play against.

Top Bottom